: New Escalade owner DVD lockout & more ??

yamaguy
03-29-10, 10:45 AM
It looks like this is the place to get ? answered!! I recently traded my loaded up 2007 Sub 2500 4X4 6.0ltr for a 2008 Escalade. Someone on the list must know what mud flaps work OK with the power boards.?? Also what is the right lockout system so the DVD, Nav works while driving?? Will it give me somewhere to plug in an I-pod?? The Escalade is close to 60k miles and will soon be off wrnty. Anything need to be checked or done?? Buy extended or just run the 100k driveline?? Any custom center console stuff?? NO STORAGE in the stock one!! Thanks to anyone and everyone who has some info for me.

dixit
03-29-10, 01:02 PM
You got alot of questions on here.

The factory mud flaps work fine with the power running boards, you just need to adjust your running boards back just a bit. By back I mean moving the boards further towards the back tire so they not so close up the front tire side. Just minor adjustments, there are threads on here of people who have stock mudflaps on power running boards. I personally dont like the mud flaps on the escalade, they just dont look right to me.

As far as warranty, if its close to 60k, meaning you above 50k, you already out of factory warranty. Factory is 4yr 50k. Getting extended warranty now is going to cost extra since its over the factory warranty already.

Not sure what you mean center console has no storage, I think its alot, you got the top portion that is about 3" deep and big enough to fit alot of odds and ends. Then lift that and you got at lesat about 8-10" deep more storage. Can fit loads of stuff in there, not sure what you looking to store in there.

As far as DVD lockout, you probably going to want a lockpick device, few companies make them, I suggest you search and find the one that suits your needs. Most of them have iPod connectivity for additional cost.

Dixit

yamaguy
03-29-10, 02:34 PM
Thanks for some input!! I agree about the looks but in SD we need a little better protection from the roads, especially on a black ESV.

My 2007 Sub had a way better center layout. The two part stacked storage on the ESV is not nearly as useable as the single larger Sub one was. The Sub also had a 6X8 tray area in front of the drink holders, way handier than the ashtray on the Cadi.

Any idea on who offers a lockout and whhich one has a good track record??

Thanks

dixit
03-29-10, 02:52 PM
Thanks for some input!! I agree about the looks but in SD we need a little better protection from the roads, especially on a black ESV.

My 2007 Sub had a way better center layout. The two part stacked storage on the ESV is not nearly as useable as the single larger Sub one was. The Sub also had a 6X8 tray area in front of the drink holders, way handier than the ashtray on the Cadi.

Any idea on who offers a lockout and whhich one has a good track record??

Thanks

Coastal Tech sells lockpics, They are on Gen6 ones now, I have a Gen5 one, some have had issues some havent, these lockpicks if you search are all over the place. Some say works fine, some say its got issues, so hard to say. I got the normal Gen5 lockpick and havent had an issue once (but i dont use an ipod integration).

Dixit