: saw my first STS on the road

airbalancer
08-19-04, 05:46 PM
saw grey car turn in front of me on my way home today.
at first though it was a CTS,but it looked to longer , had a spoiler, the rear light look different and cool.
They were LED lights .
it also had rear assist parking.
that about all I could see,as had to turn to go home
STS look nice

majax
08-20-04, 03:37 PM
you didn't follow it :rolleyes2 ;)

airbalancer
08-20-04, 06:45 PM
it was after 6 PM and I was on the road at before 7 am, it was time to get some food at home

majax
08-24-04, 12:30 AM
thats cool that it has the LED tailights and stop light. I've always loved those LED stoplights. Im dead positive the Deville has LED tailights.

Ralph
08-24-04, 01:24 AM
Im dead positive the Deville has LED tailights.

You're dead correct. ;) My Dad's '03 DTS has them, and I've noticed how much brighter and quicker they lightup over bulbs, and they are supposed to last longer and require less energy.

Geez Air, we don't even get the brochures yet! :confused:

airbalancer
08-24-04, 07:59 AM
While it be will hard to get a new STS as the wife does not like the front ends of the CTS so she will not like the STS.
She wants the Pontiac Solstice next http://www.gmcanada.com/english/vehicles/pontiac/solstice/sols_gallery.html
nice looking car,
We would keep the STS to drive the grandkids around.
Since she drives the cars I cannot really tell her what to get.
Besides I want get a Sierra Denali pick up next for truck :lildevil:

gothicaleigh
08-24-04, 10:05 AM
While it be will hard to get a new STS as the wife does not like the front ends of the CTS so she will not like the STS.
She wants the Pontiac Solstice next http://www.gmcanada.com/english/vehicles/pontiac/solstice/sols_gallery.html
nice looking car,
We would keep the STS to drive the grandkids around.
Since she drives the cars I cannot really tell her what to get.
Besides I want get a Sierra Denali pick up next for truck :lildevil:

If she wants a small roadster like the Solstice (which I must say is the best thing to come out of Pontiac in a long time, if not ever) there is no way she is going to be interested in a luxury sport sedan. They are two completely different animals.

Also about the STS rear lighting:
Yes, the vertical tail lamps will be LED (ala the DTS), but the CHMSL will be a neon strip like the rest of the Sigma vehicles. Advantages to neon over LED is that it is quicker, longer lasting, and instead of appearing as a series of dots(like the current generation SeVille) it illuminates in a constant line.

airbalancer
08-24-04, 11:42 AM
[QUOTE=gothicaleigh]If she wants a small roadster like the Solstice (which I must say is the best thing to come out of Pontiac in a long time, if not ever) there is no way she is going to be interested in a luxury sport sedan. They are two completely different animals.

I never know what she likes! But I guess that is what marriage is for. Her to think of something and me to guess what she is thinking.

She does like to drive the STS, she also klike her GP GT with the head up display.

But she really like to have a small roadster to curise in. So a small Solstice in the $20k range would be a nice to tool around in.
It will less costly then a BMW OR MB

majax
08-25-04, 12:50 AM
Airbalancer, get an XLR ;) or a nice Allante' lol

Thats pretty cool about the neon brake lamp! You know I think the STS was the first car ever to have the brake lamp on the trunk lid and be LED. Maybe it wasnt but I think it may have really started the trunk mounted brake lamp thing. I'm prob wrong.

airbalancer
08-25-04, 07:00 AM
[QUOTE=majax]Airbalancer, get an XLR ;) or a nice Allante' lolQUOTE]
Get a XLR =sell house
Get a solstice=vacation

gothicaleigh
08-25-04, 09:32 AM
Everyone would want an XLR (but not to live out of :p ).
From what I have been hearing about the Solstice, you won't be dissappointed if you go that route though. Sounds like it will be an American Miata and the production version that GM has been touring at car shows looks very high-quality and well designed for being in the $20k range. If it lives up to the hype, I may be tempted to get one for a summer-weekend car to beat around in... (and that is saying a lot as I have no love for Pontiac)

megeebee
08-25-04, 01:02 PM
Airbalancer, get an XLR ;) or a nice Allante' lol

Thats pretty cool about the neon brake lamp! You know I think the STS was the first car ever to have the brake lamp on the trunk lid and be LED. Maybe it wasnt but I think it may have really started the trunk mounted brake lamp thing. I'm prob wrong.

....no, I think you're right. The 1992 Seville was the first production car to sport the full-width third brake light. The Allante's was a small circle integrated in to the wreath and crest debuting for '87.