: 2010 Escalade IPOD USB Connection

bobnatt
03-28-10, 05:18 PM
I just brought home my 2010 Escalade on Friday. There is a USB port in the center console to interface with an IPOD. I have a first generation IPOD (bought it when IPODs just came out in the early 2000's) and when i try to hook it up through the USB port the audio system does not recognize it. I know the system works because my children's older model ipods synch fine. Is there anything i can do (except buy a new IPOD) to make this work? :helpless:

hcvone
03-29-10, 09:06 AM
Is yours an iPod classic model like this one? Mine are about 5 years old and work in my 10'
http://a248.e.akamai.net/7/248/2041/1677/store.apple.com/Catalog/regional/amr/classic/img/product-white-classic.jpg

bobnatt
03-29-10, 09:37 AM
no mine is older than that. my daughter told me to buyt he classic so it is good to know that it works

hcvone
03-29-10, 10:54 AM
Yea I used to have iAudio Mp3 players, but everyone I knew had Apple stuff so 5 years ago I got rid of all my other players and got Apple iPods, the largest at the time was 80 gigs, I am up to 76 gigs on my cars and home iPods, so it looks like another upgrade to Apples 160 gig units at least at my homes, they just keep doing ti so you spend more. :(

Alien
03-29-10, 01:04 PM
The very first ipods for windows were firewire connections... I still have mine I got on the first day they came out...Maybe through the years you got a usb adapter, so that may be why it's not compatible??