: Blowers available

Florian
03-25-10, 11:13 AM
A pal of mine came upon a stash of brand new superchargers for the STSv....just curious if there is any interest/need for NIB superchargers.....

:eye::bancha::kittyball:

F

LITTLEELVISDAN
03-25-10, 11:50 AM
A group buy maybe???

Count me in

What's the price?

I could have 1 ported, polished and all the bells and wistles, and one left stock. How cool would the engine look with a polished blower on top.

cad08stsv
03-25-10, 01:49 PM
Florian Good afternoon,
I agreen with Dan, Let us know the particulars when you can. And thanks
Russell

Florian
03-25-10, 02:15 PM
Dan, I think a ported, polished (in and out) blower would look cool.....Im gonna do that myself...I think there are some ponies to be gained here.

F

bobs-sts-v
03-25-10, 05:00 PM
x2 on the cost and details. How many you got?
x2 on porting & polishing.

Bob

Florian
03-25-10, 05:17 PM
From what I understand theres roughly 50 available...all new and all specifically for our cars....more to come.

F

LITTLEELVISDAN
03-25-10, 10:16 PM
kind of blury but you get the idea

YouTube- D3 Cadillac STS-V (Stage 3)

Redxped1
03-25-10, 10:42 PM
Im pritty sure the 03 04 cobra guys are getting any were from 60 to 100HP by porting there blowers I wonder whats there to clean up on ours

jedhead
03-26-10, 03:24 AM
You have me thinking. Let us know about the price. I already broken a no mod promise to myself twice so far.

Bob

Florian
03-26-10, 01:37 PM
The units list for nearly 3K new....price should be much less.....details later.

F

ray901537
03-26-10, 05:44 PM
$$?? im in for 5 if the price is right

LITTLEELVISDAN
03-26-10, 06:07 PM
what the hell are you going to do with 5?

jedhead
03-27-10, 04:24 AM
Im pritty sure the 03 04 cobra guys are getting any were from 60 to 100HP by porting there blowers I wonder whats there to clean up on ours

Talking to the guys over at D3 cleaning up the blower alone will only give 25 -30hp alone. The only way to get significantly more torque out of our engines is by overspinning the blower and injecting methanol/water into the intake of the blower to cool off the compressor blades.

Bob

LITTLEELVISDAN
03-27-10, 10:19 AM
Do the new blowers wera out blades like the old ones? Over time they got less efficient and produced less PSI and had to be rebuilt. The big B&M's had teflon ribs that could be replaced.

ray901537
03-27-10, 02:31 PM
I have 2 sts-v's and a few projects that they could come in handy for, hey if the price is right why not?

Florian
03-31-10, 11:28 PM
just spoke with my bud...more info coming soon.

F

Florian
04-01-10, 05:53 PM
pricing is less than half of new....and the company bought all remaining of blower, so none are available, except thru him....

He will be posting as a vendor here in the next day or two.

F

fast impala
04-02-10, 11:56 AM
I'd certainly like to have one. I hope we get first shot!:cool2:

Florian
04-02-10, 11:57 PM
The vendor will be here shortly....STSv's get first crack at this.

F

LITTLEELVISDAN
04-13-10, 07:12 AM
Any update?

cad08stsv
04-13-10, 08:05 AM
Good Morning F
Any update on the blowers? I know we are all looking forward to this
deal.
Thanks for your time
Russell

Florian
04-14-10, 03:05 PM
Yup, there is an update....I spoke with the soon-to-be vendor. He has paid on this site and will be posting pix soon....along with pricing. Pricing looks VERY favorable compared to new.
He should have his pricing and contact info along with blowers pix up soon.

F

csf
04-14-10, 05:19 PM
While I'd like to have a spare blower also, if this is true it makes me wonder what good a factory or CPO warranty is if there are no superchargers in the GM inventory for warranty repairs should someone need a new one. I already read here there may not be OEM replacement hoods either. Am I misreading this stuff? Seems crazy to have a car only two years old you can't get parts for.

LITTLEELVISDAN
04-14-10, 06:56 PM
By Federal law GM has to produce and/or supply parts for 10 years after the last production car leaves the assembly line. Don't worry

Florian
04-14-10, 10:08 PM
^^^^what Dan said...you just may have to wait while they find the dies to stamp the hoods.

F

Florian
04-19-10, 12:03 AM
UCS Motorsports is now a vendor - they have posted in the General Forum and will likely be posting here soon with pricing and availability.

F

UCSmotorsport
04-19-10, 01:28 PM
Hello everyone. Well first off let me apologize for the length of time it has taken to respond to this thread. I take care of a few race cars/teams calibration needs and this season has caught me off guard with my work load. I have also taken on some racing boats this year…what was I thinking there is not enough hours in the day for all this!!
I promise to make time for this endeavor with the blowers and will do my best to respond as quickly as possible.
Here is the story behind the blowers:
As most all of you know the financial troubles GM has gotten themselves into over the past year. The “bean counters” (don’t mean to offend) have subsequently ordered the “thinning” of the company which translates to get rid of everything that is possible in the surplus areas. It is usually true for them to cover the possible warranty parts issues for 10 years but from the warehouses full of auction parts I have seen it is truly amazing what is getting dished off. I have a few associates that base their salaries off of moving these parts from surplus or auction to either profit via scrap or resale to third party suppliers. It turns out I got the call to help identify what exactly they were and found out that they were intended to be sold to a aftermarket car company to be reconfigured for use on another vehicle. While this deal is still pending I have arranged the opportunity to offer them for their intended use on the STS V and XLR V.I am also looking to some of you to reconfirm it is in fact the same blower on those two cars. So after this lengthy explanation I come to the meat and ‘taters of pricing. Suggested retail is over $3000 for these units and I believe places like GM parts direct and GM parts place sell them for around $2700 plus shipping (if they have them)and we all know how the “stealerships” treat us all. I can sell these for $1250.00 to forum members with shipping costs depending on the buyer’s location. I did a quick worst case scenario with a shipping price from Michigan to San Diego and it was still only around $160.
I think this is more than fair and I am not looking to get rich off this as reflected in the $1250 pricing. It just so happens my best friend has an STS V and this is how it all came about.
I will try to post what pics I have in my album (UCSmotorsport) or a link (I will take some better higher res pics when possible).
I need to gauge the serious interest in these blowers to reserve whatever number I will need.
Thanks for lookin :thumbsup:

