: looking for motor or options

tino160
03-24-10, 12:19 PM
I just got a 06 sts-v, it was a stolen recovery without enging/trans and a few missing underhood parts. I was looking for a motor and trans, But would also consider getting the whole front clip off a totaled car so I would have some of the missing parts.(we all know how much the little things cost at the dealer) One more thing does anyone know how much the chassis electrical systems tie in to the engine and trans? I was thinking of doing a ls2 4l60e swap in the car if I have trouble finding the 4.4sc lc3. Thanks for any info.

meekna
03-24-10, 02:51 PM
there is an engine for sale on ebay, only 25mi on the clock

[URLhttp://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cadillac-STS-V-4-4-Supercharged-Northstar-25-Miles-T-O_W0QQitemZ220285217025QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_C ar_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item334a05a901"ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cadillac-STS-V-4-4-Supercharged-Northstar-25-Miles-T-O_W0QQitemZ220285217025QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_C ar_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item334a05a901)[/URL]

PGA2B
03-24-10, 03:15 PM
CAN Bus system. I understand it is VERY difficult and expensive to swap a motor into it.

LITTLEELVISDAN
03-24-10, 07:38 PM
call Jesse at WAIT4ME performance. He has a 06 engine, trans, harness, dash for sale. A tree fell on his 06 and totaled it. He should have everything you will need to put yours back together.

TimmyC
03-24-10, 11:18 PM
Was that the one from interstate auto? It looked like that one was just missing the supercharger but it never came up on their website so I couldn't find out.

TimmyC
03-24-10, 11:20 PM
I think an LS3 with a 6l80e or 6l50 would be cool. I was considering doing this in a car I'm fixing before I found the correct motor for it. I have some info if you decide to go that route.

tino160
03-25-10, 12:28 AM
I got it off ebay, stolen recovery. The motor trans and few underhood parts were taken. I will call Jesse, I still like the idea of a magnacharged ls2 with a paddle shifted 4l60e.
I will get some wiring schematics and see what can be done. Thanks for the info.

jedhead
03-25-10, 12:59 AM
There were some new engine and transmission combo for sale here:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/northstar-performance-technical-discussion/186914-who-wants-needs-brand-new-supercharged.html

Bob

CIWS
03-25-10, 08:25 AM
I got it off ebay, stolen recovery. The motor trans and few underhood parts were taken. I will call Jesse, I still like the idea of a magnacharged ls2 with a paddle shifted 4l60e.
I will get some wiring schematics and see what can be done. Thanks for the info.

LS9 crate motor - Do it !

YouTube- Doit

tino160
03-25-10, 02:58 PM
No problem you buy it for me and I will put it in:bouncy: I like the 4.4 sc lc3 , But I allways thought thats what it should have come with, The ls9 would put all those renntech benzes in thier place!

tino160
03-25-10, 05:09 PM
Ok so a 2wd 6l80 trans out of an escalade should fool the trans related electronics.(Same tranny but with ls bellhousing) Now I need to get the ls to fool the engine related electronics. I need to find the sensor values from the 4.4sc and see what they are. Most important I am thinking will be tps- throttle position sensor,iat - intake air temp , boost/vac, VTT(that one may be tough) May have to swap in a VTT ls, and mabey crank position sensor. I will find out the values used in the new cts-v(ls9 should have all the same type of sensors needed), if the values are the same it should be a pretty simple swap. Hell I may try the 4.4 sc lc3 ecm. Just need to adjust the firing order/injector order on the harness. What do you think?

cad08stsv
03-25-10, 06:21 PM
Good Afternoon, Tino 160,
If I read your post correctly, you want to install a LS2 with a 4L60E? It is my experence that a 4L60E is a weak link in my 96 Impala SS, granted the engine was only an LT1, but add some HP to it and the first thing to go is the trans.
I put in a SC LT4 with LS! ingnition and had a trans failure out of the gate at Englishtown. The corvettes at the time were running 4L80E which is a much stronger trans. The out come of this story is if you don't intend to put any
serious HP in the engine the 4L60E will work just fine, however if you do intend to run some hight HP then choose wisely in your transmission choices. Hope this help. By the way I wound up installing a Viper T-56, which will take a 1000 HP
Russell

Redxped1
03-25-10, 07:48 PM
A 4l60 will take abuse for awhile till u start throwing alot of power at it or beating the crap out of it. If you get a built 4l60 it will take it all day long. The vette also came with the 4l60 till 2005 and in 2006 they got the same trans we have it was the trucks that got the 4l80 The trailblazer ss dosent even have the 4l80. And im pritty sure gm had a test mule with a ls2 combo i think theres a link some were on this forum for it.

I dont see why you couldnt you just gotta be one hell of a wireing master.

Redxped1
03-25-10, 07:55 PM
check out this deville with a 572bbc in it
YouTube- 2003 572 Cadi

meekna
03-25-10, 08:26 PM
:shocked::yeah:

tino160
03-26-10, 03:33 AM
See my post # 11 for the latest plan. I would have to go with the 6l80 from an escalade, not a 4l60 as I was thinking at first. I agree that in stock form the 4l60 is not a super strong tranny (it took 3 builds before i got it right in my 69' camaro single turbo ls1 car -660hp- I had a built 200r4 that worked great, But I wanted to have paddle shifters and had to go electronic) Now that has me thinking:bigroll: CTS-V paddle shifter setup in the STS-V? I swear I must have car a.d.d. one thing at a time.

TimmyC
03-26-10, 10:30 AM
See my post # 11 for the latest plan. I would have to go with the 6l80 from an escalade, not a 4l60 as I was thinking at first. I agree that in stock form the 4l60 is not a super strong tranny (it took 3 builds before i got it right in my 69' camaro single turbo ls1 car -660hp- I had a built 200r4 that worked great, But I wanted to have paddle shifters and had to go electronic) Now that has me thinking:bigroll: CTS-V paddle shifter setup in the STS-V? I swear I must have car a.d.d. one thing at a time.

I had a similar plan at one time so I did some research. The LC3 ecm is an e67 and it looks for a 58x crank signal and a 4x cam signal. The LS3 and later LS2s use those same signals. I was going to use the Cadillac harness and ecm with a 6l50 (since I have a standard STS, not a V). Re routing the harness for the different firing order is what I was going to do too.

I did not get to the point of looking into the throttle control but I bet that is the same too. The VVT will just go to the default if the sensors are not hooked up and you can eliminate the SES light with HPtuners or EFIlive.

If you are looking to do a moderate power setup I have an L92 (6.2 aluminum) shortblock and a 6l50 transmission. You could get an L92 bellhousing from the dealer for $100 and use the two together. Let me know if you are interested in either of those. I want to help out if you decide to go this route.

TimmyC
03-26-10, 10:38 AM
I just checked out ebay and that is the V that I was thinking of. Interstate Auto in SD had it on their "coming soon" page but it never hit the main page. They must have sold it to the guy you got it from right away.

I saw that car on one of the insurance auction sites and noticed that it had the wrong motor and shifter but the description didn't say anything about it.

Resetting and fixing the blown airbag is going to cost $450+. Schram has airbags for $225 and you have to go to the dealer to get the seat belt buckles for $140 each. They have charges just like the airbag and once they're blown, they're blown. Then you take the airbag module from under the console and send it in to myairbags.com and they reset it for $50.

That looks like a fun project and I think you got a good price.

Suaveat69
05-21-10, 04:53 AM
I think an LS3 with a 6l80e or 6l50 would be cool. I was considering doing this in a car I'm fixing before I found the correct motor for it. I have some info if you decide to go that route.

Can you give any details of this?