: my dog died today

cadi509
03-21-10, 08:26 PM
Ive had him for 2 yrs and to me my pets are part of my family kind of like a child to me. He got outside and we just weren't paying attention I guess but he got hit by a car, its really hard for me and my girlfriend. On the plus side my dads springer spaniel just bred with a female springer so I'll be getting one of them, but still it won't be the same. His name was ace he was a manchester terrier no special dog but to me he was my child, he died in my arms. Oh and its my birthday today what a present

Jesda
03-21-10, 08:29 PM
Poor Ace :( :( :(

Got pics of him?

gary88
03-21-10, 08:29 PM
Damn, sorry to hear it :(

Rolex
03-21-10, 08:41 PM
BTDT.

Sorry for the loss of your friend.

hueterm
03-21-10, 08:46 PM
SO SO sorry....

When I was 13 or so, mine was hit by a car on Thanksgiving Day....I can relate.

Your new one will help!

gdwriter
03-21-10, 08:51 PM
My condolences; my dog and cat and family, too. They're all special in our eyes.

Good to know that you'll soon have another dog to give a loving home to.

RightTurn
03-21-10, 08:56 PM
:( So sorry to hear this. RIP, Ace.

c5 rv
03-21-10, 11:03 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss. It brings back sad memories from our losses of pets.

billc83
03-21-10, 11:11 PM
Everything everyone else has said. Sorry for your loss.

77CDV
03-21-10, 11:46 PM
Wow. I'm so sorry to hear about your dog. People without pets just don't quite understand how much they can mean to those who do.

orconn
03-22-10, 12:15 AM
Each pet is unique and each carves a special niche in our hearts that remains throughout our lives. My wife and I have had seven dogs over the last 38 years ... and each is with us everyday in our memories. I know Ace will have a special place. You are fortunate that another pup will be coming into your soon and all that you learned from Ace will help you to know and love the new one all the more.

dkozloski
03-22-10, 12:27 AM
The death of a pet is a time of much sorrow. You have my condolences.

VEGASELDO91
03-22-10, 02:30 AM
My sincere condolences; I remember when I was a child my dad ran over the family dog Sheeba while backing out of the driveway. I had never seen my Mother cry that much before; Sheeba died whimpering in her arms in the driveway.

blue07cts
03-22-10, 03:14 AM
Sorry to hear that man, my dog and my cat are the closest things i have to children right now, I feel for ya man, you have my condolences.

Kick94sts
03-22-10, 03:17 AM
I would cry for days if either one of my cats died.

V-Eight
03-22-10, 10:40 AM
Dude, I'm sorry to hear that. You have my condolences.

cooncat
03-22-10, 12:22 PM
I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your dear Ace. Yes, our pets are our children. I have a cat who is my child and I had known him since he was born 13 years ago. It will destroy me when he goes.

Take care.

Sandy
03-23-10, 01:27 PM
I have had 3 dogs over 35 years. 1st live 11 years, second lived 9 and the thirs 15. the latter 2 were show dogs, Afghan Hounds. 3 times my heart was broken. Lesson learned - no more dogs. I miss them, alot, and think of them often, but no dog will ever break my heart, again. Too much for me, now, at age 63.

dkozloski
03-23-10, 02:58 PM
I have had 3 dogs over 35 years. 1st live 11 years, second lived 9 and the thirs 15. the latter 2 were show dogs, Afghan Hounds. 3 times my heart was broken. Lesson learned - no more dogs. I miss them, alot, and think of them often, but no dog will ever break my heart, again. Too much for me, now, at age 63.
Young squirts have such tender sensibilities.

93DevilleUSMC
03-23-10, 09:33 PM
I just had a dream last night about playing with my dog Faith, who I found dead two years go, by the roadside. I remember when I posted my thread about it, I got pages of support on here. You're in for a long road of grief on this, man, but rest assured, we aren't goin to let you walk it alone. :-)

orconn
03-24-10, 12:19 AM
I must admit that I have only lost my dogs to the scourges of old age, but I will say that I consider the replacement of my departed dog with a new companion to be the strongest testament to the love and joy that my now deceased pet brought to me and my family. While each of our dogs has been a special member of the family there will always be a place for a new friend to bring anew the pleasure that a pet can bring our home. Best of luck with your new Springer pup I am sure he will bring a new facet to your life!

dkozloski
03-24-10, 02:36 PM
Here is a tender song to help you through your time of sorrow.
YouTube- Smothers Brothers Since My Canary Died

CIWS
03-24-10, 04:22 PM
May I Go Now?

May I Go? May I go now?
Do you think the time is right?
May I say good-bye to pain-filled days
and endless lonely nights?

Iíve lived my life and done my best,
an example tried to be.
So can I take that step beyond
and set my spirit free?

I didnít want to go at first,
I fought with all my might.
But something seems to draw me now
to a warm and loving light.

I want to go. I really do.
Itís difficult to stay.
But I will try as best I can
to live just one more day,

To give you time to care for me
and share your love and fears.
I know youíre sad and so afraid,
because I see your tears.