fast impala
04-19-10, 01:52 PM
Assuming these are indeed the correct blower for our cars, I am ready to buy whenever you have all the details ironed out.:bouncy:

I'm an old hotrodder, racer, etc., and I keep my cars a long time. I will do a major upgrade on my V, in the coming years. I'm ready to buy.

UCSmotorsport
04-19-10, 01:58 PM
I am going to try to find an identification number and photograph it for verification.
I am also working with our CNC head porter for possible improvements to ports and problematic casting impurities. :stirpot:

got to sign off for a few hous and take care of buis....be back on later tonight

Florian
04-19-10, 03:24 PM
the Vendor has spoken! Good to see you on board UCS!

F

LITTLEELVISDAN
04-19-10, 03:36 PM
Count me in for one, and before you ship I would like to know what "improvements" could be made to them.

rwwrrr
04-20-10, 01:31 PM
I would take one!

jedhead
04-20-10, 06:30 PM
I am also curious about the improvements.

Bob

Florian
04-20-10, 10:07 PM
I will take one! Can you polish the lid to give smoother airflow?

F

hd750
04-20-10, 10:34 PM
I am interested also, please let me know about the improvements.

cad08stsv
04-21-10, 12:47 AM
Good Morning UCS,
You have my interest in one of them. Assuming all things being the same (Part Numbers and design) I would also like to talk about any improvments you may have in mind for this blower.
I am sure there can be some improvements in the internals and polishing would be a good thing also. Anything that will improve on the original design would be an improvement in power. I think we can all agree on that.
Please let use know what can be done and any assocated cost. Bottom line mark me down for one. Thanks for keeping us all in mind
Later
Russell

Florian
04-28-10, 10:29 PM
Spoke with UCS over the weekend...looks like they have some interesting things in store....(think port/polish :> )

F

LITTLEELVISDAN
04-29-10, 09:32 AM
:grouphug::alchi::highfive::cool2:;):D:yup::drool: :drool::halo::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::bling: :bling:

timinfla2
04-29-10, 10:43 AM
VERY cool! I'm looking forward to seeing the number gains to be had by porting/polishing.

cad08stsv
04-30-10, 10:12 AM
Good Morning,
I like wise would be very interested in numbers concerning this Blower. I hope they start posting asap so we can move on this soon.
There is no sleeping in any of the lanes on this track. Or for that matter the dyno either.
Russell

PGA2B
04-30-10, 01:11 PM
It would be nice if they could work in conjunction with a pulley manufacturer like SFPH or some one like that for an interchangeable pulley system.

timinfla2
05-01-10, 02:49 PM
It would be nice if they could work in conjunction with a pulley manufacturer like SFPH or some one like that for an interchangeable pulley system.

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :D Daddy Likes!

Redxped1
05-08-10, 12:04 PM
any updates on this?

Florian
05-09-10, 12:09 PM
I heard UCS was moving to a different location....maybe a bit of info lag due to getting the new shop set up?

F

coach123
05-10-10, 12:19 PM
I wanted to let everyone know that I am in the process of getting my blower ported and polished right now. I will post before and after dyno results when I get everything put back together. The company is hoping to achieve 500rwhp with only modifying blower (no pulley swaps) and cold air intake. Everything will appear factory so warranty issues should be a thing of the past.

TimmyC
05-10-10, 08:39 PM
Is the snout on the 122 blower the same as the M90? What is the diameter of the stock pulley?

cad08stsv
05-11-10, 12:23 AM
Coach,
I would be interested in your results. A shot of your dybo sheet would go a long way, particularly if the vendor you are working with is looking
for more customers. Best for luck with your project. I can't were there wouldn't be a pcm reflash in the works. I guess we will see.
Russell

coach123
05-11-10, 10:20 AM
I will have before and after dyno with A/F ratios. My car before sending the blower in to get worked on has magnaflow exhaust with x-pipe and a CAI I built. It also has a wait4me handheld I will be using to adjust the tune. Everything else besides the internal of the blower will remain stock. I will post all information once I can get the car put back together and on the dyno again.

PGA2B
05-11-10, 12:06 PM
I will have before and after dyno with A/F ratios. My car before sending the blower in to get worked on has magnaflow exhaust with x-pipe and a CAI I built. It also has a wait4me handheld I will be using to adjust the tune. Everything else besides the internal of the blower will remain stock. I will post all information once I can get the car put back together and on the dyno again.

I have a few questions.

