: 07-10 Escalade front signal lenses with led strip

cadmanchris
03-26-10, 07:57 PM
Just noticed on Ebaymotors that they have front fog/signal lenses with an led strip. Does anyone have these and if so, can you post pics of them.

K9Caddy
03-27-10, 04:12 AM
Have a link? I can't seem to locate them...

cadmanchris
03-28-10, 11:26 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-2010-CADILLAC-ESCALADE-EXT-FOG-LIGHTS-LED-08-09-00_W0QQitemZ400110911818QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_ Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item5d2878014a

Merc
03-28-10, 02:17 PM
Those look good.

101mph62
03-28-10, 10:22 PM
im curious to see a pic of these installed

Merc
03-28-10, 11:29 PM
I have never bought anything off of ebay since I have been ripped off by a user on PayPal. Does anyone know where else you could buy these? I cannot tell from the ebay listing.

cadmanchris
03-28-10, 11:56 PM
I'll try to find them elsewhere. I'm considering replacing my front signal lenses because mine are faded from it always being on the highway. I figured that this would be a nice upgrade to enhance my HID fog lamps.

WaterKing
03-29-10, 12:07 PM
The outer driectional lense is clear and without rippled lense so the bulb is clearly visible....The fog is slightly yellow....The led strip must be wired separately but they do provide the pinch connectors. I did get mine off Ebay and they got to me in three days. Dont have my headlights in to compare lights but doubt that would much good because they are the LED's. I am going to change the bulbs in the foglights and directionals to LED as well.

cadmanchris
03-29-10, 02:55 PM
Like your Platinum front! Would you happen to have a pic of the LED strip on in the dark. I like the look of them.

101mph62
03-29-10, 03:37 PM
The outer driectional lense is clear and without rippled lense so the bulb is clearly visible....The fog is slightly yellow....The led strip must be wired separately but they do provide the pinch connectors. I did get mine off Ebay and they got to me in three days. Dont have my headlights in to compare lights but doubt that would much good because they are the LED's. I am going to change the bulbs in the foglights and directionals to LED as well.

interesting, any pics of the led strip when its dark?

also these should fit a regular escalade, correct?

PreachRR
03-29-10, 04:56 PM

Funny thing about your pic.. My lights are flush are yours not flush because of the platinum ed. or is that the way these new lights end up sitting..

LITTLEELVISDAN
03-29-10, 05:54 PM
anyone notice they are marketing to the LED crowd BUT they still put standard bulbs in it? Why not spend the extra $ and have it all led and HID? You can buy a 6" strip of LED's for $10 if that is all you are after.

cadmanchris
03-29-10, 10:05 PM
I'm pretty curious to see them in the dark.

evois
03-30-10, 07:06 AM
shouldn't it light up in daylight too? I like to see and daytime pic as if I want to buy it, will be using it with the DRL only.

WaterKing
03-30-10, 02:06 PM
I will try to get some nighttime pictures in the next couple of days. I haven't decided where to hook the led strips to yet but I can jury rig them to get them to light up. The Front is just put in place to check fit and I have to change the wiring harness for the LED headlights before I can use them. The foglights seem to be the same between platinum and regular Escalades but on the Platinum front the bumper is more squared off and extends more leaving the foglights recessed.

WaterKing
03-30-10, 09:46 PM
Not much of a picture and can't hook up battery until suspensions mods done so no nighttime fog light pictures yet. When I am done with suspension will update pictures. Maybe a week or so.

cadmanchris
03-30-10, 10:00 PM
Me likey.

101mph62
06-02-10, 04:09 PM
Not much of a picture and can't hook up battery until suspensions mods done so no nighttime fog light pictures yet. When I am done with suspension will update pictures. Maybe a week or so.

any new pics?

WaterKing
06-03-10, 12:23 PM
Should be next week. Getting ready to put Platinum front end and wiring back in this week. Having trouble with LED headlight wiring not matching 2007 harness and wheels/tires hitting front fascia stiffeners and lower rear edge of fascia.

q80_Escalade
06-13-10, 04:05 AM
Love that good job man got to have one

WaterKing
06-14-10, 12:38 AM
Color of the fog light is about the same as the stock light. On attached image OEM light is hanging down. Second image shows led on signal light energized with low beam headlight which is how I wired it up. Third image shows Led strip lit with DLR in the dark with flashlight on light sensor on dash. Led strip is only barely visible when lit during the day. Fourth is fog but my camera washes it out. I plan on replacing the bulbs with LED but wanted to show how it looks stock.

101mph62
06-14-10, 12:55 PM
thanks for the pics. Im kinda liking these lights. I wonder how they match stock HID in a 07.

101mph62
06-14-10, 12:56 PM
also do you know where they sell them? They use to be on ebay but I couldnt find them there now.

WaterKing
06-14-10, 09:46 PM
The fogs match the OEM fogs so the color difference between them and Standard HID's is the same as OEM. The company I got mine from via EBAY is Sabersport in Walnut, CA part number GM516-BUWE2. I think they have a store on EBAY. The led strip is not wired as received. Since I wanted mine on with the headlights I spliced/soldered into front harness tan/white stripe wire providing power to the right headlight and used an insulated spade connector right before it makes the turn to go to the headlight, that way it is removable without cutting wires and I did not compromise the integrity of the headlight wire with the supplied pinch connectors . Ran another wire across the front to the left led using another spade connector at that end, all covered with 1/4" tubing protector. Grounded by splicing into the light's fog ground wire.