: Pirelli Efori@ SUCK (BEWARE EXTREME RANT)

PGA2B
03-23-10, 10:32 PM
So I have 50% tread life left and can't stand the noise from these tires. They are the worst crap and poorest excuse for a tire I have had since the first generation of Goodyear Gatorbacks (that you took your life in your hands everytime you got caught in the rain). I can't wait to get these off my car!!:bomb: They are SOOOOOOO F&@%$ing loud! I sound like a 4x4 with Super Swamper mud tires. I can't believe Pirelli even claims these. Their other tires are in a different league than these, and don't even get me started on how much they are Raping us on the price of these. Even in the run flat arena there are so much better tires out there for far less money. For what our cars stickered they could have come up with a better tire option than this.

OK, rant over.....

LITTLEELVISDAN
03-23-10, 11:19 PM
that's why none of us have put them back on. Toyo T-1R's FTW!!!

jedhead
03-24-10, 03:14 AM
I noticed that Tire Rack and Discount Tires don't carry these tires anymore. I replaced mine although they had 50% tread left because they sucked so bad. I have Continental Contact Extreme DSW all seasons. I like them so far. A little soft on the inital turn in, but they stick well in the dry and better than expected in the wet.

Bob

Gusteve
03-24-10, 10:32 AM
I've been seriously considering the Hankook V12's. About $180 ea for the rears. How bad can they be?

Anyone have experience with these?

Red Snake
03-24-10, 11:12 AM
Pirelli Efori@ SUCK

Word. :yup:

PGA2B
03-24-10, 11:12 AM
I've been seriously considering the Hankook V12's. About $180 ea for the rears. How bad can they be?

Anyone have experience with these?

Those are exactally what I am getting. I have heard nothing but good things about them. There are a lot of Vette owners that are using them with excellent results.

bobs-sts-v
03-24-10, 11:35 AM
Was just talking to my tire guy yesterday, and he vehemently opposed even considering the V12 tires for my car. Main complaint is poor tread wear. Considering the way I drive in the summer, spending $1K for only a summer's worth of tread life is NOT what I am looking for. BTW, the reason I am looking is because the GY GSD3's I put on two summers ago are toast. Biggest problem was they were extremely noisy long before they were toast, and they have to go. Fronts are down to the wear bars.

Dan - what size Toyo's you got on your rims, since I don't think they make them in stock sizes for our car? Are they stock rims?

Bob

PGA2B
03-24-10, 11:40 AM
Dan - what size Toyo's you got on your rims, since I don't think they make them in stock sizes for our car? Are they stock rims?

Bob

Bob- They do make them in our stock size.

Part numbers on the Toyo's are as follows:

255/45/18 PN# 245920
275/40/19 PN# 246150

Gusteve
03-24-10, 11:50 AM
Was just talking to my tire guy yesterday, and he vehemently opposed even considering the V12 tires for my car. Main complaint is poor tread wear. Considering the way I drive in the summer, spending $1K for only a summer's worth of tread life is NOT what I am looking for.
Bob

Well, I'll ask again - How bad can the V12's be? I'm looking at roughly $800 for a full set, vs. $1700+ for anything else. If I had to buy 2 new rears every year (at about $400 total for the pair), I'd be way ahead. Even if I had to buy a complete set each year, I'd be net even.

But - if they suck as a tire, it wouldn't be worth the savings. In my case, I'm running Blizzak WS60's in the winter, so I'll only put about 7k miles per year on whatever summer tires I buy.

I'd be real curious to hear more first-hand accounts about the V12's.

[edit] - here's a review by Car and Driver: http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/comparisons/09q2/tire_test_nine_affordable_summer_tires_take_on_the _michelin_ps2-comparison_tests/hankook_ventus_v12_evo_page_10 Of course - they didn't test overall tread wear.

