: Introducing... Me and the caddy.

D0ughb0y
03-21-10, 11:31 PM
Greetings,

I've been browsing the forum for a while. There is a bit of a long story behind my car (2002 DTS).

It was my fathers. He bought it about 5 or 6 years ago with a blown motor for almost nothing and put a new motor in it. He loved the car. In August, my father passed away and I've taken the car.

This weekend, we were finally able to get the title taken care of and transferred it into my name. I took about 6-7 hours yesterday washing, waxing, polishing the wheels, going through the interior to vacuum it, wiping down all of the leather, and trying to get it in tip-top shape.

She'll be dropped off with a good friend of mine for a complete checkup to make sure that everything is in perfect working order. Since the car has been sitting for a while, the tires are shot so I'll be ordering new ones. I think I'm going to go with Pirelli PZero Neros. Any comments or suggestions are welcome.

Anyway, now for pics:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v304/D0ughB0y/Dads%20Stuff/Caddy/IMG_1789.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v304/D0ughB0y/Dads%20Stuff/Caddy/IMG_1791.jpg

Thanks for taking a look.

Rolex
03-22-10, 12:04 AM
:welcome5:

Glad to have ya. :wave:

77CDV
03-22-10, 12:08 AM
:welcome:

Beautiful ride! Your dad had very good taste.

orconn
03-22-10, 12:25 AM
Welcome to the Forum! A very nice legacy from your father, looks like you are getting off on the right foot by giving her a thorough cleaning and having her gone over to catch any problems before you put her back in service. Best of luck with your lovelly Deville and I hope the Forum comes in handy.

ryannel2003
03-22-10, 01:16 AM
Beautiful! Sterling Silver is such a great color for the Deville DTS. I hope you enjoy it!

VEGASELDO91
03-22-10, 01:41 AM
Welcome to the forums!! Beautiful Cadillac it's great it is staying in the family!

Kick94sts
03-22-10, 02:22 AM
Looks great!!!

blue07cts
03-22-10, 03:28 AM
WELCOME!!!! love that DTS!

ben.gators
03-22-10, 06:45 AM
welcome aboard,very nice and great car. :welcome:

Just for curiosity, you said 5-6 years ago your dad bought it with a blown engine. So at that time the car was pretty new. Do you know what was the reason of blown engine? and was not car under factory warranty? or incident was out of warranty regulations?

V-Eight
03-22-10, 10:42 AM
Welcome, your car is a beauty.

D0ughb0y
03-22-10, 10:59 AM
welcome aboard,very nice and great car. :welcome:

Just for curiosity, you said 5-6 years ago your dad bought it with a blown engine. So at that time the car was pretty new. Do you know what was the reason of blown engine? and was not car under factory warranty? or incident was out of warranty regulations?

I'm not sure what the exact circumstances around the car when he got it. My mother and father were going through a rather nasty divorce and I didn't want any part of any of it. As it was, there was enough tension and problems.

I remember him getting the car for what he decribed as 'super cheap, but it needs a motor'. He did have a lot of things going on, so maybe he did some work for someone (construction), but that's all water under the bridge now.

The work was done at the dealership, so perhaps it was waranty replacement. I know the car has a clean title, no liens, and transferred over without issue.

Now that you ask that question, it does seem rather strange. The car is only 7-8 years old. He's had it for most of that time.

There are a lot of unanswered questions that I'm trying to put together due to a serious lack of communication between my father and everyone else in his life.

billc83
03-22-10, 12:25 PM
Greetings and salutations.

DJLATIN
03-22-10, 12:28 PM
Hello from a new member to another new member. :)

RightTurn
03-22-10, 05:29 PM
:cowboy: Howdy. Nice ride. :thumbsup:

Ranger
03-22-10, 06:25 PM
:welcome:

tr's-cts
03-22-10, 07:02 PM
Very nice.....and welcome!