: Its official, cadillacs are junk!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VIPERRACING
03-31-10, 08:36 PM
Well its official Cadillacs are junk and thats coming from a guy that buys these pieces of craps brand new and currently still own a 99 sts & 06 dts which were purchased new by me. I have over $100k into these oil blowing pieces of crap and will never ever buy another Cadillac ever. Damn it, and I wanted to buy an xlr, LOL. Ok, Im done blowing steam now. Damn that felt great to get of my chest.

The Tony Show
03-31-10, 08:43 PM
http://cdn3.knowyourmeme.com/i/23060/original/CoolStoryBro.jpg

hueterm
03-31-10, 08:55 PM
Let me guess -- post count = 1....

hueterm
03-31-10, 08:56 PM
Damn, 39......well, close enough....

Ranger
03-31-10, 10:03 PM
Buy a Yota.

VIPERRACING
03-31-10, 10:22 PM
Buy a Yota.

I already have one, well its a lexus which is the same and I havent had 1 issue with it, and guess what?........the oil stays on the dip stick which I expect out of a $50,000 dollar car let alone a $500 car unlike this general motors junk.

Ranger
03-31-10, 10:53 PM
Oil doesn't wear out. The additives do. So what do you have against adding a fresh quart now and then? Using a little oil just guarantees that it will never need a ring job.

hueterm
03-31-10, 11:03 PM
And it pushes your oil changes out.

95caddykid
04-01-10, 12:23 AM
the brake peddle works well to. plus everyone and there mom has a toyota how boring is that

ThumperPup
04-01-10, 12:35 AM
and you can even pick up a hybrid in a big fat ass escalade what cant you in that

oh and the yota well the lexus might ass well go and buy a clown car
you know when yotas and other imports first came over ot the U.S with those slanted headlights and front ends the curved they where loughing at us thats why they send them over to us and sold us the slanted headlight yotas before even selling them in japan

Skiller.
04-01-10, 01:14 AM
I don't really understand the problems you're having with the Cadillacs.

Destroyer
04-01-10, 01:22 AM
I don't really understand the problems you're having with the Cadillacs.Seems like he doesn't like the fact that they burn oil. i found that out when I had my '98 Deville and had to keep up on it. Little does he know, that is the cheapest problem he could have with these cars...............:histeric:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
04-01-10, 01:39 AM
Whoop de doo! A car that burns oil, now I've heard it all!

If they're such junk, then why'd you buy two of them? Once bitten twice shy?

Skiller.
04-01-10, 10:00 AM
Stop babying them and maybe you wouldn't burn as much!

Ranger
04-01-10, 01:32 PM
Yeah, I fail to see the problem with a little oil usage. Years ago that meant the rings or valve guides where worn and the engine was due for an overhaul. If you read the Technical Archives and understand oil consumption on the Northstar, you'll realize it is not a bad thing. It just carries that old image. I felt the same way when I had my first one and saw the oil usage until I learned better.

VIPERRACING
04-01-10, 02:01 PM
You guys must be living in lala land if you think having to add oil all time to a new car is normal because its not and its Gm's fault for not taking care of a known problem. You guys also have got to be kidding yourselves if you think that the northstar is a great motor because its the biggest pyle of shit that gm has produced and they continue to laugh all the way to the bank because we keep buying them thinking that they fixed the problem when they dont even attempt to fix the problem. Look I try my best to stay loyal to gm but when you have to tear a engine down with only 70K miles on it for a bullshit head gasket job do to their non engineering asses then you cant be serious on how great these cars are and everyone talks about how expensive a foriegn car is to service, LOL at least you can go 200K before any major service is needed(engine tear down). For god sakes if I wanted to keep adding oil I would have just bought a 2 stroke motor. Better yet if someone wants a great deal on a 1999 STS Diamond White, 1 owner, immaculate all options or a 06 DTS pearl white with 15k miles, 1 owner also immaculate both needing nothing but a quart of oil every fuel stop then call me. Hell Ill even sell my 08 escalade. As soon as either of these cars sell Ill be going back to BMW's.

Skiller.
04-01-10, 02:08 PM
Oil consumption in this motor is NOT a problem, that's the thing. Think of the performance you're getting... I bet you continuously top the oil off to the 'MAX' line. That will promote oil usage. You want to keep it half way between 'ADD' and 'MAX'..........

limoguy
04-01-10, 05:10 PM
Well..Not sure I agree about all of them being being crap. I got over 300K out of my 98 Deville. Sold it the other day. Just didnt want to start fixing stuff at this stage of the game. Original engine, Trany, alternator, starter. I did replace the A/C a couple years ago. The rear electronic suspension system sucks. That went out and I never fixxed it. Way to expensive! Pretty good car though. One thing for sure, parts for Cadillac are expensive.

