: help! 2500 rpm idle

CadiJeff
08-20-04, 10:52 PM
What would the problem be? all I did was check the amount of carbon build up on the throttle and now it idles b/w 2000 and 2500 rpms.
HELP!

THANKS

Ranger
08-21-04, 11:21 AM
Did you leave something unpluged (ISC, TPS, IAT)? Is the throttle plate hanging up (linkage, carbon in the bore or on the pivot)? It is obviously self inflicted. Retrace your steps and you'll likely find the problem.

jgr7
08-22-04, 02:17 PM
Sounds like you might have dislodged a vacum line, check your work.
Jeff

ShadowLvr400
08-22-04, 03:00 PM
You have a leak somewhere AFTER the MAF. Not a major one, but one nonetheless. Something you may try, is take a spray bottle of soapy water, and lightly mist the engine around and on the intake manifold while the motor's on. Any air leaking should make more bubbles and be noticeable. If not, you may also want to check your MAF for issues itself.

I sorta blew open the release valve in the manifold once... and ejected my MAF past the air filter once. The engine would start, but idled at 6k.... Hehe Nitrous backfire.

Ranger
08-22-04, 09:01 PM
Soapy water will bubble if it is a pressure leak. A leak around the manifold will be vacuum and not likely bubble though it may change the idle as it seals the leak momentarily.

ShadowLvr400
08-22-04, 09:20 PM
Truue, but should also still be noticeable change when you hit certain spots. But yea, you're right.

CadiJeff
08-24-04, 12:19 AM
Thanks everyone, the problem is now fixed. It turned out to be the ISC actuator, it was completely frozen. Replaced it and now good to go!
Thanks again
Jeff