Here's a Tire-Rack survey compilation: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/surveydisplay.jsp?type=MP

cadillac94pimpin
03-24-10, 12:51 PM
Well, I'll ask again - How bad can the V12's be? I'm looking at roughly $800 for a full set, vs. $1700+ for anything else. If I had to buy 2 new rears every year (at about $400 total for the pair), I'd be way ahead. Even if I had to buy a complete set each year, I'd be net even.

But - if they suck as a tire, it wouldn't be worth the savings. In my case, I'm running Blizzak WS60's in the winter, so I'll only put about 7k miles per year on whatever summer tires I buy.

I'd be real curious to hear more first-hand accounts about the V12's.

[edit] - here's a review by Car and Driver: http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/comparisons/09q2/tire_test_nine_affordable_summer_tires_take_on_the _michelin_ps2-comparison_tests/hankook_ventus_v12_evo_page_10 Of course - they didn't test overall tread wear.

Here's a Tire-Rack survey compilation: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/surveydisplay.jsp?type=MP

I have had all 4 Hankooks on for about 1,000 miles now
For the money I think there pretty good. Dry traction was better then I expected. Wet is not so great but I can deal with that. It seems like a very soft tire though so Im not sure what kind of wear I should expect. I have 22" Hankook's on my Fleetwood and the tread wear was horrible. They were a different model tire though so I thought I would give the v12's a try.
So far so good for the price but if they wear out faster then the stocks I would not be very happy.

A lot of the good reviews on the Hankooks were coming from people who have much smaller cars then we do and I think that has something to do with the overall performance each person is describing.

Before I put the Hankooks on I had the stocks up front and I came across 2 used Bridgestone RE050's. WOW now that was an amazing tire it stuck to the road like glue and handled great in the rain even with different tires up front.
They are just so expensive and I was told I would be lucky to get 10,000 miles out of them so they were not an option.

If these v12's last a while I will be very pleased. If not I will more then likely try out the bridgestone serenity's (pretty expensive but they come with a good warranty) or the 760 pole position much cheaper but a good tire.

bobs-sts-v
03-24-10, 03:02 PM
Bob- They do make them in our stock size.

Part numbers on the Toyo's are as follows:

255/45/18 PN# 245920
275/40/19 PN# 246150

Yeah, my mistake. Not listed on TireRack - guess Toyo doesn't want to sell their tires through TR.

Bob

CIWS
03-24-10, 03:50 PM
Man we just don't have good luck with most tires out there on this car.

LITTLEELVISDAN
03-24-10, 07:16 PM
Do a google on toyo tires and find the link to the NJ tire store. They were $100 lower per rear tire than everyone else

LITTLEELVISDAN
03-24-10, 07:26 PM
I think, Ill look for my invoice

LITTLEELVISDAN
03-24-10, 07:35 PM
HERE IT IS

https://www.tiresavings.com/

Toyo Proxes T1-R 275/40ZR19 $ 274.00 x 2 = 548.00
Toyo Proxes T1-R 255/45ZR18 $ 218.00 x 2 = 436.00
UPS Ground Shipping: 0.00
Sales Tax: 0.00
Total: 984.00

jedhead
03-25-10, 12:54 AM
I paid just over $1000 for my Continental Extreme DWS with a 50k warranty at Discount Tire direct. They are a little soft on turn in but handle well for all season tires. They handle very good in the rain.

Bob

csf
03-25-10, 11:36 AM
I do agree the Pirellis are the worst tires I've ever driven on. There should be a class action suit or something. I replaced them with Bridgestone 960AS Pole Positions (high perfromance all seasons) from Tire Rack. They are a huge improvement. I did not buy summer tires as I am hoping buying an all season will give me a longer lasting tire even though I am giving up some performance.

I like the STS-V alot, but the tire situation is very frustrating. The tire size is somewhat unusual so there are not alot of choices, and of course they are expensive. With the staggered sizes, there is no ability to rotate tires. The trunk cannot accomodate a full size spare, and there is no available mini spare which can clear the size of the brake calipers. And the tire repair kits can damage the TPMS sensors. So if you don't buy run flats you are SOS if you get a flat. It is what it is, but I'm sure Cadillac could have thought this ourt a little better. Oh . . . and the brake pads create more brake dust then any car I've owned - a simple 10 minute drive to the grocery store is all it takes to dirty the wheels. But besides this it is really a great car.

Berger 93
03-25-10, 12:15 PM
If you think the Pirellis are bad, try the Goodyear Eagle F1 All Season . . . Now THAT tire is f'ing noisy . . . I'm running Bridgestone Turanza Serenity . . . not a bad tire, still a bit of noise . . . I swear it is just an annoying feature of large diameter wheels and low profile tires . . .

Oh also on the GY's they wore more than 50% of their tread depth in leass than 5,000 miles . . . ? . . . grr . . .

dhemrick
03-25-10, 04:22 PM
If you think the Pirellis are bad, try the Goodyear Eagle F1 All Season . . . Now THAT tire is f'ing noisy . . . I'm running Bridgestone Turanza Serenity . . . not a bad tire, still a bit of noise . . . I swear it is just an annoying feature of large diameter wheels and low profile tires . . .

Oh also on the GY's they wore more than 50% of their tread depth in leass than 5,000 miles . . . ? . . . grr . . .

I agree. The Pirelli's suck, and I thought I was doing something good by replacing them with the Goodyear F1 All Seasons. They were so noisy by 10000 miles, I had to replace them. I replaced them with the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus (http://www.cadillacforums.com/dtcs/findTireDetailStaggered.do?rcz=27518&mps=-50&yr=2006&pc=35217-35362&cf=false&vid=010316&ct=tireSearchForm&rc=NCRINT) and have been very happy with them. 15000 miles and they are still quiet and have plenty of tread left.

bobs-sts-v
03-25-10, 05:56 PM
Does anyone have any info - other than what I got on TireRack and the 1010Tires.com sites - for the Dunlop Sport Maxx TT or the Continental Extreme Contact DW tires? Both similar in price, and both come standard for our rims. Also saw the Yokohama S.Drive is also now available for us, and is the cheapest option. But I am not really worried about price - just performance. Still have the Toyo T1R on the fence as well. HELP!! :banghead:

Bob

Cataract
03-25-10, 06:06 PM
I had Sport Maxx on my last car, I really liked them. Seemed to be a good performance tire for the money. Had them for 2 summers, ended up splitting one of the rears due to my negative camber wearing the inside a little more than the outside.. But that would have happened to any tire. As for comparing Sport Maxx to your other choices, I am not sure. How are the reviews on tirerack when compared to the other tires?

I can't wait till I'm done with my runflats so I can upgrade to a summer tire too. How much are they running for our car??

CIWS
03-25-10, 06:55 PM
Looks like I'm about to get a new rear tire, as I found this as I got home this afternoon.

http://www.ciws.net/stsv/nailreartire.jpg

LITTLEELVISDAN
03-25-10, 11:12 PM
Bob I think you would be verry happy with the T1-r's... I love them. Quiet as can be and an excellent traction tire. Wear is much better than my previous pilots.

PS I do beat the snot out of them as well

bobs-sts-v
03-26-10, 12:09 AM
[QUOTE=Cataract;2192227]I had Sport Maxx on my last car, I really liked them. Seemed to be a good performance tire for the money. Had them for 2 summers, ended up splitting one of the rears due to my negative camber wearing the inside a little more than the outside.. But that would have happened to any tire. As for comparing Sport Maxx to your other choices, I am not sure. How are the reviews on tirerack when compared to the other tires?

The new Sport Maxx TT has very few reviews so far (2). But on TireRacks testing, it beat the Continental SportContact 3, the Advan Sport and the PZero Rosso. It is currently ranked #1 for MaxPerformance Summer tires by TR.

