: Just got Escalade. Question...

///M Eater
03-24-10, 07:54 PM
Hey guys,
I just picked up a 2010 Escalade Platinum. It is a beautiful car but I tried out "M" mode last night and when I downshifted, it seemed like it was real rough. It didn't raise the revs or anything. I was in 2nd and I slowed to maybe 10mph and then shifted to first and it was like shifting into 1st on a standard from 2nd and just letting the clutch out. It didnt really rev up or anything. Why didnt it do this? Do I manually have to press the accelerator to bring the revs up? Thanks.

steve841
03-24-10, 09:46 PM
No answer ... but my thoughts: I tried that once on my Lade .... I found it to be useless. To me, it's just there for "looks" and not much else. The tow/haul button was far more noticeable ...

///M Eater
03-24-10, 10:21 PM
I would like to use it while towing because i would rather like to tell it what gear to be in, but i wont want to use it and downshift if it doesnt raise the rpms if you know what i mean.

Alien
03-24-10, 10:52 PM
I thought when I read up on it ..all your doing is manually shifting.... Your just controlling the tranny.... not engine speed... Instead of moving the lever like on past years, your just pushing + or - , but it's the same operation as before... nothing effects the engine trottle...

Merc
03-25-10, 12:18 AM
//M Eater - be sure to post some pics of your new ride. Does your Platinum version have the LED lights or do they all come with them since it is a platinum?

hcvone
03-25-10, 08:50 AM
The m just puts it in manual and you have to use the + or - to shift, if you want to go faster push the gas pedal more, I use it when I am towing in the mountains and want to keep it in a certain gear. :)