: Care to "downsize" to an Audi S5 for a weekend?

GoBlando
03-27-10, 05:16 PM
My wedding is the weekend of 5/16 and we really need an large SUV to move stuff back and forth from North NJ to Central PA. Personally, since it our wedding, I'd prefer a nice one, like one of your Escalades. The rental places want thousands, and my S5 is pretty much useless for the weekend. If you live in the Northern NJ area and would be interested in driving something different for an extended weekend, let me know [W0T-DJT-A1G0] <-- that's a #. Oh, you need to know how to drive stick as well.

PS - I am the outright owner of my car, so if your escalade looks beat, I am not going to be interested in switching with you.

Moderator, if there is a better place for me to post something like this let me know please. Please don't just delete it. This seems like the appropriate place to me.

Rolex
03-27-10, 08:03 PM
:food-snacking:

concorso
03-27-10, 08:44 PM
Nice car! The Nappa leather and the B&O sound system is spectacular, and the exhaust note is intoxicating. Did you get the Drive Select package, i think it was called? The one with the adjustable dampers, steering, and differential? I looked at one, very nice car, but Im absolutely dead set on the V-Coupe.

Good luck with the offer!

evil0ne
03-28-10, 12:50 PM
If I were on the East coast I might be interested, great cars.

beav626
03-28-10, 08:19 PM
If Iwere over there I would let you use my EXT

101mph62
03-28-10, 10:28 PM
:bsflag:

:lock:

Texas_Lade
03-28-10, 10:47 PM
This post cracks me up!

hcvone
03-29-10, 07:56 AM
Rent one, there are several rental companies that rent Escalade's, maybe if you had an R8 there maybe more interest. ;)

TSS
03-29-10, 09:42 AM
Rent a U-Haul and dolly the S5 for use while you are there.

Alien
03-29-10, 12:16 PM
Why would anyone even think of getting in on a deal with a stranger driving your vehicle? Either one could be stolen and the other never seen again... or your set of tires and clutch come back bald... or your Escalade comes back looking like a military Humvee.. after a few off road tumbles..

Spend the money and rent one with no worries...

GoBlando
03-29-10, 06:33 PM
Why would anyone even think of getting in on a deal with a stranger driving your vehicle? Either one could be stolen and the other never seen again... or your set of tires and clutch come back bald... or your Escalade comes back looking like a military Humvee.. after a few off road tumbles..

Spend the money and rent one with no worries...

I see what you are saying, but I wanted to try the free route first. I think that two adults that own nice cars can treat each others with respect...
Not every one treats other peoples' property like garbage, and some even believe in things like moral responsibility (doing the right thing). I didn't post an offer like this on a Ford Expedition board, or even the < '07 escalade board.

Personally, I hate paying ridiculous amounts of a money to a company that is giving me something that could be beat. I have an asset, and thought some one might be interested. Stangers can be crazy, but if I see a middle aged man with a prestine Escalade, I trust that they would treat my car with the same respect.

GoBlando
03-29-10, 06:37 PM
Rent a U-Haul and dolly the S5 for use while you are there.

I appreciate the suggestion, and I will miss my car that weekend, but we need the passenger carrying ability as well. My S5 will not transport the Bridal party *comfortably* the day of the wedding. We didn't feel like spending thousands on limos...