1. How do you like your Magnaflow? I have an X pipe and mufflers I am going to install in the next few weeks.

2. Do you have any photos of your intake or exhaust?

3. Any sound clips of your exhaust?

Bigdawg58
05-11-10, 05:38 PM
I'm all eyes & ears on this,,,,hope it pans out!

coach123
05-11-10, 05:43 PM
I can snap some pictures when I get back home I'm currently out of town. The x-pipe and magnaflow mufflers give off deeper tone without any rasp or drone sound in my car. I believe someone on the forums has a youtube video of his STS-V with the magnaflow mufflers on the car.

Here is the link to the youtube video
YouTube- STS V with custom Magnaflow Exhaust.

PGA2B
05-11-10, 09:27 PM
Yeah, that's Lejia's car. I have heard that but he did custom 3" pipes all the way to the mufflers.

coach123
05-11-10, 09:40 PM
I kept all the original piping which was 2.5". Has there been any improvement in going 3" all the way back? I was thinking about doing this but didn't know if it would yield any significant hp. When I get back home I'll try to take a video to demonstrate the sound. It will be at least the middle of next week before I have the car put back together though.

cad08stsv
05-12-10, 03:43 AM
Coach, Good Morning,
I look forward to your return and the results.
Russell :yup:

PGA2B
05-12-10, 07:51 AM
I don't know if there would be any improvements over the stock as our stock is 2.5" and Mandrel bend tubes. I am just using the factory pipes and adding the mufflers, tips, and X pipe.

cadillac94pimpin
05-12-10, 01:43 PM
I think It may help since we do have a superchager. This is the route I may go.
I am going to get an estimate for 3" madrel bent all the way back with an x pipe and spintech mufflers.

LITTLEELVISDAN
05-12-10, 05:06 PM
Guys... Keep this thread to Blowers please... Exhaust has its own thread.

cad08stsv
05-13-10, 12:56 AM
Dan,
I like the other guys that have talked about there different mods, but I do agree with you we need to get back to Blowerrs and when is this vendor going to show us the goods.
Russell

Florian
05-13-10, 09:21 AM
I happened to speak with the vendor...he is currently looking for a new partner to do the port/polish work. He wont be doing that in house. Apparently these blowers are awful with parting lines and casting leftovers....and will need some serious handwork to clean em up. I suspect pix in the next few days.
I have offered to buy one and do the the dyno pre-/post charts.

F

PGA2B
05-13-10, 11:07 AM
I happened to speak with the vendor...he is currently looking for a new partner to do the port/polish work. He wont be doing that in house. Apparently these blowers are awful with parting lines and casting leftovers....and will need some serious handwork to clean em up. I suspect pix in the next few days.
I have offered to buy one and do the the dyno pre-/post charts.

F

He may want to talk to Steigmeier, they seen to be the authority on Cobra and are authorized to reman Eatons.

http://www.stiegemeier.com/home.html

fast impala
05-13-10, 01:14 PM
I'm curious, are these OEM blowers, factory blems, or are you just referring to how the OEM blowers look without any aftermarket work done on them?

Or, is this work necessary to make them serviceable?

I'm all for porting and polishing, just don't want to buy a second hand product.

Florian
05-13-10, 02:12 PM
These blowers are OEM, not remans, or factory blems......they just are ugly on the surface and to make em really do what they are supposed to (flow clean, smooth air) they need to be polished out well....whats on our STSvs are UGLY inside.....

F

fast impala
05-13-10, 03:52 PM
That's all I need to know. Ready and waiting, to buy!:bouncy:

Bigdawg58
05-13-10, 05:27 PM
Sounding better every day :yup:

cad08stsv
05-13-10, 08:29 PM
That's great, can't wait.
Russell

coach123
05-14-10, 02:23 AM
I am working with Stiegemeier right now on his patented Snakebite upgrade and port work. They have been great to deal with and our goal is to reach around 500rwhp from modifying internal blower only. This would retain all stock pulley's and stock look for warranty concerns. The Snakebite will increase boost without the need to replace pulley's. More info to come.

550HP STSV
05-14-10, 08:07 AM
id like to hear more about that.

cad08stsv
05-14-10, 09:19 AM
Looks like we are starting to move.

PGA2B
05-14-10, 11:42 AM
I am working with Stiegemeier right now on his patented Snakebite upgrade and port work. They have been great to deal with and our goal is to reach around 500rwhp from modifying internal blower only. This would retain all stock pulley's and stock look for warranty concerns. The Snakebite will increase boost without the need to replace pulley's. More info to come.

Stiegmeier is almost in my back yard. I am excited to hear what happens with them as I can get there is a few hours drive and have the work done.:bouncy:

cad08stsv
05-15-10, 02:24 AM
Jamie,
That's great. I am wondering if what Coach 123 said was accurete. I can not
emagine just porting and polishing could result in those kind of numbers he is
quoting. It would be great if it were so. I do thank him for his research into
this. I was going to call this vendor and ask him. I just have not got around
to it. Should you desided to look a little deaper into this could you let us know
what's up? I know you are very busy, so when ever you get to it. Thanks for
your comments and interest. I will look forward to hearing about this mod.
Russell :mad2:

jedhead
05-15-10, 05:57 AM
Wow 120hp gain with only internal blower mods. Count me in.

Bob

Indyblue98
05-15-10, 07:37 PM

With an increase in boost will the computer need updated to compensate?
What about the innercooler ?
This could put our cars right into the new CTS-V power range. :D

550HP STSV
05-15-10, 10:55 PM
Wow 120hp gain with only internal blower mods. Count me in.

Bob

Where did you see this information?

jedhead
05-16-10, 02:17 AM
Where did you see this information?

