: Gotta love flying under the radar

M5eatr
03-29-10, 11:19 PM
I know I will catch some crap from this post, but use the information to your advantage if found in a similar situation. Oh and this account is totally made up.. a complete figment of mine and your imagination.

I was driving home at night and the kids in their car seats wanted to take a "short cut" which means to stay off the parkway. So the kids also like the sound of the engine and will tell me "let's hear the engine." They just like to feel the acceleration and the feeling of being pushed back in their seats (like father like daughters). Well I let a nice 1st gear acceleration go while on a nice deserted stretch of road from a stop sign. The tires spun a bit, nothing too crazy and got off it at about 30-35. I continued travelling a bit, totally at the 30-35 speed limit, when I see an unmarked car with only their headlights blinking chasing me down. I played a bit dumb and just slowed and motioned for him to go around. Nope he wanted me to pull over. Oh crap I thought. I knew I had to play this cool and use all my get out of jail free cards and had them ready when he came up to the window. He was looking the car over on the side, then front and back. He was a farily young cop, (20's-30's) and said to me "I'm sorry sir, but I think I pulled over the wrong car. I saw a black car about 2 miles back doing a burnout and it must have turned off." He is looking in the back seats, with the girls and again says, "Yeah I got to have the wrong car." Again he looks the car over and then says "Listen, I'm not going to give you a ticket, but was it you who did the burnout?" I reply, no I don't think so. He then says, "what do you mean you don't think so?" I then say, "Well it's a Cadillac and I don't think I could have spun the tires, I mean if it was wet maybe but it seems dry out."

Convinced and sure he then says "Yeah I definetly got the wrong car you are free to go sir." I pull out slowly and thank God that my kids didn't say anything that would have threw me under the bus.

Meanwhile I was smelling the faint odor of burnt rubber and wondered how he didn't. Thanks Cadillac for building such an awesome car.

Then I woke up and it was all a dream......

cbloveday
03-29-10, 11:52 PM
Wtf?

surgin
03-29-10, 11:58 PM
good story

garfin
03-30-10, 09:27 AM
Good stuff! I'm gonna go out and buy a couple of child seats to bolt into the back seat!:devilheh:

Best regards,

Elie

6speeder
03-30-10, 09:41 AM
Good stuff. I carry a Fedora which I will put on when (not if) I get pulled over. That, and my gray hair should work. Every one who knows me says I will never grow up. :lildevil:

JFJr
03-30-10, 09:50 AM
Ha Haa! If someone had told me 7 years ago that Cadillac was going to build world class high performance sport sedans (with manual transmissions) to compete successfully with all the foreign in-house "tuner" sedans, I would have thought he was crazy! My "V's" always make me smile knowing that I'm getting so much performance and luxury in a low profile package for $25,000-30,000 less than the competition.

Jud

Gotham CTS-V
03-30-10, 12:31 PM
I have the exact opposite story.

I got pulled over yesterday. Was accelerating up a big hill and as I reached the top my Valentine1's Ka band went nuts. I immediately slammed the brakes. Saw him sitting on the side. I passed by hoping he didn't catch me. Nope, lights turn on and he pulls me over.

He asks me why he pulled me over. Obviously "I don't know officer. I was going downhill, it's really steep so maybe I went a little over the speed limit. If I did, I'm really sorry." Officer goes "...why do you have to lie? Can't you just say 'sorry officer, I was hauling ass in my 560hp monster'? You got any work to it? I could hear the blower as you were coming up the hill"

We had a little convo and after he checked out the car and had me rev it, he let me go and just said to be careful because theres a lot of cops in this spot with laser.

Apparently this guy knew exactly what my car was but respected it enough to let me go lol. Not the first time either. I've gotten this twice with the V and a bunch of times with my Z06. Cops loved the Z06. They would urge me to "kill the ricers" at the late night street racing meets. I think it's the American theme. Cops never showed any pity when I was driving in a Euro car.

