: Custom sound system?? Advice?

Texas_Lade
03-25-10, 11:47 AM
I've been toying with the idea of adding some to the Bose system in the Escalade. Want to keep it simple and hidden. Maybe 1 or 2 8's or 10's. Maybe some new door speakers?

Has anyone done this? Advice? Pics? Any input is appreciated.

Merc
03-25-10, 12:51 PM
It sounds like we are on the same page in regards to keeping the bass speakers hidden. I don't like the idea of having a base box in the back of the escalade since it takes up too much room. I would be interested to see how it would turn out and where you would put the speakers.

evil0ne
03-25-10, 09:52 PM
Is it an ESV? I've been waiting awhile but JL is releasing a stealthbox for the long wheelbase trucks:
http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_stealthbox_pages.php?page_id=168

Can't Find your Vehicle? The Following Models are Coming Soon:
BMW 7-Series '06-Up
BRP Can-Am Spyder '07-Up
Cadillac Escalade ESV / Chevrolet Suburban LS / GMC Yukon XL '07-Up

JHC828
03-25-10, 09:53 PM
I'm also wanting to add another sub in the truck. I HATE the idea of a big box that's there for all to see. Anyone running a stealth setup?

IgotGAME
03-25-10, 11:13 PM
Here is what I have (about 1:05 in you can see the box):

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/a1ldQywkSE0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/a1ldQywkSE0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Merc
03-25-10, 11:35 PM
IgotGame, that is a nice set up.

vfjdesign
03-26-10, 11:56 AM
I love I got games!!!! I have seen another set up like his but not as stealthy (http://www.jmlaudio.com/project%202008%20escalade%20ext.htm). I am trying to find a new head unit but no one around here(Richmond Va) is able to do it and make it look nice. I hate the dash kits with big pockets. I think I finally found someone..keep you posted

Texas_Lade
03-28-10, 09:05 PM
Mine is just a regular Escalade. Not EXT. An audio shop recommended something in the center firing downward. About a 4" raised box in between the captains chairs. Anyone else have something hidden or minimal like this?

goldesky
03-30-10, 08:57 AM
JL has a 10" box that installs under our center console with a 10" woofer the replaces the factory one the sounds good that you put an amp on the amp output ports and goes with the factory radio setup to add more bass.. i hve an orion amp i plan on putting on to bost up the bass and use the stock mids and highs for the rest.... we'll se...

Texas_Lade
03-31-10, 01:31 PM
JL has a 10" box that installs under our center console with a 10" woofer the replaces the factory one the sounds good that you put an amp on the amp output ports and goes with the factory radio setup to add more bass.. i hve an orion amp i plan on putting on to bost up the bass and use the stock mids and highs for the rest.... we'll se...

I looked that up on their website and found out it does not work for the Escalade.

goldesky
04-03-10, 10:24 AM
um, no offense, but yes it does... It was in my friends Escalade and he took it out and gave it to me to put in mine. Custom Car Audio in Houston did it, and i have several friends that are car audio installers that put them in Escalades all day long. Not sure where you got your information from, but it directly replaces the speaker under the center console.

Anyway - it will do what you are wanting to do without a box, i used to ride around in the guy's escalade who gave it to me and it sounds great.. just using sub outs with external amp and the one 10" JL.

or you can not believe me and not do it and thus not have a solution that will do what you originally asked ;)

K9Caddy
04-03-10, 10:53 AM
We would believe you if JL had it listed. It states right on their website that it does NOT fit the Escalade. Good to know that you got it to fit... I'll believe it when I see it.

Maybe you can show us pics of how you installed it?

K9Caddy
04-03-10, 11:01 AM
Is this what you're talking about?? http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_stealthbox_detail.php?fit_id=1562

States right on the website:

Will not fit Trucks with AC vents on the back of the center console or vehicles with deep storage area in front of cup holders. Will not fit Full-Size "Classic" Trucks, Chevrolet SSR, Cadillac Escalade, Cadillac Escalade ESV, Cadillac Escalade EXT, Hummer H2, Hummer H2 SUT.

This is the ONLY stealth box listed on their site and it's made for the Escalade EXT:

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_stealthbox_detail.php?fit_id=1430

Texas_Lade
04-03-10, 11:17 AM
um, no offense, but yes it does... It was in my friends Escalade and he took it out and gave it to me to put in mine. Custom Car Audio in Houston did it, and i have several friends that are car audio installers that put them in Escalades all day long. Not sure where you got your information from, but it directly replaces the speaker under the center console.

Anyway - it will do what you are wanting to do without a box, i used to ride around in the guy's escalade who gave it to me and it sounds great.. just using sub outs with external amp and the one 10" JL.

or you can not believe me and not do it and thus not have a solution that will do what you originally asked ;)

It's encouraging that you have something that fits but I'd have to see it to make sure the fitment was correct. I live in Victoria, Texas which is only about 2 hours aways from Houston. I'd even drive up and let the guys that did yours for you do mine. Is there anyway you can post some pics?? Thanks

goldesky
04-03-10, 11:18 AM
that's not the one - the one i have is different. I know for a fact that it fits as i said it was already in an escalade and was taken out when the truck returned. Doesnt bother me if you or others don't believe me - i was just trying to help the guy who posted about wanting a sub without a big box in back. The fact that it was pulled out of an escalade that is the same year and model as mine and that i used to ride around in listening to it tells me it will work. Just haven't had time to get it installed. Maybe JL changed it, who knows. Good installers can make anything fit...