Coach says his goal is 500whp and I currently have 387whp stock. Cars vary somewhat so I was estimating 120whp gain.

Bob

PGA2B
05-16-10, 10:28 AM
Well boys, I am from Missouri and our slogan is "The Show Me State". So "Show Me" the 120rwhp gain. I would guess that without a pulley change 25-30 would be an outstanding gain.

coach123
05-16-10, 03:11 PM
I encourage everyone to take a look at this website for more information. http://www.stiegemeier.com/home.html This is going to be the first of it's kind so be patient for the results. I have already stated my mods so far. I do not have any intercooler mods but eventually will be getting the killerchiller from Kincaid Performance to assist the cooling (this too will be the first of its kind for our vehicle). According to Bob's (owner of Steigemeier porting) website he typically see's around a 20 degree temp drop in IAT2's with stage 5 port. My car will be the first to have his patented Snakebite and porting work done. Bob spent about a week with my supercharger and did some extensive work on the internals. My plans are to get the car put back together and get it dynoed with all needed info for a before and after comparison. Later I will be adding the killerchiller which should alleviate any computer related timing retard due to high charge air temps. I have researched extensively since I bought the car on the products and vendors I wanted to use.

Redxped1
05-16-10, 03:16 PM
go look around on the 03+ mustang cobra forums they are getting aroing 100hp just for porting there factory blower so i dont see it being to far off on ours also

Florian
05-16-10, 05:56 PM
hope GM kept some Getrag diffs in stock......

F

PGA2B
05-16-10, 06:19 PM
I'll be the first one to eat crow if Bob can get that much out of our Supercharger. I hope he can.

cad08stsv
05-16-10, 10:20 PM
I am rooting for you Coach, I hope this guy know what he is talking doing. From the first mention of this guy it sounded like all you do is port and Polish , there was no more involved, so we could get the car worked on without the dealer knowing about it. Not to void the warrenty. Do you think that is still true or not? In any case thank you for the valuable worrk you are doing now. I guess we will let the chips fall where thay may.
Russell

coach123
05-17-10, 08:58 AM
The supercharger has had port and polish work done as well as his patented Snakebite. The "Snakebite" changes the internal gearing to give you more boost without the need for pulley changes. Bob is an authorized Eaton remanufacturer and has worked with these superchargers for years. He determines the max boost the supercharger can obtain after porting while still in their efficiency range and then gears the supercharger to obtain that amount of boost. I believe he said I should see around 16-18 lbs of boost when I get the supercharger back. The porting work that he did not only included the supercharger but also the intercooler lid. I should have it back to me on Wednesday so I'm excited to see the results.

fast impala
05-17-10, 09:53 AM
I'm a little puzzled here, is the work you are having done to your blower, related to the initial post about the extra blowers? Or, are we talking about two different things here?

I'm interested in both, but it seems we're going a little off course, here.

coach123
05-17-10, 02:56 PM
The work I have done is to my original blower. I posted on this thread since everyone was talking about getting them ported. I will start a new thread when results come in.

cad08stsv
05-19-10, 04:24 PM
Hello,
Are we still going to be able to buy blowers from this other guy. I would rather not have my car layed up with out a blower for what ever time it take to port and polish the other one? Any thought on this subject.
Russell

Florian
05-19-10, 10:40 PM
Hello,
Are we still going to be able to buy blowers from this other guy. I would rather not have my car layed up with out a blower for what ever time it take to port and polish the other one? Any thought on this subject.
Russell

Simple answer is yes you can.

F

cad08stsv
05-20-10, 02:06 AM
Good Morning F,
Where and when.
Russell

Florian
05-20-10, 03:56 PM
As I understand it the vendor is tuning raceboats right now....should be back with info this wknd.

F

UCSmotorsport
05-23-10, 08:47 PM
Hi folks
What a crazy month!! I just got back from a 4 leg trip that ended up in Lake Tahoe. If any of you are out that way I am truly jealous; it is absolutely stunning scenery there. I have a breather for a few weeks with no extended travel so I can stay on top of this thread.
I have added a few extra pictures of the blowers on my album. (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/album.php?albumid=1406)
It is nice to see since I imagine not many have seen the insides of these and how the Laminova intercooler system works. In some of the close ups you can see the”moon like” surface and its imperfections in the parting lines of the castings.
Anyway, I have run into a wall on the porting work for the blowers. My guy I use has proved his inability to deliver due to an overwhelming back log of head porting work to take care of. We were working on a CNC program but it never got finished. I am having horrible issues with getting parts delivered on time and think it may be better to go another route. I think another member mentioned Stiegemeier as a possibility to handle the upgrades. I think this community could try to get a group deal if they do quite a few all at once.
I am fighting time as well and will probably snap up the blowers as soon as I can (hopefully by the weeks end)so I don’t lose out on getting them.
I need sleep and will check in tomorrow and take a tally of the parties interested and get a list going.
Thanks for your patience and understanding.

PGA2B
05-23-10, 10:22 PM
Wow, those casting look like ass. I would think cleaning them up so the air flow is smooth would result in good gains!! The outlet looks like it could be opened up a touch also.

Do you have pricing on these yet?

Florian
05-24-10, 09:49 AM
Wow, those casting look like ass. I would think cleaning them up so the air flow is smooth would result in good gains!! The outlet looks like it could be opened up a touch also.

Do you have pricing on these yet?

He stated in Post #27 that these would be 1250/ea. I am in for one...thats a smokin good price.

F

fast impala
05-24-10, 10:46 AM
I'm in as well, would love to have them messaged, if the price was right!:yup:

Indyblue98
05-24-10, 12:06 PM
At $1250 plus shipping Count me in :highfive:

PGA2B
05-24-10, 12:09 PM
He stated in Post #27 that these would be 1250/ea. I am in for one...thats a smokin good price.

F

Sorry, missed that.......:thumbsup:

cad08stsv
05-24-10, 04:16 PM
I had heared $1250.also, UDS also said we should get a group purchase togather and maybe a better price.
We maybe able to get him to drop ship them for those that wish to have some portting and polishing done along with TB opening moods
I all fo0r that.
We could call the P&P guy and give him instructions for our partiuclar blower. I'm sure he will go along with us.
This could be the find of the year. So when the time is right lets move on this. No screwing around this is business not personnal
Money talks bull sh-t walks..
Russell

UCSmotorsport
05-24-10, 10:49 PM
""I had heared $1250.also, UDS also said we should get a group purchase togather and maybe a better price""

In an earlier post the group purchase I was referring to was on the porting of the blowers from a third party service. In order for us all to get the pricing established I have to buy them in lots of 10 units, which i guess is pretty much like a group purchase.

here is a short list of the members that have expressed interest in getting one of these blowers:

Florian
Fast impala
Indyblue98
Littleelvisdan
Ray901537 (possibly more than 1)
Rwwrrr
Cad08stsv

If I missed anyone else i am sorry. Maybe some of you more savy forum members can tell me if there is a way to make a post where anyone can add their name if interested. Is this possible? sort of like a running tally.

I am still determining if my supplier is returning before or after the holiday weekend from his vacation but i do have a fat check for him for the lot purchase.:bouncy:

Florian
05-24-10, 11:03 PM
those interested in a GB, just quote the above message and add your name to the running tally.

F

UCSmotorsport
05-24-10, 11:12 PM
thanks F yea that would work lol

jedhead
05-25-10, 03:41 AM
I am also interested.

Bob

LITTLEELVISDAN
05-25-10, 06:57 AM
""I had heared $1250.also, UDS also said we should get a group purchase togather and maybe a better price""

In an earlier post the group purchase I was referring to was on the porting of the blowers from a third party service. In order for us all to get the pricing established I have to buy them in lots of 10 units, which i guess is pretty much like a group purchase.

here is a short list of the members that have expressed interest in getting one of these blowers:

Florian
Fast impala
Indyblue98
Littleelvisdan
Rwwrrr
Cad08stsv
Bob

If I missed anyone else i am sorry. Maybe some of you more savy forum members can tell me if there is a way to make a post where anyone can add their name if interested. Is this possible? sort of like a running tally.

I am still determining if my supplier is returning before or after the holiday weekend from his vacation but i do have a fat check for him for the lot purchase.:bouncy:
added Bob

LITTLEELVISDAN
05-25-10, 07:27 AM
F

I was wondering if the extra HP of a P/P Blower would hurt the rear end if I am not taking it to the drag strip or track. I know it's only a matter of time if you do launch hard alot but what about a daily driver?

Bigdawg58
05-25-10, 08:29 AM
added Bob

Interested in one.

Bigdawg58
05-25-10, 08:31 AM

Florian
Fast impala
Indyblue98
Littleelvisdan
Rwwrrr
Cad08stsv
Bigdawg58
pj96ss

add Bigdawg58

pj96ss
05-25-10, 08:38 AM
add Bigdawg58

Add pj96ss

Florian
05-25-10, 10:46 AM
F

I was wondering if the extra HP of a P/P Blower would hurt the rear end if I am not taking it to the drag strip or track. I know it's only a matter of time if you do launch hard alot but what about a daily driver?

Dan,

Wheel hop is your killer....if you can keep the wheels planted, then you should have no issue. As soon as you get asymmetrical torque, youre gonna have issues.

F

bobs-sts-v
05-25-10, 11:16 AM
Count me in as well. I may allow my son to do the porting and polishing. He is currently enrolled in Wyotech, and will need a project for his High Performance Engine Building section. Guess my collection of cars rubbed off on him. So unless the group purchase includes the P&P, I may just go with the OEM blower and allow him the pleasure of cleaning it up. :D

Bob

Florian
05-25-10, 01:15 PM
Per UCS, there is no P&P available from him, just OEM blowers...... I'm thinking Steigmeyer.

F

fast impala
05-25-10, 01:57 PM
I've got a feeling I'm not going to like what Steigmeyer would charge.:bigroll:

Florian
05-25-10, 04:18 PM
I couldnt get an answer from PGA2B

F

coach123
05-25-10, 08:21 PM
Individual stage porting prices and snakebite prices are listed on his website http://www.stiegemeier.com/home.html He does not specify our car however you can figure it is going to be close to price listed. There are different stages of porting/polishing so pricing is not as simple as one set price. It will depend on what level porting you want specifically. You can call him to get more information on each stage. I specifically went with the snakebite and a stage 5 port/polish along with throttle body and intercooler lid work.

PGA2B
05-25-10, 08:29 PM
I couldnt get an answer from PGA2B

F

Did I miss something?:confused: An answer on what?

LITTLEELVISDAN
05-25-10, 08:55 PM
Price on your porting and polishing

Florian
05-25-10, 11:16 PM
Sorry PGA, I meant Coach......thanks coach for the link.....

F

cad08stsv
05-26-10, 03:36 AM
"F.
I was wondering if the extra HP of a P/P Blower would hurt the rear end if I am not taking it to the drag strip or track. I know it's only a matter of time if you do launch hard alot but what about a daily driver?"

As you know I am interested in this blower and the Snike Bite mod,
What troubles me is the thoughts from Dan, about wheel hop....... anybody on this?
In the past it seems that we would stager the shocks and gusssesed the lower mounts. I'm not sure this can be done with the STS V, On my AMX we did that and had tq links that were factory installed on a standard tubed axel rear end,
this helped with that problem last thing we need is more issues. I wonder if the CTSV crowd has these same issues and how do they deal with it? Are there rear end set up like ours? I don't like the idea of breaking parts. Fords are a dime a dozen, so parts are fairly avalible from a nunber of sources.. Just some food for though. F. brought it up a wihile back and no one responed to his comments. F. How did you deal with this issue?

pj96ss
05-26-10, 08:57 AM
I found a document this morning that lists the max specs for the Hydra-Matic 6L80 (MYC) six-speed automatic

Type:
six-speed electronically controlled, automatic overdrive transmission

Engine range
4.4L SC - 6.2L

Maximum engine torque lb-ft / Nm: 430 / 583

Maximum gearbox torque lb-ft / Nm: 664 / 900

I'm looking for any specs on the rear end.

P.J.

Florian
05-26-10, 10:04 AM
"F.
I was wondering if the extra HP of a P/P Blower would hurt the rear end if I am not taking it to the drag strip or track. I know it's only a matter of time if you do launch hard alot but what about a daily driver?"

As you know I am interested in this blower and the Snike Bite mod,
What troubles me is the thoughts from Dan, about wheel hop....... anybody on this?
In the past it seems that we would stager the shocks and gusssesed the lower mounts. I'm not sure this can be done with the STS V, On my AMX we did that and had tq links that were factory installed on a standard tubed axel rear end,
this helped with that problem last thing we need is more issues. I wonder if the CTSV crowd has these same issues and how do they deal with it? Are there rear end set up like ours? I don't like the idea of breaking parts. Fords are a dime a dozen, so parts are fairly avalible from a nunber of sources.. Just some food for though. F. brought it up a wihile back and no one responed to his comments. F. How did you deal with this issue?

Sheesh....this reminds me of 2005 when everyone had the same issue with the CTSv rear end grenading. Bottom line is this; the STSv has more torque nannies than youre gonna be able to overcome....the car wont let the extra torque get your rearend off the line...it'll just bog (unless you have a tuner remove the tq mgmt nannies - then all bets are off). From a roll, you will have no issue....even if its a 5HP roll..... Dont worry about staggering shocks/putting a C3 pumpkin in the rear/wheelhop kits, it just wont do anything for you except make noise and drive you crazy.
So, what I am planning on doing is to snakebite the blower, install it, and drive it like I stole it and not worry about anything.

F

Florian
05-26-10, 10:06 AM
Heres our diff: Getrag type 645 w/ a 3:73 ratio.

meekna
05-26-10, 08:49 PM
So has anyone done it? ...Ported/Polished the stock blower? What gains do we get? It looks pretty cheap ~$250.

cad08stsv
06-01-10, 04:46 PM
Hi everyone,
Did we or didn't we get the go ahead from the supplier of the blowers to start purchasing them?
If we do have the go ahead have we been able to come to some sort of agreement as to a group purchase?
I seem to remember that there were needed around 10 people to do a group purchase. I think we had enough or close to it.
Those that have put there name on the list need to make a commitment to this purchase. I have the money in hand and I am ready to go. Who eles is ready?
If we can't get the necessary number of people to do this, than have we need a per peice price, and how much is it. I would rather not lay up my car with an open engine valley for to long of a time.
I guess what I am asking is for a definitive answer from those on the list, PLEASE
Kindest regards
Russell :tisk:

Florian
06-01-10, 10:41 PM
mine is on order now....should have it this weekend. I DO need to find a place to P/P it though.

F

cad08stsv
06-02-10, 12:23 AM
F,
Aren't you going to use Steigmeyer's snakebite?
Or do you have some one eles in mind, or are you looking for someone to do this work?

LITTLEELVISDAN
06-02-10, 12:24 AM
We have the numbers. Just waiting on the vendor to pmost up buying info.

cad08stsv
06-02-10, 01:01 AM
Dan,
It would appear some folks are not waiting for a GP, They seem to be going forward on there own. I sent this guy an email asking for information.
Perhaps he doesn't want to do a GP, who knows? We have been waiting around for a while now and nothing seems to be happening. I would like to
get started with this project ASAP. Thanks for your time.
Russell

Florian
06-02-10, 08:56 AM
The GP is in full force as far as I know....I have a friend that knows him, so I got in early....however, I understand that in the next few days there should be contact/buying info. I think he is going the Paypal route on purchases.

F

fast impala
06-02-10, 09:43 AM
I've been ready to buy, it seems to me, it's s*** or get off the pot time.

550HP STSV
06-02-10, 11:38 AM
im more interested in the stiegemeier porting... anyone have any other info?

cad08stsv
06-02-10, 12:37 PM
Dude,
Look on the Ported Blowers Thread, Everything you want to know and than some
Have a good day
Russell

UCSmotorsport
06-02-10, 02:59 PM
update: (yes late , my apologies)
I am going to get 5 blowers tonight or tomorrow morning(since my supplier is still on vacation)
and get the other 5 on monday night the 7th
To be fair I will start from the top of the list and go down. I will probably use Pay Pal for ease of transation even though they shaft you by taking a cut; it will still be less hassle for me than any other way.
My supplier has jacked the price slightly on me:( in a momentary loss of memory as to the original deal :banghead:but It will not influence the original pricing i gave out in the begining. I will PM those on the list as soon as i have them sitting in front of me ( i tend to trust no one) and start getting them shipped.
Thank you for being patient through this; It was quite a struggle for me putting this together and getting decent pricing.

