: Navigation Question--Home Setting

surburban99
03-31-10, 01:10 PM
I have a 2008 Escalade ESV with factory navigation. Does this system have a "Home" destination setting? I cannot find it on the settings.

My 2008 Corvette navigation has a home setting.

Funny, I thought it had it on it originally. I recently lost my #1 Remote/FOB, and had to purchase and program a new one.

Do not know if the new remote has anything to do with this??

Texas_Lade
03-31-10, 01:18 PM
Be careful in programming your real house number into your navigation and setting it for home. If someone is desperate enough to steal your Escalade they might be inclined to go ahead and steal from your home. They'd have a good idea you weren't there.

hcvone
03-31-10, 03:07 PM
Be careful in programming your real house number into your navigation and setting it for home. If someone is desperate enough to steal your Escalade they might be inclined to go ahead and steal from your home. They'd have a good idea you weren't there.

Very good point, I always use a set starting point near my home but not using my house number and street. :)

itsrixter
04-01-10, 12:25 AM

Keep in mind if this is a concern for you then you should also scratch out your address on your truck registration and insurance card that almost everyone keeps in the glovebox. I haven't heard of any stories of anyone being so bold to steal a truck then go to the owners home to rob it also but they do have your homelink garage opener, so who knows.

Texas_Lade
04-01-10, 12:30 AM
Keep in mind if this is a concern for you then you should also scratch out your address on your truck registration and insurance card that almost everyone keeps in the glovebox. I haven't heard of any stories of anyone being so bold to steal a truck then go to the owners home to it also but they do have the homelink garage opener so who knows.

No I would never put my insurance in my glove box. Do not have a registration card in Texas. In fact I don't keep anything with my name on it in my vehicles. Information like that is gold to a thief. Yes, this has happened before. Read about a string of robberies in Houston that were exactly like this.

hcvone
04-01-10, 07:30 AM
Keep in mind if this is a concern for you then you should also scratch out your address on your truck registration and insurance card that almost everyone keeps in the glovebox. I haven't heard of any stories of anyone being so bold to steal a truck then go to the owners home to rob it also but they do have your homelink garage opener, so who knows.

There was just something on this in the WSJ, theifs were stealing cars with nav and portable nav units during football, basketball, hockey and baseball games right from the parking lots and going to homes while the owners were at sporting events, can't be too careful.

LV_ESC
04-06-10, 12:28 PM
My "HOME" location is stored in my address book and as a Favorite (one push)destination, it just isn't labeled "HOME". It looks like one of many addresses.