Iíll not be far, I promise that,
and hope youíll always know
that my spirit will be close to you,
wherever you may go.

Thank you so for loving me.
You know I love you too.
Thatís why itís hard to say good-bye
and end this life with you.

So hold me now, just one more time
and let me hear you say,
because you care so much for me,
youíll let me go today.

ó Susan A. Jackson

Gary Wells
03-24-10, 10:48 PM
I would wish you Happy Birthday, but I know that it's not. I recently lost my cat of 22 years and I was heartbroken, but I knew that he was in pain and could not last forever. Soon thereafter my neighbors across the street had to move and could not take all of their animals. They gave me 2 beautiful grey American Shorthair cats, brother and sister, about 4 years old. The male somehow got out the night that I got him and his sister and I were heartbroken . After a month I saw what looked like the male across the street at their old house and I captured him. I am sorry for your grief but I am glad to hear that you have another dog coming.

Jesda
03-24-10, 11:22 PM
Dogs Don't Have Souls, Do They?
I remember bringing you home. You were so small and cuddly with your tiny paws and soft fur.
You bounced around the room with eyes flashing and ears flopping.
Once in a while, you'd let out a little yelp just to let me know this was your territory.
Making a mess of the house and chewing on everything in sight became a passion, and when I scolded you, you just put your head down and looked up at me with those innocent eyes, as if to say, "I'm sorry, but I'll do it again as soon as you're not watching."
As you got older, you protected me by looking out the window and barking at everyone who walked by.
When I had a tough day at work, you would be waiting for me with your tail wagging just to say, "Welcome home. I missed you. "You never had a bad day, and I could always count on you to be there for me.
When I sat down to read the paper and watch TV, you would hop on my lap, looking for attention. You never asked for anything more than for me to pat your head so you could go to sleep with your head over my leg.
As you got older, you moved around more slowly. Then, one day, old age finally took its toll, and you couldn't stand on those wobbly legs anymore. I knelt down and patted you lying there, trying to make you young again. You just looked up at me as if to say you were old and tired and that after all these years of not asking for anything, you had to ask me for one last favor. With tears in my eyes, I drove you one last time to the vet. One last time, you were lying next to me.
For some strange reason, you were able to stand up in the animal hospital, perhaps it was your sense of pride.
As the vet led you away, you stopped for an instant, turned your head and looked at me as if to say, "Thank you for taking care of me.

I thought, "No... thank you for taking care of me."
By Chuck Wells

hueterm
03-24-10, 11:49 PM
OK -- that's sad....

codewize
03-24-10, 11:53 PM
I've been avoiding opening this thread because I can't take the loss of dogs. My dog is like my son and when that time comes I'll be devastated for a long time.

I'm so sorry to hear the news.

tr's-cts
03-25-10, 06:22 PM
Sorry to hear about your buddy!. Seems we all have been down this road. I've lost one due to being hit by a motorcycle...and 2 to old age. Now I watch my buddy have a hard time getting around. She'll be 8 soon. Dampness and cold weather are not her friend. She has hip dysplaisya (sp).

Destroyer
03-25-10, 10:55 PM
I've been waiting for my dog to die for years, she simply won't. 3 years ago we (wife and I) considered putting her down because the vet said she was in bad shape. Now at 14 she is still kicking and in good shape other than being deaf and having bad eye sight. Sorry for your loss.

Destroyer
03-26-10, 12:11 AM
Dogs Don't Have Souls, Do They?
I remember bringing you home. You were so small and cuddly with your tiny paws and soft fur.
You bounced around the room with eyes flashing and ears flopping.
Once in a while, you'd let out a little yelp just to let me know this was your territory.
Making a mess of the house and chewing on everything in sight became a passion, and when I scolded you, you just put your head down and looked up at me with those innocent eyes, as if to say, "I'm sorry, but I'll do it again as soon as you're not watching."
As you got older, you protected me by looking out the window and barking at everyone who walked by.
When I had a tough day at work, you would be waiting for me with your tail wagging just to say, "Welcome home. I missed you. "You never had a bad day, and I could always count on you to be there for me.
When I sat down to read the paper and watch TV, you would hop on my lap, looking for attention. You never asked for anything more than for me to pat your head so you could go to sleep with your head over my leg.
As you got older, you moved around more slowly. Then, one day, old age finally took its toll, and you couldn't stand on those wobbly legs anymore. I knelt down and patted you lying there, trying to make you young again. You just looked up at me as if to say you were old and tired and that after all these years of not asking for anything, you had to ask me for one last favor. With tears in my eyes, I drove you one last time to the vet. One last time, you were lying next to me.
For some strange reason, you were able to stand up in the animal hospital, perhaps it was your sense of pride.
As the vet led you away, you stopped for an instant, turned your head and looked at me as if to say, "Thank you for taking care of me.

I thought, "No... thank you for taking care of me."
By Chuck Wells
This is gay, really really gay but it touched me. Damn it! I'm gonna go watch some f'ing football or something now. :alchi: