: Why can't i put in the house # on my Nav System???

still1graphics
03-26-10, 12:27 AM
Hi, im new to this nav. because i just bought this escalade a week ago? When i go to enter a destination sometimes it wont let me put the house # in??? Is there something i'm doing wrong or is this nav. just that bad!!! I've got a $100 garmin that works 10 times better than this thing.... Any help would be greatly appreciated!! :bomb:

Alien
03-26-10, 10:56 AM
Probably has to do with the street level value of the area. Some side streets out in the rural areas aren't even shown on the map as I travel and CT isn't really rural. So addresses aren't listed everywhere either.

So since the map isn't detailed enough, it doesn't let you add an address it doesn't have.

PreachRR
03-26-10, 11:09 AM
What disc are you using.. You may need to get an updated disc.. I just got the latest one and before that I could not use the nav directions because recent on ramps and off ramps were not included on the old disc.. How new is you home?

krieghoff
03-26-10, 11:25 AM
I put a Garmin in my ESV because the GM GPS is the biggest piece of junk.

It is to bad GM couldn't have Garmin build the units for them.

I have 4 GPS's and the GM is the worst by far!:rant2:

buckeyefan007
03-26-10, 01:23 PM
Are you saying the house number is not listed ? The system usually has a number range ie:(1-10000)? and your number does not fall with in the range or you are unable to pick house number? After you enter the street name it should give you a choice between house number or nearest cross intersection? You have to pick house number if that is what you want.
I agree the GM system is lacking in all areas. My 2003 Accord's system is light years ahead of my 07 Lade's, even with the newest disc available.

vfjdesign
03-27-10, 10:25 PM
I totally agree, I hate this thing so much I am thinking of selling my truck. GM has made it nearly impossible to replace the unit with a decent looking aftermarket kit. I am looking into custom but by the time I do all that it may not be worth the $. I wish GM would wake up!

Big Windy Ext
03-30-10, 08:26 AM
I was in a prototype Taurus SHO this past winter , Ford has the entertainment center wrapped up nice . watched a live storm front w/ better graphics than cable TV . The car wasn't half bad either:o

hcvone
03-30-10, 08:55 AM
I live in the woods in upstate NY half the year, and the nav system and disc for my 10' shows the dirt roads around my house, my 08' and 09' does not do that, of course I do not know if it show the paved roads correctly, but was pretty amazed to see the dirt roads show up. My BMW has the worlds worst Nav system

evois
03-30-10, 06:10 PM
what you can do is while parked at your house, mark and save it. it will show the nearest registered road to your house.

cadmanchris
04-02-10, 12:23 AM
...or store your home address in the address book.