"we would believe you if JL had it listed" - what is that all about? So i'm making all this up? No time for that, my friend... you certainly don't have to believe it and it doesn't bother me one bit. I'll be driving down the road with my JL 10" in the center console enjoying my bass while you and whoever else doesn't believe me ;)

Texas_Lade - contact Custom Car Audio in Houston and ask for Barry and i GUARANTEE they will get it working just as i said as that is where it was originally purchased and installed. Just trying to help you out, man - as it sounds like what you are interested in... and i know what i'm talking about.

goldesky
04-03-10, 11:23 AM
Just saw your post Texas_Lade... i don't have it installed yet, as i have not had time. Call Custom Car Audio as i said and talk to them. This is not some hacked box that "someone got to fit", it fits exactly and those guys install all the audio for very high end customers (athletes, celebrities, etc...). If you want it done well, go to them - i have had them do a few cars and the friend that had the escalade that this JL box was pulled out of got it done there. Quality work, perfect fitment, NO problems...

One of my other good friends used to work at West Coast Customs in LA and i told him i had it and his exact words were "oh, i like those center console boxes, they sound great" and he gave me the Orion amp that i intend to use with it... so i'm not the only one that knows about this.

Texas_Lade
04-03-10, 11:25 AM
that's not the one - the one i have is different. I know for a fact that it fits as i said it was already in an escalade and was taken out when the truck returned. Doesnt bother me if you or others don't believe me - i was just trying to help the guy who posted about wanting a sub without a big box in back. The fact that it was pulled out of an escalade that is the same year and model as mine and that i used to ride around in listening to it tells me it will work. Just haven't had time to get it installed. Maybe JL changed it, who knows. Good installers can make anything fit...

"we would believe you if JL had it listed" - what is that all about? So i'm making all this up? No time for that, my friend... you certainly don't have to believe it and it doesn't bother me one bit. I'll be driving down the road with my JL 10" in the center console enjoying my bass while you and whoever else doesn't believe me ;)

Texas_Lade - contact Custom Car Audio in Houston and ask for Barry and i GUARANTEE they will get it working just as i said as that is where it was originally purchased and installed. Just trying to help you out, man - as it sounds like what you are interested in... and i know what i'm talking about.

I appreciate the help, Gold. It's evident that you know this box fits but I'm just trying to make sure which box it actually is. Can you take a few pics of it so I can match them to a box on JL's website? That would help a ton. Again, I really appreciate the time you're taking to help out. -Ryan

goldesky
04-03-10, 11:30 AM
haha - that's my name too... (Ryan). Ok Ryan- i'm not at home now, and who knows if it matches up to what they currently offer.. i'd be happy to take a picture for you, but in the short term - i say call Custom Car Audio and talk to them and see what they say. Maybe JL changed them up, who knows. If that other guy said he didnt see it on the site, then that's entirely possible. But i know that this solution works- if they don't have it from JL - i'm sure you can get a box made that fits exactly inside that space with the JL speaker. For all i know, that could have been done with the one i have - but it does not look like a custom box, it has all the corners and edges that appear to fit precisely into that space. My friend took his Escalade in, they put in that box, and then he took it out and gave it to me... i believe he said JL made the box, and my friend in LA said the same...

goldesky
04-03-10, 11:32 AM
sorry - Custom Car Stereo (i always get it backwards) www.customcarstereo.com

evil0ne
04-05-10, 04:34 PM
http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_stealthbox_detail.php?fit_id=1564. Is that the one you're talking about? According to JL's site it won't fit but if you say it does I'll take your word for it. The center consoles are different between the trucks but I'm guessing a good installer could easily make it work. I'm waiting for their ESV/Suburban/Yukon XL box that they've been promising for awhile, it'll be out back and hopefully an even beefier sub.

Texas_Lade
04-05-10, 08:10 PM
http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_stealthbox_detail.php?fit_id=1564. Is that the one you're talking about? According to JL's site it won't fit but if you say it does I'll take your word for it. The center consoles are different between the trucks but I'm guessing a good installer could easily make it work. I'm waiting for their ESV/Suburban/Yukon XL box that they've been promising for awhile, it'll be out back and hopefully an even beefier sub.

That's the one I saw on JL's website too but I don't think that's Gold's box.

Texas_Lade
04-05-10, 08:15 PM
Gold,

I emailed the guys at the shop and waiting to hear back from them now. Fingers crossed. Thanks again bro

evil0ne
04-22-10, 10:06 AM
ESV box is out now, not sure I'm liking it.

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_stealthbox_detail.php?fit_id=1644&country=US

Fast Eddie
04-22-10, 03:32 PM
If you have buckets in the second row, what about a shallow box on the floor between the captains chairs. It seems like the perfect spot to put 2 shallow 8"s in either an up or down firing 6" high box. It would be between the seats out of the way and when the seats folded it would be between them and still out of the way. That space looks like dead space anyways...

Kickboxer
04-23-10, 12:07 AM
I've emailed JL multiple times about that center console sub for Tahoes/Suburbans/Yukons and they flat out said it does not fit the Escalade center console. Had them check with multiple people. Said there are height issues with the Escalade that aren't in the other models.

Map1685
12-18-11, 09:17 PM
i spoke to custom car audio and yes they install it and i have heard and seen it myself! also look up 2007-up cheveloret tahoe & GMC Yukon - JL