: 04 & 08 CTS Owner with an Escalade Question...

Michael 514
03-31-10, 11:20 PM
Hi guys!

I've been checking out the SRX's to add to my 'fleet' of Caddies. I like to buy my vehicles slightly used, because the savings is usually astronomical.

In any case, after checking the classifieds for a 2010 demo SRX, I thought that perhaps I'd get an Escalade instead.

Looking online, correct me if I am wrong, but are the 07's and 08's really extremely similar to the 2010's?

They pretty much look identical.

I know that aside from the shark-fin antenna (which can be changed), my 2008 CTS looks IDENTICAL to the 2010 CTS. (And even has a few more features that have been deleted)

Is it the same with an 07 Escalade? I'm looking at the regular one, not the ESV or EXT.

From the looks of it, with a 12 good hours of waxing and polishing, from what I see, a 2007 Escalade looks pretty good to me, and boy are the prices reasonable!

I don't expect anyone here to do my homework, but if someone can please just pipe in with a "Don't get anything before a 2009!!" or "Go for the 2007!" or "the changes are huge, do NOT get anything before a 2008", well that will definitely help me move forward.

I typically do not like big trucks (I'm a volunteer paramedic and we have an Excursion), but I think the Escalade is one of the hottest cars ever made.

I'd keep my 2008 CTS, of course. My girlfriend will drive that. We also have a convertible Trans Am and a Solstice. Summer only.

Any advice will be welcome.

Thanks!

Big Windy Ext
04-01-10, 05:59 AM
You can't go wrong with any year . They did eliminate some features for 2010 , but you aren't looking at 10s. The only big feature problem is bluetooth is only standard on 09/10s . You can put in a VCIM and lose onstar but get factory bluetooth . GM won't allow the sale of the VCIM so you have to flea bay it.

LITTLEELVISDAN
04-01-10, 07:45 AM
Mike,

I have a STS-V and decided to add an Escalade to my garage last month. Try looking for a 09 if you can afford it. They darkened up the light interiors slightly and, as stated, added bluttooth. Its a feature that my V had and i wont do without. If you have a friend on the inside you should be able to get one right at $50k with 25k miles on it.

hcvone
04-01-10, 08:22 AM
I have had several 07's, I have an 08' 09' and just got a 2010, they are all equipped the same, and the 2010 is the best so far even without the rain sense wipers, there in just about zero interior noise compared to all my other Escalade's, I find myself driving around without the sound system on, and even on the days where the wind was blowing 40 mph there was no noise. The USB port for iPod/iPhone works great, bluetooth seems even better than my 09' (clearer) Any year is good, the best car/truck I have ever owned was my last 07' Escalade that was traded for the 10', it went thru snow over hood deep several times, never so much as a check engine light, it only took 300 miles to get a check engine light on my 2010, that was just a defective gas cap, but did require a dealer visit, something my last 07' 08' and 09' never saw, that was a trip to the dealer for any type of warranty work.

corvette00
04-01-10, 10:11 AM
I may be picking up a 2010 today, I am having a hard time parting with my 07 1SG STS. I have never owned a large SUV. How's the gas mileage on 2010? Like Michael, my wife drives an 08 CTS and I have a Vette convertible.

K9Caddy
04-01-10, 11:34 AM
If your looking for gas mileage, don't bother... the Escalade is about power and size. SRX might be better if your worried about using fuel. I average about 14 mpg with my 2009. However, I also like to take advantage of the engine a LOT.;)

corvette00
04-01-10, 12:16 PM
I am not that concerned about fuel, I only average 15 with my STS. I was just wondering what to expect.

CadX6
04-01-10, 01:20 PM
My 2009 rides significantly better than my 2007 did, thanks to Magnetic Ride Control.........

producerman
04-01-10, 01:24 PM
My 2008 regular lade is way worse on fuel than my 2006 ESV - I do not have exact numbers but it is really noticeable how different the mileage is - not sure why - but like the OP you are not buying these for the gas mileage. My 08 is loaded - stock - and really sound meaner than my 06. What ever you are buying just make sure and check that all bulletins, recalls and so on have been addresses with what you are buying.
The one big thing I have found with a few that there was a USA bulletin I believe is on the OEM 22' chrome rims. I live in Canada and mine are oxydized very badly and I saw a bulletin someone posted here that Caddy was giving NEW RIMS for this problem but I GM Dealer said only in USA.
Remember you are also entitled to one free NAV DVD upgrade with all factory NAV systems - thank god I read about it here as I was going to pay the dealer over $300 for one.

Happy riding and shopping.

Producerman

Michael 514
04-05-10, 02:50 PM
Hi guys,

This is great info! Thanks very much.

It appears to me after reading most of these posts that, yes, a 2009 would be nice, but from what I understand, I see no compelling reason to "STAY AWAY FROM AN 07/08!"

That's good news.

I'm relatively well-off financially, but I really do like to keep my vehicle purchases in the $39K-$45K range, Canadian. The price of gas doesn't really bug me.

There is one thing I won't compromise on, though, and that's the warranty. I would not buy a car out of the manufacturer's warranty period. As long as it's in warranty, I pay my $30 AllData fee, and read EVERY SINGLE TSB. I learn the car inside and out. So that helps determine my purchase.

I started buying late model used cars relatively recently, and could not be happier.

I bought my 04 CTS in 05, fully loaded, at $32,000. ($50 new)
I bought my 08 CTS in 09, FULLY loaded (minus Nav) for $37,000. ($50+ new)
I bought my 07 Solstice GXP in 2009 (with 5,000 miles!) for $23K (new = $36K+)
I did buy my Trans Am new (and just took it out this weekend - gotta love summer!!!!)
etc

So, after looking at these 2010 SRX demos at $45,000 all over the place... The Escalade bug just hit me!

I just have to do some research and find out when the next redesign is.

I still can't believe how my 2008 CTS is IDENTICAL to the 2010 CTSs!

Fun stuff!

Thanks again for your help!

dsteinmann
04-05-10, 04:25 PM
2014 is the next redisign. Im looking to sell my Escalade and get a CTS
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260577597572&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT