: Do Not Reactivate Xm - possible scam?

rabid
08-19-04, 10:57 PM
This message will probably be moved, but, I don't visit any of the other Forum Rooms, so I will post it here.

I did not reactivate my subscription to XM Radio after the first free 3 months. I received a call today from someone claiming to be from XM Radio, letting me know of a new feature/offer for XM Radio.

They told me that they now offer a station where you can play a playlist that you, the listener, can create online.

I was told that I could choose any song, any artist, and the playlist could be any length.

This playlist would be unique to each subscriber and would be sent to a channel. I could listen to the songs in the order I created them or shuffle mode.

I went to www.xmradio.com (the website I was told to go for) to create my playlist but found nothing about this feature.

After talking on the phone for 90 minutes with 5 different representatives at XM, not one heard of this promotion (even the supervisor) and obviously were very nice and made sure I didn't get charged.

Just letting everyone know that if someone calls about this offer, it's bullshit.

steve711
08-20-04, 01:33 AM
Thanks will look out for it :hmm:

cjp85
08-20-04, 03:25 AM
probably someone trying to get credit card #'s

jdodman
08-20-04, 05:58 AM
Not to hyjack this thread, but I know of 3 people who have purchased new GM vehicles with XM as a trial free sample for 3 months, who, after 3 months just kept getting the signal and no bill. All of these folks are into the 6th and 7th month with no cost. I guess they have a hole in their billing system that will eventually get plugged...
I of course paid ahead for 3 years... :hmm:

T_Dogg8
08-20-04, 07:50 AM
Not to hyjack this thread, but I know of 3 people who have purchased new GM vehicles with XM as a trial free sample for 3 months, who, after 3 months just kept getting the signal and no bill. All of these folks are into the 6th and 7th month with no cost. I guess they have a hole in their billing system that will eventually get plugged...
I of course paid ahead for 3 years... :hmm:

interesting and i'm not surprised. i don't think they have to pay extra for more people to listen so it's probably something that can slip through a crack and no one notices since it's not like they're getting more costs assiociated with it.

T_Dogg8
08-20-04, 07:51 AM
probably someone trying to get credit card #'s
i bet you're exactly right.

rabid
08-20-04, 10:07 AM
i bet you're exactly right.

I made sure I did not give any credit card information to her.

The woman who called me had my name, address, phone number, make and year of vehicle, etc. She said the bill would be mailed to me.

She called and asked me why I did not renew my subscription. I told her I could not find a station that played only songs I like. She then told me about this new "feature." It might have been a real XM salesperson who just told me something to get me to renew the subscription. (sounds like my dealership)

I obviously was rather skeptical about this awesome new feature. I made sure I asked the right questions where the answers could only describe the feature I described to you. (Come on, I would pay $20/month for this feature)

The woman told me she was going to record the conversation (I know most sales calls do this). I mentioned this to the supervisor I talked to later on who told me that if they have the recording, it's not good news for the salesperson. :tisk:

msheri01
08-20-04, 05:35 PM
in regard to the billing, there was a promotion about a year ago that gave Cadillac purchasers the first year of XM free, and if they did not buy a car with XM, they got a skyfi radio with one year prepaid. That is most likely the reason they are not being billed.

FASSTWOOD
08-21-04, 12:30 AM
Yeah I Think it one year also. Mercedes-Benz Gives you 14 months if you get sirius.