: Chrysler Signs Deal With the Greek To Supply All Government Cars

orconn
04-01-10, 04:46 PM
Detoit, MI Apr 1, 10 - : It was announced today that an agreement had been reached between Chrysler Corporation and the the Greek government to supply all automobiles to the country of Greece for the next ten years. The conquest of this once free and open market by the American company cames as a surprise as Greece had always shown a clear preference for autos made by Mercedes Benz of Germany.

"We would still be Mercedes customers" said Georges Pepanpopandreou Greek prine minister, "but Daimler-Benz will no longer accept our checks as down payment or payment in full."

"We are happy to have Greece as a major part of our new European market strategy" said Chrysler spokesman Randy Mac Henry, " and they have assured us the check is in the mail."

It is rumored that representatives of the governments of Portugal and Ireland are interested in inking similar deals.

Submariner409
04-01-10, 07:07 PM
The theme song of the Greek Chrysler alliance will be "I'm Walking Behind You".

Jesda
04-01-10, 10:26 PM
Lol...

I~LUV~Caddys8792
04-01-10, 10:30 PM
This actually seems very plausible. It's rather like getting caught in a sinking ship's whirlpool.

Destroyer
04-01-10, 10:33 PM
The theme song of the Greek Chrysler alliance will be "I'm Walking Behind You".I am Greek. Better watch out, I may be the one "walking behind you" one day. :D

Destroyer
04-01-10, 10:35 PM
Detoit, MI Apr 1, 10 - : It was announced today that an agreement had been reached between Chrysler Corporation and the the Greek government to supply all automobiles to the country of Greece for the next ten years. The conquest of this once free and open market by the American company cames as a surprise as Greece had always shown a clear preference for autos made by Mercedes Benz of Germany.

"We would still be Mercedes customers" said Georges Pepanpopandreou Greek prine minister, "but Daimler-Benz will no longer accept our checks as down payment or payment in full."

"We are happy to have Greece as a major part of our new European market strategy" said Chrysler spokesman Randy Mac Henry, " and they have assured us the check is in the mail."

It is rumored that representatives of the governments of Portugal and Ireland are interested in inking similar deals.Last time I was in Greece it was 1985. I don't remember seeing any Chrysler cars at the time. I remember lots of Fords, GM's (Opel) and of course Mercedes and every other european car imaginable but not any Chrysler's. Looks like Chrysler found a place to unload their crappy cars.

orconn
04-01-10, 11:13 PM
^^^ Yeah, and worth about what Greece will actually pay for them. Or even better Germany will end up paying for Chryslers twice!

Aron9000
04-01-10, 11:49 PM
So is it just the government vehicles will only be Chrysler? Or does the whole country have to eat that shit sandwich and Chrysler will be the only new cars available?

I~LUV~Caddys8792
04-02-10, 12:06 AM
It's not new Chryslers, but rather only recycled K Cars.

itschrome
04-02-10, 12:15 AM
It's not new Chryslers, but rather only recycled K Cars.

Leave K cars alone!!! they were great little POS's

RightTurn
04-02-10, 12:15 AM
You mean this was not an April fool's post?? :wtf:

Jesda
04-02-10, 12:19 AM
I remember that Turbo K-car wagon with the fake wood panels I almost bought for $900. Would have been epic.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
04-02-10, 12:22 AM
Leave K cars alone!!! they were great little POS's

The POS that saved their ass.

I remember that Turbo K-car wagon with the fake wood panels I almost bought for $900. Would have been epic.

Ducky would have had quite the fitting garage-mate!

The Tony Show
04-02-10, 12:34 AM
If Russia invaded Turkey from the rear, do you guys think Greece would help?

RightTurn
04-02-10, 12:45 AM
:rimshot:

orconn
04-02-10, 10:24 AM
Happy April Fools Day!