VIPERRACING
04-01-10, 05:30 PM
Oil consumption in this motor is NOT a problem, that's the thing. Think of the performance you're getting... I bet you continuously top the oil off to the 'MAX' line. That will promote oil usage. You want to keep it half way between 'ADD' and 'MAX'..........

Ya I tried that also and when I checked it not even 50 miles later there was no oil what so ever on the dipstick. Im just done with these cars. Im sticking with bimmers and lexus. I just think that its rediculous that we have to make sure that there is still oil in the motor at ever fuel stop(well at least for me I do because apperantly the damn thing will run dry if I dont). I know you all keep saying that it needs to be driven hard but god damn these cars arent race cars and if you keep beating the shit out of them then you will have to replace the trans in it also. I have a viper and new z06 for going fast. My caddy is supposed to be my cruising cars.

STSS
04-01-10, 05:42 PM
If you are losing 1.5 quarts in less than 50 miles, you either have a smoke screen behind you from burning that much oil or you have one hell of a leak. I dont even know if the engine would continue to run if you're burning 1.5 quarts per 50 miles.

Where are you located?

Skiller.
04-01-10, 06:13 PM
Ya I tried that also and when I checked it not even 50 miles later there was no oil what so ever on the dipstick. Im just done with these cars. Im sticking with bimmers and lexus. I just think that its rediculous that we have to make sure that there is still oil in the motor at ever fuel stop(well at least for me I do because apperantly the damn thing will run dry if I dont). I know you all keep saying that it needs to be driven hard but god damn these cars arent race cars and if you keep beating the shit out of them then you will have to replace the trans in it also. I have a viper and new z06 for going fast. My caddy is supposed to be my cruising cars.

Doubt it!

Something is definitely wrong if you're losing that much oil in that short a period of time...

eyekandyboats.inc
04-01-10, 07:09 PM
you have a viper and z06, and yet you own a 4000 dollar cadillac
and trannies going out? then better not drive your viper to quick or the tranny might go out on that. :histeric::histeric:

VIPERRACING
04-01-10, 07:56 PM
you have a viper and z06, and yet you own a 4000 dollar cadillac
and trannies going out? then better not drive your viper to quick or the tranny might go out on that. :histeric::histeric:

No. unlike you I buy all my cars NEW. So please let me know where I can find a brand new caddy for $4k. I paid $45K for my Sts back in 99 so please stop talking out of your ass and read the whole post or dont bother posting.

Skiller.
04-01-10, 09:12 PM
If you can afford brand new cars, why don't you just sell the Cadillacs and buy new ones instead of complaining about oil usage...?

You shouldn't be posting this here anyways.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
04-01-10, 09:22 PM
Oh, I see you mentioned BMW. Have fun with those when they need parts and service. You'll practically break the speed of sound when you come running back to Cadillac!

gary88
04-01-10, 09:36 PM
No. unlike you I buy all my cars NEW. So please let me know where I can find a brand new caddy for $4k. I paid $45K for my Sts back in 99 so please stop talking out of your ass and read the whole post or dont bother posting.

Damn. I wish I could e-ball as hard as you :(

ejguillot
04-01-10, 09:41 PM
Oh, I see you mentioned BMW. Have fun with those when they need parts and service. You'll practically break the speed of sound when you come running back to Cadillac!

True. Even Volkswagen parts will make Cadillac look inexpensive to maintain!

I think the OP's a troll...

the recluse
04-01-10, 10:16 PM
Let's see.... STS, DTS, Escalade, Viper, Z06...:holycrap:

Loves to hear the sound of his own wallet. :suspect:

What next, the house in the Hampton's and chateau in Aspen?

:tsucks:

Skiller.
04-01-10, 10:47 PM
Agreed.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
04-01-10, 11:15 PM
I think the OP's a troll...

Yep, and I think a ban is in order.

Let's see.... STS, DTS, Escalade, Viper, Z06...:holycrap:

Loves to hear the sound of his own wallet. :suspect:

What next, the house in the Hampton's and chateau in Aspen?

Uhh...how's that song go?

New car, caviar, four star daydream,
Think I'll buy me a football team.

