: wind noise thru door windows

eric96816
03-20-10, 01:32 AM
I own an 04 XLR and am experiencing wind noise starting at about 50MPH coming in thru the vertical weather window seal on the quarter glass (just behind the occupant's head). Has anyone experienced this?? Do I need to get the seals replaced? It appears the seals are lined with felt. Does anyone have a part number?

ccclarke
03-20-10, 03:33 AM
Stupid question Eric: Are your windows initialized and going up all the way to the seals? --If not, lower them and continue holding the switch in the down position for 3-5 seconds, then raise them and hold the switch for 3-5 seconds afer they reach the top.

There's an adjustment procedure for the quarter windows in the shop manual that might fix the problem if they're out of alignment. Before you get the seals replaced, (I don't remember them being cheap) you might have the dealer try to adjust them.

If you need parts/seal info, try the parts catalog on gmpartsdirect.com. Enter the year/make/model and navigate to the area you want. You'll save around 40% as well.

CC

eric96816
03-21-10, 09:38 PM
Thanks for your response, CC. I will go thru the procedure you mention and if required, follow up with the service dept at the Cadillac dealer.