: I'm in

CPVee
03-30-10, 05:35 PM
For the first time in 31 years my primary driver is an American car. This forum got me over the line. I have already ordered the springs from D3 and the pulley, heat exchanger, thermostat, programmer, exhaust and cold air induction kit from Jesse. (Jesse doesn't like the lowering kit; sees no value in it. I love the LOOK) Thanks for all of the great posts and especially the pictures. I've learned a lot.

V4MEINSANDIEGO, watch for me in San Diego. I have a new 2010 black V automatic. Would love to hear more about your experiences. Please send me a private message with your phone number if you would be willing to talk. Your mailbox is full. :)

wfo
03-30-10, 05:56 PM
Jesse who? Then Jesse doesn't like a car that looks right. (Maybe he's developing a spring set too and wants you to buy it later on down the road.)

Come now, thses cars sit way too high for pete's sake.

It's not about enhancing performance so much as it is about aesthetics and making this V beast looks it absolute best out on the streets, in front of a resturant, pulling up to your favorite coffee shop or your office for that matter. The lower won't hurt the car it only makes it purdy'r.

The car doesn't look it's best until it's been lowered.

CadV
03-30-10, 06:49 PM
I am not a big fan of dropping the car either. Getting some 20's does improve the look without hassling with suspension. I have had Vettes and do not care for the rough ride anymore. I will take a little higher for a smoother ride.

cbloveday
03-30-10, 10:50 PM
My V is my Primary driver and need clearance for snow fall here in Chicago. Subsequently, will not be lowering this car,

thebigjimsho
03-31-10, 12:01 AM
Jesse who? Then Jesse doesn't like a car that looks right. (Maybe he's developing a spring set too and wants you to buy it later on down the road.)

It's not about enhancing performance so much as it is about aesthetics and making this V beast looks it absolute best out on the streets, in front of a resturant, pulling up to your favorite coffee shop or your office for that matter. The lower won't hurt the car it only makes it purdy'r.

Well, at least you have conviction... :rolleyes:

IBNR
03-31-10, 12:35 AM
My E500 was lowered by a prior owner. Complete PITA. I'm done with that, and the V stays as the good folks at LGA built it.

thebigjimsho
05-28-10, 07:40 PM

Well, at least you have conviction... :rolleyes:another hmm...

MReiland
05-28-10, 08:24 PM
my e500 was lowered by a prior owner. Complete pita. I'm done with that, and the v stays as the good folks at lga built it. lgr;)

haterinc
05-28-10, 10:13 PM
I knew wfo would lose sleep over someone not liking lowering springs lol ;)

Jesse said they throw off the factory tuned suspension and it won't launch right if you care about drag racing or road courses... If you don't though or are willing to sacrifice then its irrelevant obviously

IBNR
05-29-10, 02:10 AM
MReiland, I assume you'd know! :) LGR it is; still good folks in my book, and I still have no interest in lowering springs after ~2 months and ~2,000 (s)miles.

(BTW, shows what I get for relying on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lansing_Grand_River_Assembly)

mugatu22
05-29-10, 02:35 AM
The last car I lowered, I swore I'd never drop another car again. Rough ride, scraping the nose & rear of the car all over the place, plus it makes the car look "gangster," which is fine if your ego demands it, but for everyone else it can give off a bad vibe.

Pulling up in front of a restaurant, I could care less whether my car is dropped or not...I want to be comfortable, and look professional. Dropped cars look hood-rat to me but to each his own.

MReiland
05-29-10, 07:07 AM
(BTW, shows what I get for relying on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lansing_Grand_River_Assembly)

Thats Funny, usually the A is 'silent' but I guess not in all the references so your cars could be built at LGR, LGA, or LGRA :highfive:

IBNR
05-29-10, 04:14 PM
Well, like I said...one relies on Wonkypedia at one's own risk.

BTW, "LGRA" would make a very cool personalized license plate for this car....

HEDP-V
06-05-10, 02:21 AM
LGA?? I thought LGA stood for LaGuardia Airport in NYC. Or as we New Yorkers call it" Little Gay Airport."

Titaniumseeker
06-05-10, 09:09 AM
Everyone has their own opinions as to how they'd like their vehicle to look dropped (lowered) or not. If done correctly a lowered vehicle will esthetically look good and in some instances achieve improved performance. Now a "Slammed" vehicle does look less appealing or as some would like to coin the term "ghetto" for lack of a better negative description. It's all a matter of taste. Not everyone will like how you've modified your vehicle but the bottom line is, it is Your Vehicle. And modding carries a the purpose of either to individualize your vehicle or improve performance. To each his own and happy modding.

IBNR
06-05-10, 12:56 PM
^^^^

True that. And well said!