: Staggered offset

Tony2
03-29-10, 01:30 PM
Hello All,

I am curious, with the factory wheels being a +31 offset most have been sticking to aftermarket wheels with a +30 offset all the way around. Now on the 07ís and up the rear wheel/tires seem to be tucked in a little bit compared to the front and I have actually heard a few mention they get rubbing in the rear insides on high speed corners, going into driveways, or when loaded up with the +30 and larger tires such as a 305. I have not gone out and measured it but have any of you thought about when ordering your wheels to go with say a +15 offset in the rear and the +30 in the front? This would eliminate the rubbing on the inside rears as well as line up the spacing from the fenders giving it a more symmetrical look.

If I recall properly I believe Carl (hcvone) said he had different offsets on a set of his wheels and has ZERO rubbing issues? Even though his wheels were custom made and we may not be able to get the same offset any idea what those offsets were?

Any other thoughts or insight??

Tony2

hcvone
03-29-10, 02:15 PM
Hi Tony, I have several sets of 24's and 26's made by different manufacturers and they are a different offset front to rear, when I asked about making the wheels so they could be used front to rear I was told they would stick out too far. You have to watch when ordering wheels because many places sell the same wheel for the 02's to the 06's as they sell for the 07' and up, and we all know there is a different offset between the two series of trucks

Tony2
03-29-10, 02:30 PM
Hi Carl,

You are speedy today!! Yes that is what I was thinking with the different offset from front to rear and looking for more of the correct stance from front to rear and eliminating/minimizing any rubbing issues. The lack of being able to rotate from front to rear is the downside though minor compared to the benefits it could offer.

Is there any way for you to find out what the offsets the manufactures you used did on your wheels? It could be a huge benefit to the other members.

Thanks,

Tony

hcvone
03-29-10, 04:12 PM
Should not be a problem, we are away and may take me until later next week to get an answer. :)

Tony2
04-17-10, 04:38 PM
Should not be a problem, we are away and may take me until later next week to get an answer. :)

Carl,

Did you ever get a chance to check out what the offsets were on your wheels?

Thanks,

Tony