LITTLEELVISDAN
06-02-10, 03:37 PM
Dude,
Look on the Ported Blowers Thread, Everything you want to know and than some
Have a good day
Russell

We already have a Group Buy on the blowers as stated in the original offer. The Group Buy we are all waiting on is from the PP company. The ported blower thread mentions it but no one has followed up to see what a group price on the snake bite version would be. I may have lost track but no one has posted up what $$ it cost to have a STS-V blower snake bite mod done. or for that matter a Group Price on it. Is someone working on it or has that fallen through?

Florian
06-02-10, 10:00 PM
I dont think anyone is working on that....you up for it?

F

cad08stsv
06-02-10, 10:40 PM
Gentelman,
Please excuse me if I missed something. I was under the impression that the PP guy was only going to do the PP work and that he had nothing to do with the selling of the blowers.
Please correct me if I am wrong. I have been known to be wrong in the past, so that would not be something new.
Dan, If you find out the PP guy is in fact selling the blowers with snakebite that would slove a host of problems. Such as having to have UCS drop ship his blowers to the PP guy. That cost as well as
haveing to pay shipping from the PP guy to ship ro us.
In any case I want to thank you both for the hard work that has went into this project.
Kindest regards
Russell

LITTLEELVISDAN
06-02-10, 11:18 PM
no two different companies Russell. UCS has the blowers and the PP guy seems to be Stagmire. SP?

cad08stsv
06-02-10, 11:39 PM
Please excuse me Dan,
I am not sure wnat "SP?" means. If Stagmeier is only doing the PP work then I understand this.
Your earlier post was "The Group Buy we are all waiting on is from the PP company" Correct me please we have a GP from Stagmeier on his P?P work and
thats all he is involved in, Right?
Thanks Dan for your patience
Russell

LITTLEELVISDAN
06-03-10, 12:18 AM
SP? means i have no idea how to spell the word. Basically it means the spelling is questionable.

cad08stsv
06-03-10, 12:24 AM
Good Night everyone,
Thank you Dan Spelling is not my best side either.
Now I know.
Russell

LITTLEELVISDAN
06-04-10, 05:41 PM
Spoke ti steigmeir today. Bob was out so I am waiting for his call. Here's to hopping for a good deal....

Florian
06-06-10, 07:17 PM
Spoke ti steigmeir today. Bob was out so I am waiting for his call. Here's to hopping for a good deal....

Dan,

Would you be willing to share pricing here after speaking with Stegmeir?

F

LITTLEELVISDAN
06-09-10, 10:10 PM
Absolutely. That's the whole point

Florian
06-09-10, 10:22 PM
thank you, sir!

F

UCSmotorsport
06-15-10, 09:00 PM
Well F'n Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
The blowers are here in front of me(well, in my office)...i've see them with my own eyes!!
If you are on the list of members interested and still are interested please PM me and give me your contact info and zip code and i can work a shipping quote for each one.
Sorry to all as to how long this took to put together.I have been traveling a lot and trying to put this together while on the road. I hate it myself when people promise something and cant deliver so i can understand all the frustration. I can assure you i am feeling a little more at ease seeing them all here. Hope to talk with you soon

Psycho-albanian
06-15-10, 09:38 PM
:confused:Any pics of these ported and polished blowers?

Florian
06-15-10, 10:39 PM
How bout some pix for the gang here?

F

UCSmotorsport
06-15-10, 10:46 PM
there may be some port/polish pics now in the ported blowers thread...i do not have any. I think coach123 is the only one ( i know of) with a ported unit. the ones i get are OEM untouched replacement parts.

pic of the 5 i got the other day..phone pic so quality not so good.

They are in sealed bags to prevent contamination. I would rather not open each one. See my album for pics (remember OEM not ported)

fast impala
06-16-10, 10:06 AM
USC, PM sent.

LITTLEELVISDAN
06-16-10, 06:27 PM
USC PM sent... cleaned out my PM box so I shold get your reply now

LITTLEELVISDAN
06-16-10, 06:30 PM
what would be shipping for a group of them going to steigmeir in MO?

UCSmotorsport
06-16-10, 10:48 PM
well that sux...i guess i havent been a member long enough to PM members back. I swear i did it the other day. Well for those that PM me please include an e-mail and i will try to respond that way. I'll look into this to see if it can be changed.
On another note i have some 6.5 mm heavy duty boxes that should be here in the next day or so to ship these blowers out in.
I will look into maybe a pallet truck ship to Steigmeir for multiple units and we can figure out pricing the shipping after getting a total.

rwwrrr
06-19-10, 01:23 PM
I cant send PM either. My zip is 93720 Fresno, California...

coach123
06-22-10, 01:26 PM
Bump... Curious about this

Florian
07-28-10, 09:58 PM
any news, UCS?

F

fast impala
07-29-10, 10:18 AM
I sent e-mail to UCS on 6-16. He said he would get back with payment and shipping info. Frankly, it doesn't look like he is that interested in making this happen.

We've been waiting four months, and that's unacceptable to me.

I've lost interest in it.

