: pcv valve

CadiGeorge
08-19-04, 04:29 PM
Where is the pcv valve located on the 2001 Deville and how do you get to it? :hmm:

mcowden
08-19-04, 10:55 PM
It's on the valve cover of the rear cylinder bank on the passenger side. It sits in a rubber grommet and has a plastic hose running to it with a flexible rubber elbow connected to the valve. It just pulls right up out of the grommet. No tools necessary. This is a 10 second change. I'll try to post a photo if you're having trouble finding it and no one else has suggestions.

Good luck...

LCLCLC
08-20-04, 02:12 AM
Didn't someone on here say that starting about 2001 or so, there is no PCV valve? There is something like a pipe with just a restriction? Nothing to ever be changed?

mcowden
08-20-04, 10:38 AM
That's a distinct possibility, but I don't know for sure. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

CadiGeorge
08-22-04, 04:28 PM
I looked all over the rear valve cover but didn't see it. Thanks for your effort though.

peteski
08-23-04, 02:45 AM
Didn't someone on here say that starting about 2001 or so, there is no PCV valve? There is something like a pipe with just a restriction? Nothing to ever be changed?

I think geno castellano mentioned that. It is just an orfice (permanent part of the engine)..
No replacement needed or possible.

Peteski

CadiGeorge
08-23-04, 04:23 PM
thnx

Geno Castellano
08-23-04, 04:30 PM
Where is the pcv valve located on the 2001 Deville and how do you get to it? :hmm:

There is no PCV valve. Just the permanent, fixed orifice in the cam cover. The fixed orifice allows an onboard diagnostic for the PCV system as required by the onboard diagnostic requirements for the EPA. Eliminates one more thing to go wrong or service. If the system fails to perform correctly it will set a code.