Still thinking about those Toyo T1R's Dan. Just a little harder to get out by me, since most of local tire reps don't put on many Toyo tires, except for the ricers. Not sure if I want a "ricer tire" on my bad-ass American car. Better warranty with the Dunlops, but . . . . . . :bighead:

SVT Gator
03-26-10, 09:46 AM
I agree. The Pirelli's suck, and I thought I was doing something good by replacing them with the Goodyear F1 All Seasons. They were so noisy by 10000 miles, I had to replace them. I replaced them with the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus (http://www.cadillacforums.com/dtcs/findTireDetailStaggered.do?rcz=27518&mps=-50&yr=2006&pc=35217-35362&cf=false&vid=010316&ct=tireSearchForm&rc=NCRINT) and have been very happy with them. 15000 miles and they are still quiet and have plenty of tread left.

Did you notice any drop in fuel economy with the Michelins? I put a set of Pilot Sport A/S on my Lincoln LS a while back and the average economy dropped a full 2 mpg. Needless to say, I was shocked and very disappointed. Aside from that, the tires were great - handled well, quiet, good in the snow, etc. Given that our Vs are mpg-challenged as it is, I would like to know if the Pilot Sports make it worse. :spin: :spin:

LITTLEELVISDAN
03-26-10, 09:53 AM
buy them off the link I posted and have your Caddy dealer put them on for you. That's how I do it.

The reason the ricer crowd like them is because they are super grippy when you heat them up and ride better than any other tire out there. They hold up to our massive weight as well.

You could always go the Bridgestone RE050's same grip, not ricey, but more $$

Besides I think they look great on the car. the tread pattern and squareness of the tire doesn't make the car look like a touring sedan (DTS). It has more of a corvette look fron the rear

SVT Gator
03-26-10, 10:09 AM
I noticed that Tire Rack and Discount Tires don't carry these tires anymore. I replaced mine although they had 50% tread left because they sucked so bad. I have Continental Contact Extreme DSW all seasons. I like them so far. A little soft on the inital turn in, but they stick well in the dry and better than expected in the wet.

Bob

I checked both websites yesterday and it looks like Discount Tire still carries the Eufori@s, in both of our sizes, while Tire Rack only carries the rear. Of course, the prices are out of sight... :shocked2:

LITTLEELVISDAN
03-26-10, 10:09 AM
http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc213/littleelvisdan/IMG_1665.jpg

LITTLEELVISDAN
03-26-10, 10:10 AM
http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc213/littleelvisdan/IMG_1663.jpg

LITTLEELVISDAN
03-26-10, 10:12 AM
http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc213/littleelvisdan/IMG_1846.jpg

nlharter
03-26-10, 10:38 AM
If someone does want to put the Euforia's back on theirs, I have a new set of the front pair I would sell. They have not been put on the car yet.

dhemrick
03-26-10, 11:24 PM
Did you notice any drop in fuel economy with the Michelins? I put a set of Pilot Sport A/S on my Lincoln LS a while back and the average economy dropped a full 2 mpg. Needless to say, I was shocked and very disappointed. Aside from that, the tires were great - handled well, quiet, good in the snow, etc. Given that our Vs are mpg-challenged as it is, I would like to know if the Pilot Sports make it worse. :spin: :spin:

No, I didn't notice any appreciable difference in MPG.

CIWS
03-27-10, 10:57 AM
No, I didn't notice any appreciable difference in MPG.

Yeah I didn't really notice any MPG change.

SVT Gator
03-27-10, 11:24 AM
Yeah I didn't really notice any MPG change.

Cool, thanks for the feedback. Maybe Michelin addressed this when they hung the "Plus" name on the tire. Thanks!

super10lbz
04-02-10, 02:40 PM
nlharter,
Shoot me an email about your stock front tires

super10lbz@yahoo.com

PGA2B
04-02-10, 03:29 PM
nlharter,
Shoot me an email about your stock front tires

super10lbz@yahoo.com

Send him a PM in case he does not see this post;)

super10lbz
04-02-10, 03:39 PM
Wont let me, says I am not member for a long enough period of time.

Thanks

CIWS
04-02-10, 06:23 PM
Since you only have a few posts on the forum it will not let you send PMs, that's to prevent spammers who join simply to spam the members PM boxes.