The 1 time that I did blend in though was racing a C63 on the highway (in mexico). After passing the cop at about 130mph, he came out after the both of us. I slipped into traffic that was up ahead and just tried blending in. He sped up to where I was, paced at the same speed, then flew past to try and catch the C. It definitely does have a steal presence, although the big grill, hood bulge, and V badges are an obvious sign for those in the know.

neuronbob
03-30-10, 01:15 PM
Great story M5eatr! ROFLMAO....

My car is silver, so it looks even more the part of a sleeper. :)

M5eatr
03-30-10, 01:49 PM
Yeah I got pretty lucky though. I truly had the notion that if my friends on the force couldn't help me this guy could possibly have called child protective services. NY has gotten so liberal lately it's pathetic. I know for sure if I was in a Porsche, M, or AMG, the story would have been different. My wife would have killed me as she is the one who's scared to ride with me, but my daughters are always in the car seats with me.

WOW, I just had another dream sequence......must be horsepower induced blackout.......

M5eatr
03-30-10, 01:57 PM
Garfin, yep, the car seats will complete the image of "sleeper."

JFJr, I had the 04 V and that was more of a hot rod. Fun to drive, nice acceleration, but it had it's quirks. But not enough to make me leave the brand, especially since the new V is so much more improved.

6speeder, if I was to put a fedora on, driving a black caddilac, in NY, the way I look, they would pull me over and they would try to build a RICO case against me in addition to any traffic infraction. LOL.

AlBundy
03-30-10, 03:46 PM
Must be nice.

dvandentop
03-30-10, 05:36 PM
great story :D

chopmeat
03-31-10, 02:00 AM
Great Stories!
Listen here...
I was on the parkway near my house alone in my V.
Some ricer with a Mega Wing spoiler kept coming after me and up my butt.
He bothered me so much that I finally got completely pissed off and gunned it so bad that everyone around me disappeared...
I freaked because it happened so quick!
At that point I see red, white and blue flashing lights far behind me.
I knew I was dead.
He'll take the car and put me in jail.
I slowed down and went from the fast lane into the slow lane.
The dude pulls up in along side and says" Your car is awesome!"
HOLY SH*T!
I just kept saying HOLY SH*T YOU SCARED THE HELL OUT OF ME!!!
He says again, "Your car is so awesome!
Again I say, HOLY SH*T YOU SCARED THE HELL OUT OF ME!!!

He smiled and just drove away with a thumbs up!????!!!

Vlakaz
03-31-10, 02:55 AM
Great Stories!
Listen here...
I was on the parkway near my house alone in my V.
Some ricer with a Mega Wing spoiler kept coming after me and up my butt.
He bothered me so much that I finally got completely pissed off and gunned it so bad that everyone around me disappeared...
I freaked because it happened so quick!
At that point I see red, white and blue flashing lights far behind me.
I knew I was dead.
He'll take the car and put me in jail.
I slowed down and went from the fast lane into the slow lane.
The dude pulls up in along side and says" Your car is awesome!"
HOLY SH*T!
I just kept saying HOLY SH*T YOU SCARED THE HELL OUT OF ME!!!
He says again, "Your car is so awesome!
Again I say, HOLY SH*T YOU SCARED THE HELL OUT OF ME!!!

He smiled and just drove away with a thumbs up!????!!!

lol amazing! you sure it was a cop or a tow truck with its lights flashing?

I can never imagine running into a cop like that... very lucky.

chopmeat
03-31-10, 01:27 PM
The car was unmarked and I just think it was a guy that had illegal lights.
But he really scared the sh*t out of me!!!!!!!

tony tone
04-01-10, 01:38 PM
my baby on board sign and 2 car seats help a bit.

eqsasukei
04-23-10, 02:32 AM
lololol. Awesome story. Im sure I will get pulled over soon in my V. I was driving my evo one night and a sobriety checkpoint was out the cop shined his light in the car and was like I bet this ****er will fly and he said one day Im off I will have to get you to take me for a ride...
I was like....ok... thanks officer.
Some cops are crazy. I could actually imagine a real cop saying "You car is ****ing awesome" around here.
Craving for donuts anyone?