UCSmotorsport
08-03-10, 08:32 AM
well in a nut shell...payed for 10, got 6 and been fighting to either recoup money from my supplier or some other form of reciprocity from this A hole.
I have not been sure which way this would go or if i was going to have to return them for some reason that is pretty much the reason for my absense but i still have them if anyone is interested. I PMed everyone on the list about a week ago but it seems that many are not interested anymore. I have only heard back from 2 of the 10 on the list so i can only assume some are of the thinking of fast impala ie not interested. I would hope some of you would still be interested in moding your cars and this is a good way to do so without molesting your original parts.

STS_Chiller
08-03-10, 08:07 PM
well in a nut shell...payed for 10, got 6 and been fighting to either recoup money from my supplier or some other form of reciprocity from this A hole.
I have not been sure which way this would go or if i was going to have to return them for some reason that is pretty much the reason for my absense but i still have them if anyone is interested. I PMed everyone on the list about a week ago but it seems that many are not interested anymore. I have only heard back from 2 of the 10 on the list so i can only assume some are of the thinking of fast impala ie not interested. I would hope some of you would still be interested in moding your cars and this is a good way to do so without molesting your original parts.

Wow these are awesome, are they complete like pics in your album? Pm me price I might take one if you have one left after members on list.

LITTLEELVISDAN
08-04-10, 01:15 AM
Been out of country for a while. Sorry for late response to your pm. Getting back next week

UCSmotorsport
08-05-10, 12:12 PM
Wow these are awesome, are they complete like pics in your album? Pm me price I might take one if you have one left after members on list.
yup just like the pics; they don't come with injectors though

PM sent

UCSmotorsport
08-05-10, 12:12 PM
Been out of country for a while. Sorry for late response to your pm. Getting back next week

no worries contact me when you return

STS_Chiller
10-04-10, 12:32 PM
I bought one of these Blowers from UCS and have to say it looks great. I wish I could afford more, we plan on adapting to cars other than the STS! Shipping was fast what more can I say.

1madstsv
10-04-10, 02:20 PM
I would like one if u still have some left. Thanks Ryan

CMNTMXR57
10-05-10, 12:09 PM
As with everyone else, prices...

Florian
10-05-10, 01:32 PM
As with everyone else, prices...

read the thread.

F

CMNTMXR57
10-05-10, 01:55 PM
I'm not reading 11 pages on a slow loading board, that's a PITA to read in the first place.

UCSmotorsport
10-05-10, 07:22 PM
well for those just tuning in (from post #27)

" As most all of you know the financial troubles GM has gotten themselves into over the past year. The “bean counters” (don’t mean to offend) have subsequently ordered the “thinning” of the company which translates to get rid of everything that is possible in the surplus areas. It is usually true for them to cover the possible warranty parts issues for 10 years but from the warehouses full of auction parts I have seen it is truly amazing what is getting dished off. I have a few associates that base their salaries off of moving these parts from surplus or auction to either profit via scrap or resale to third party suppliers. It turns out I got the call to help identify what exactly they were and found out that they were intended to be sold to a aftermarket car company to be reconfigured for use on another vehicle. While this deal is still pending I have arranged the opportunity to offer them for their intended use on the STS V and XLR V.I am also looking to some of you to reconfirm it is in fact the same blower on those two cars. So after this lengthy explanation I come to the meat and ‘taters of pricing. Suggested retail is over $3000 for these units and I believe places like GM parts direct and GM parts place sell them for around $2700 plus shipping (if they have them)and we all know how the “stealerships” treat us all. I can sell these for $1250.00 to forum members with shipping costs depending on the buyer’s location. I did a quick worst case scenario with a shipping price from Michigan to San Diego and it was still only around $160.
I think this is more than fair and I am not looking to get rich off this as reflected in the $1250 pricing. It just so happens my best friend has an STS V and this is how it all came about.
I will try to post what pics I have in my album (UCSmotorsport) or a link (I will take some better higher res pics when possible).
I need to gauge the serious interest in these blowers to reserve whatever number I will need.
Thanks for lookin Read more at http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-sts-v-series-forum/195745-blowers-available-2.html?kcplink=1Read more at http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-sts-v-series-forum/195745-blowers-available-2.html?kcplink=1

feel free to ask if there is any info you need....shipping may be higher than originaly thought due to large package shipping charges.
thanks

RippyPartsDept
10-05-10, 07:32 PM
do you guys still need to know if they are the same blower (sts-v/xlr-v)?

UCSmotorsport
10-05-10, 07:36 PM
do you guys still need to know if they are the same blower (sts-v/xlr-v)?

Any info appreciated...thanks

UCSmotorsport
10-05-10, 07:38 PM
I would like one if u still have some left. Thanks Ryan

PM sent

RippyPartsDept
10-05-10, 08:41 PM
same supercharger #12602083, make sense since they have the same LC3 engine

UCSmotorsport
10-05-10, 09:07 PM
same supercharger #12602083, make sense since they have the same LC3 engine

rippy this unit was used for every year the STS-V / XLR-V was produced correct?

RippyPartsDept
10-05-10, 09:48 PM
[only one 8 in that part number, i edited my post you quoted, you might want to edit your quote of my post]

ok to clarify that part number is used on all LC3 4.4L engines
2006-2009 STS-V
2006-2009 XLR-V

not sure why they didn't do an SRX-V (but now we've got the CTS-V Sport Wagon i guess)

UCSmotorsport
10-05-10, 10:10 PM
thanks rippy....good info for all

RippyPartsDept
10-05-10, 10:51 PM
no prob, anytime