: Extended Warranty Worth it?

dciliberti
03-26-10, 10:11 AM
My 2007 is the first car I actually purchased. I've leased prior and never run out of warranty. I have 46k miles and wondering if it worth 1500/2000 for an extended warranty. Especially with the 100k drivetrain standard. I'm open to your comments.....

PreachRR
03-26-10, 11:15 AM
I am tired of wrenching and the fact that these bad boy's have all the bells and whistles I would say .. heck yea! Every stupid sensor and toy can be a 300 dollar job to replace.. the more you have the more that can break.. I bought my truck with a warranty and they found out it was certified 100K B2B and canceled the warranty i bought!

cadillacroadside
03-26-10, 11:48 AM
extended warranties are great especially when something big goes down, if you decide not to go with gmpp, interview your prospects with a few of the following questions, if you were to have a repair made can you have it authorized and reimbursed accordingly, the reason i say that is alot of dealers do not take alot of aftermarket warranties on the market, we only accept gmpp, i do not administer or even deal with aftermarket companies

dciliberti
03-26-10, 12:01 PM
Thanks for the responses. What exactally does the 100k drivetrain warranty cover. My thinking is anything big would be drivetrain related........

Big Windy Ext
03-26-10, 08:07 PM
You have alot of other pricey systems that can fail ABS , stability , heat/air , sunroof , and a whole lot more .

PreachRR
03-26-10, 08:41 PM
Engine, trans and axles.. nothing more.. Not even sure about the 4 wheel drive system

cadmanchris
03-26-10, 09:12 PM
Go with GMPP. These aftermarket companies are worthless. But the 100k powertrain warranty would reaaly help if something major goes like the engine or trans.