: hot car

torched10
03-20-10, 12:51 AM
it was 75 today in Atl and took my car downtown twice, Bith times it git prettyt warm in the car with no heat truned on-- is this normal---my wife hates opening the windo,and outting the aur on whane its not hot outside--any thoughts--bob

silverws6ta
03-20-10, 12:55 AM
it was 75 today in Atl and took my car downtown twice, Bith times it git prettyt warm in the car with no heat truned on-- is this normal---my wife hates opening the windo,and outting the aur on whane its not hot outside--any thoughts--bob

Normal -- Same here in Upstate SC today on 85.. I opened the front and rear windows a bit and left the A/C off..

jwall09
03-20-10, 01:40 AM
I find if the heat settings are warm/hot, even with heater off it still allows hot air to blow out. I notice the same in winter, if the settings are cold, even with heat off it blows cold air. You can barely feel it, but it builds up over time.

Onalaska
03-20-10, 07:44 PM
Check the temperature control on the rear console for the back seat. I have found that if this control is turned to warm or hot the whole console will get warm even if the heater is not on.

cadillac94pimpin
03-22-10, 12:37 PM
I find if the heat settings are warm/hot, even with heater off it still allows hot air to blow out. I notice the same in winter, if the settings are cold, even with heat off it blows cold air. You can barely feel it, but it builds up over time.

This happens in both Cadillacs I have. You have to turn the heat all the way down and then turn it off.