: Adjustable Coil Overs available

LITTLEELVISDAN
04-02-10, 10:53 AM
FYI Found this in the CTS-V boards:cloud9:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v-appearance/196304-eibach-versus-h-r-kits.html

PGA2B
04-02-10, 12:17 PM
Interesting..... I'll be following that thread.

cad08stsv
04-03-10, 02:04 AM
Hi Dan,
I just read the posts on the CTS V forum and think it may be a good Idea. If they are ajustable then we can raise and lower at will, True????
If so that would solve a lot of problems. I thought of Air shocks but desided that I didn't want all that equipment in the car.
Dan, Can you direct my to a web site concerning these coil overs, so I can get a better look at them. If we can get enought interest prehaps a Group purchase could come about.
Thanks for your time Dan
Russell

Cataract
04-05-10, 01:07 PM
My experiences with coilovers was that most of the time the highest setting is equal or lower than aftermarket springs.. I couldn't find the heights for these coilovers, does anyone know how high they can be set at?

LITTLEELVISDAN
04-14-10, 11:22 AM
http://www.ground-control-store.com/products/description.php/II=715

LITTLEELVISDAN
04-14-10, 11:57 AM
I am calling Skunk2 racing to see if they will make us a STS-V Adjustable coil over. Anyone on the west coast know these guys or live close to them? A local contact is always better than a cold phone call. I have a good stock shock to send them for measurement purposes.

How many people are really interested in this?

LITTLEELVISDAN
04-14-10, 11:59 AM
http://www.skunk2.com/suspension-2.php?code=COVS

cad08stsv
04-14-10, 03:31 PM
Dan,
I looked at the web site you provided and they look impressive and expensive. I hope we can get a group purchase going on this. But I am still in for the time being.
Please keep me posted and thank you for all the hard work you are putting into this project
Russell

chrisngo
04-15-10, 06:58 PM
Dan,

I am probably going to be the boards guinea pig for this. My thread that you responded to was in regards to just this.

I am going to get a different spring rate that is more inline with the B&G/D3 springs. The only concern that I have is the length of the spring. If the spring lengths are identical to the CTS-V then I will be doing this modification. I found excellent pricing on them from a friend of mine.

Chris

LITTLEELVISDAN
04-15-10, 09:57 PM
I have already done the D3 spring upgrade. Lowered about 1.5 inches and 30% stiffer. I'm looking for a real Coil over now. Tein, Skunk2, Etc.

chrisngo
04-15-10, 11:11 PM
I don't think you'll be seeing anyone doing any type of fully adjustable coilovers for the STS-V's. I will be buying the Ground Control kit as soon as I pick up my STS-V.

Chris

chrisngo
04-24-10, 11:43 PM
Dan,

I will probably order the Ground Control suspension very soon. My question to you is: Are you sure that the spring lengths are the same between the STS-V and the CTS-V. I do not want to order and find out that the springs are too short or too long.

Thank you
Chris

PGA2B
04-25-10, 11:02 PM
Dan,
If you go to sell your D3's I may be interested. I am a B&G Dealer so I have access to a set also.

chrisngo
04-26-10, 05:18 PM
Dan,
If you go to sell your D3's I may be interested. I am a B&G Dealer so I have access to a set also.

B&G no longer sells the springs to regular retailers. They will only sell them to D3. If you can get B&G springs, i'll take some!

Chris

cadillac94pimpin
04-26-10, 05:27 PM
B&G no longer sells the springs to regular retailers. They will only sell them to D3. If you can get B&G springs, i'll take some!

Chris

There on Ebay I have seen them. Dont you need that special adapter for the ride leveling system.

LITTLEELVISDAN
04-26-10, 09:10 PM
Yes you do.... Unless you buy the complete kit from D3 you will be dissappointed... Not pitching for D3 but they are the only ones so far that have the work around kit that even the CTS-V guys were buying.

PGA2B
04-26-10, 10:21 PM
Yes you do.... Unless you buy the complete kit from D3 you will be dissappointed... Not pitching for D3 but they are the only ones so far that have the work around kit that even the CTS-V guys were buying.
I already have the work around in a box in my garage ;)

cad08stsv
04-29-10, 10:34 AM
Good Morning Dan & Bob,
Thanks for the informatin. I looked at the STSV page of the D3 site and there was nothing there about coil overs. However I did look at the CTSV page and they were there. Question is this the same as the ones used on the STSV or is it a dfifferent part number? Please advixe. and Thanks
Russell

LITTLEELVISDAN
04-29-10, 04:22 PM
Give D3 a call just to be sure.