Money, get back.
I'm all right Jack keep your hands off of my stack.
Money, it's a hit.
Don't give me that do goody good bullshit.
I'm in the high fidelity first-class travelling set
And I think I need a Lear jet

Destroyer
04-01-10, 11:45 PM
Whoop de doo! A car that burns oil, now I've heard it all!

If they're such junk, then why'd you buy two of them? Once bitten twice shy?
I bought the '99 Eldorado cause it was $700 and doesn't have the H/G issue. It just came my way and I could care less if it blows up. Hell a few weeks of driving it justifies the price. I didn't go looking for it, it found me. :)

Destroyer
04-01-10, 11:58 PM
Oil consumption in this motor is NOT a problem, that's the thing. Think of the performance you're getting... Performance and oil consumption are not 1 in the same. I have had several cars with better performance that didn't burn oil and those were in high performance cars. It's much worse in a supposed "luxury car". It is no "luxury" having to top off the oil every few hundred miles. If I paid $45k for a new one and had this problem I'd be every bit but as upset about this as he is. I'm already having the problem with my '99 Eldo and had it with my '98 Deville. Make no mistake, it is a problem and not a good thing. For what I paid for my '99 Eldo, I don't care. I'll gladly pay to maintain it till it dies. :thumbsup:

RightTurn
04-02-10, 01:08 AM
Performance and oil consumption are not 1 in the same. I have had several cars with better performance that didn't burn oil and those were in high performance cars. It's much worse in a supposed "luxury car". It is no "luxury" having to top off the oil every few hundred miles. If I paid $45k for a new one and had this problem I'd be every bit but as upset about this as he is.

Agree. Why is everyone ganging up on the OP, who obviously is just venting his frustration? Geesh.

cl1986
04-02-10, 01:12 AM
Ill give you $1000 for the STS, where do i pick it up at?

Jesda
04-02-10, 02:45 AM
When you make a new thread, ask yourself, "What is my intent? What is my message or main idea? What will my audience gain from it? What do I want to achieve?"

http://dghost.info:89/images/25080183dale.jpg

I hope your next vehicle is more satisfying to own.

ewill3rd
04-02-10, 09:29 AM
:~blah::horse::jerkit::postwhore3::pms::whatever: :lame: :pir8::protest::gg::bs:

Sell them and go buy a "good" car.

Move along... nothing to see here.

Skiller.
04-02-10, 10:23 AM
Ill give you $1000 for the STS, where do i pick it up at?

lol ;d

VIPERRACING
04-02-10, 12:09 PM
:~blah::horse::jerkit::postwhore3::pms::whatever: :lame: :pir8::protest::gg::bs:

Sell them and go buy a "good" car.

Move along... nothing to see here.

Why, are you affraid that the truth about these junk motors will hurt sales at your dealership? Give me a break about how good these cars are because there not. I tried for years to justify buying these because I wanted to keep my money with an american company but Im just fed up with getting the run around from GM after spending this money and they say nothing is wrong. For god Sakes my new DTS sounds like its has a rod knock on cold starts and they said that is normal, LOL, what a joke. Or I guess the Joke is on all of us the buy these new.

Look guys, Im for sure that the most of you have bought your cars used and at a great low price but you have to wonder why a $50,000 car loses so much value if it is so good. If I was buying my cars used for next to nothing then maybe I would care a little less like most of you that has posted rudely but thats not my case. I was really wanting a XLR but I have totally changed my mind on it. I also went for a ride in my buddies 08 STS and the entire front end felt like it was going to fall out of it when we turned. I asked him what the hell is wrong with this thing and he replied that Gm said that it was normal and not to worry about it.

Please dont take offense to this thread because all that Im doing is venting at GM BS and not at or anyone on this forum especially Ranger for he has been nothing but helpful to me in many other discussions.

This site is a great cadillac site and by no means was I trying to degrade it.

ltdltc
04-02-10, 01:00 PM
Well its official Cadillacs are junk..... :blah: .

http://j.imagehost.org/0110/1816666813_christakeroto.gif (http://j.imagehost.org/view/0110/1816666813_christakeroto)

eyekandyboats.inc
04-02-10, 01:56 PM
wow thanks for assuming that.

Jesda
04-02-10, 02:56 PM
http://j.imagehost.org/0110/1816666813_christakeroto.gif (http://j.imagehost.org/view/0110/1816666813_christakeroto)

:histeric:

This thread has run its course. Guy was mad, vented, now lets move on.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
04-02-10, 05:06 PM
Well that ended nicely. Surprisingly so.