: Northstar Engine Parts Galore!

97EldoCoupe
04-01-10, 08:15 PM
The deal has been 100% finalized. Without any banks' help, I sealed the deal on 236 engine blocks - brand new, from the GM Powertrain Liviona Assembly Plant.

Some have followed this- for those who haven't, I was working on a deal to buy 100 new Northstar blocks and heads and such. I cleaned them out and bought all of GM's overstock from 2002/2003. Some from other years.

236 blocks.
600 cylinder heads.
560 oil manifold plates. (fits 95-present?)
800 flywheels (flexplates) (fits 93-present?)
2100 oil level sensors (95 present)
2600 front crankshaft seals
8200 throttle body gaskets
408 camshaft covers
950 oil filter mounts (with and without cooler ports, 93-03)
950 oil pressure switches
300+ knock sensors (2000-2003)
250+ oil pans (93+)
timing covers (98+)
Bosch fuel rails, injectors- 2000-2002 Eldorado only, injectors fit all 2000-2005
100+ intake manifolds
1800+ oil dipstick tubes & dipsticks
new 275 & 300 hp camshafts
new 4.0 blocks for Aurora owners (limited quantities)
250 full timing sets (all 6 sprockets, 3 chains, guides/shoes, tensioners, etc.)
2000 valve springs
80 water pump belt tensioners for 93 and 94 model year engines
3200 oil fill caps (5w30 decal attatched but will fit all years to my knowledge)

It was a lengthy deal to put this together but these parts are all available now to anyone looking to repair their Northstar. I can also build these to order, for 2000-2005 cars, but I will need a bit of lead time to get the cranks, rods, and pistons together. GM can supply these to me for a high, but reasonable (for GM) cost. All engines that I build from this will be studded, even though these blocks are new and the threads are still perfectly clean (unless someone requests original head bolts).

I spent most of today off site filling up part of a warehouse I rented to store all of this. Two 53' trucks full. I can only get access to the warehouse at certain times of the day so any parts orders may be delayed 24 hours to allow me time to pick the stuff up- unfortunately my shop is only 4400 sq. ft. so I can only keep a limited supply there.

I am going to try my best to scoop up Northstar parts deals anytime I can so that we all have access to new, OEM parts (or NOS) at prices well below dealer prices.

If anyone has information on overstock Northstar parts up for sale, there may be a finders fee (reward) available for the contact info. Unfortunately at the present time, my financial resources are tapped out.. banks don't see the potential- they could have earned the interest from me, but they chose not to help.

My apologies to a couple of Cadillac owners who are waiting patiently for their cars to be completed- I had to deal with this priority ONE. Please understand that I had to take inventory and be present during the unloading. You all have my word that your cars will be fixed in a timely manner (I'm shooting for YESTERDAY) but proper time and care will be taken and nothing is going to be done in haste. On the bright side, for those of you who have a car here now, I may start installing some new parts free of charge simply because it takes less time than cleaning the old ones.

I have been working day and night lately with barely any sleep to make all of this happen and keep up to the daily work load.

Thank you Taylor for your vehicle referral, the bill from that car paid for the shipping of the truck that came today.

And thank you to all past, present, and future customers because without you this would not have been possible! :highfive:

Submariner409
04-01-10, 08:23 PM
Jake is now the Canadian equivalent of Joe Mondello's Olds engine shop in California.

Caesar, Let the games begin !!!

the recluse
04-01-10, 08:27 PM
Good to hear, I may need a new engine soon at the rate my wife drives my STS around. :thumbsup:

ejguillot
04-01-10, 09:23 PM
Jake, congratulations on pulling this deal off!:thumbsup: I'll keep you in mind if my Northstar needs anything (it shouldn't, after I installed your stud kit in it!)

Ranger
04-01-10, 10:17 PM
That's quite a haul. I can hear it now, Dealer: "You need a new engine sir, but GM doesn't have any available anymore".

ThumperPup
04-01-10, 10:36 PM
awesome so maybe ill end up with a few new parts with my HG job next weekend yayyyyyyyyyyy

oh dartn from Livonia thats not to far from me wish i knew if youw here gona be up here ahead of time would have asked you to stop by and work on my heads lol

Destroyer
04-02-10, 12:03 AM
Sounds like you cornered the market Jake. Congrats!:D

97EldoCoupe
04-02-10, 12:27 AM
Thanks everyone! I took some photos and will post them when I get a chance. I'll be up in western Canada in a short while on a business trip and a lot of updates will be done to my site during that time. The track re-opened today so I also have to run my cammed out STS down the 1/4 and see how it's doing.

I'll be travelling through the U.S. (passing right by you Ranger) on the way up to Manitoba. It's time for another short Caddy road trip! This time in an '01 DTS with night vision. That should be good because apparently North Dakota has a lot of wildlife (deer mostly). I'm interested in trying that option out - I've never had the pleasure yet.

I am so relieved to have this deal secured and finalized, the engines/parts at the warehouse.

I'd like to set up an account with Fel-Pro (Federal Mogul) directly to purchase gaskets in bulk- the issue with that is you have to do over $100,000 in business with them per year for them to even consider your account application. Maybe 236 Northstars with the potential of a lot more rebuilds / customer cars, etc., will get their attention. This way I could offer gaskets and parts to forum members at a discount as well.

Stingroo
04-02-10, 01:11 AM
Now I know what to do if anyone I see has a dead N* around. :thumbsup:

Congratulations man. Hope everything turns out exactly how you plan or better.

Ranger
04-02-10, 12:25 PM
Jake, I'll PM you my phone number. Don't pass by without stopping. I'll have a drink of your choice ready.

ThumperPup
04-02-10, 03:06 PM
Jake, I'll PM you my phone number. Don't pass by without stopping. I'll have a drink of your choice ready.

Hey don't get him to drunk now he needs to be sober in a week from today lol

Ranger
04-02-10, 04:51 PM
I'm guessing this trip is after your repair job.

Pete315
04-02-10, 07:34 PM
Jake, are we set for Thurs morning? if you can, send me an email. thanks.

97EldoCoupe
04-02-10, 08:54 PM
It's going to be a bit of a juggle- The one car I'm working on now- it was an engine rebuild and a trans swap- pulled the engine and saw a 3" crack in the block- looks like it's from freezing. I just had to pull another car in the shop (a scrap one of mine) to pull another core to work with. My help is taking Good Friday off, I'm still working.

Aside from a few minor setbacks everything is going according to plan but I may only return from my trip Thursday night. I had an unexpected vehicle drop off a couple days ago (no phone call, no appointment) so I'll have to get started on that one after all other cars are completed.

I am actually leaving Tuesday afternoon if I get everything done.

Ranger if I'm driving by during daylight hours I am definitely stopping by to see your DHS and meet you!

Ranger
04-02-10, 10:43 PM
Ranger if I'm driving by during daylight hours I am definitely stopping by to see your DHS and meet you!
Cool! I am working Friday afternoon/evening, but will be here Wed. & Thurs. Can you ballpark what day?

ThumperPup
04-02-10, 11:25 PM
I'm guessing this trip is after your repair job.

not even sure im gona be able to get the car up there now im not worried about being able to pass the boarder im worried about overheating and dieing whyll at idle
i was just on the highway today drove from Cleveland to Columbus and then back to Cleveland had to drop somethign of at a frineds place and
twice both times when i was at idle at a red light just after getting off the highway the temp rose up to 245 once i started driving it backed down to like 190-200 and during drivng it never went about 220 at the highest but then would still back down
so im afraid of overheating just sitting at the boarder waiting for them

Pete315
04-03-10, 12:08 AM
Jake, I will give you a phone call Sat morning.

97EldoCoupe
04-03-10, 08:46 AM
I will be working through the weekend very hard- I have a couple of customers who have to have their car back this weekend plus the fact that I need that little vacation slash business trip. If I don`t answer phone calls today don`t be surprised - John and Charity have the weekend off and 9 times out of 10 when the phone rings, I have my hands down between the engine and the car body loosening bolts and by the time I make it to the phone they hang up, LOL

Emailing me is the best way- when I`m on break I check and return emails.

Pete - we may have to reschedule but I will try to arrange so we can still make it Thursday or at least that weekend.

PupfromCleveland- if your car ran 230 all the way here you wouldn`t have a problem. Seriously I would check the cooling fan operation- usually it`s on the highway when they overheat due to bad HG`s and not at a red light. Usually. Not necessarily in this case.

Ranger- I plan on driving straight through- my dad and I are going together in his DTS (or the `03 Sierra if I can`t get the DTS ready). I`ve made the 1275 mile trip up to southern Manitoba through the U.S. on my own without stopping for the night (21 hours straight) and I`m confident I can do that again with my dad`s help driving. I think Tuesday afternoon I`ll be leaving, hopefully early in late morning or early afternoon, so that will put me in the Chicago area around late evening (7 hours to Chicago from my past experience). I`s time for a few days of cruising in a Caddy...

ponyboyt
04-05-10, 09:51 AM
lifters?