: Dropping by to say hello

90Brougham350
03-28-10, 11:14 PM
Howdy! Haven't been on here in quite a while. I took a second job as a semi trailer mechanic, I work 7am to 10pm most days now. The money's awesome but I'm tired. I miss being around here, lotta changes I'm sure. Ruthie and I are ready to buy a house, we've spent alot of time with our realtor in the last month. A long overdue thanks to all of you for your advice a year ago, telling us to pay off more debt, and save until we were actually comfortable. Selling my '94 Fleetwood was painful but it paid off a credit card and started the ball rolling.

I heard about JD, I feel bad. I talked to him on the phone a few times a while back, I was hoping to see him at the meet this summer.

My '94 Continental is no more. Oil pan rusted through and rather quickly the death knock began. I picked up a '97 Town Car Signature for $1500 as a replacement. It's not a Caddy but it's reliable, large, RWD, and the premium sound is actually rather competent. She's a little dirty here, after about 400 miles into a roadtrip from last September.

http://90brougham350.smugmug.com/Vacation/Vacation-2009/IMG0143/653304713_4YXcC-L.jpg

Anything major happen around here in the last year? Hope everyone is doing well, I'll see some of you at the MN meet in June.

Brian

77CDV
03-29-10, 12:55 AM
Good to hear from you, Brian. Glad things are going well for you and Ruthie. Your TC looks like a nice ride, though having an audio system best described as competant seems like damning with faint praise. :lol: But, for $1500, it's a hell of a buy.

gdwriter
03-29-10, 12:56 AM
Congrats on the house hunting, Brian. Look forward to seeing you at the Minneapolis meet.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-29-10, 01:10 AM
Brian, you should spend less time catching up and saying hello and more time being a regular member. :)

Destroyer
03-29-10, 08:52 AM
Good to see you back man. :thumbsup:

orconn
03-29-10, 02:28 PM
Great time to be looking for a house to buy! Low interest rates and a very soft housing market. My wife is an active realtor and after a recent survey of completed sales here in Chesterfield County, VA the only hosuses that have sold have been those in the $250,000 and below segment .... and then only 14 hoses in that category have sold since January 1st, that is out of 68 homes for sale. I don't know what the market is like in the Minneapolis area, but I would imagine not a lot different. The unemployment rate in Virginia is still considerably below the national rate at 7.6 percent this month up from 6.7% in December 2009. Best of luck with your house hunting!