: Motorpoint BLS Manuals

iaincr
03-19-10, 08:07 AM
Anyone managed to get theirs from Motorpoint yet. I spoke to them a few minutes ago and they are apologising and saying they will be in within 7-10 days!

6 weeks and counting! Just as well its a cracking car for the money!

Billy1958
03-20-10, 07:48 AM
Not me.... seems to be the same story!

Mazuk
03-26-10, 07:05 AM
I received a nice "case" containing the manuals this morning.I received 2007 manuals with the BLS and the new ones are 2006 manuals.No covering letter from Motorpoint and I never asked for "new" manuals!I would really like to know where the unsold spares etc. ended up after the administration exercise.

caddykev
03-28-10, 06:14 PM
Hi Guys,
Got mine from Truro diesels. Mine came with all the manuals. Anyone else get the little black case inscribed with ' Cadillac ' containing the the torch, tyre pressure gauge and pen?

Mazuk
03-29-10, 12:22 PM
caddykev--and the window hammer and the gloves and the two yellow "jackets" and the ice scraper and a first aid kit!And a torch but no pen or pressure gauge found yet.

S70RMP
03-29-10, 12:42 PM
window hammer ? torch ? I never got these items !

this is shocking your all jumping on the band wagon and I was one of the 1st and I get nothing ! shocking :helpless:

:crying2:

Billy1958
03-30-10, 08:26 AM
Did any of you get the free holiday in the Bahamas...... ok, me neither but did get my 06 saloon books when mines a wagon... and no service book to stamp.... infotainment doesn't cover the bose system either so not much use all round! Anyway, that little hammer I got is useless at cracking walnuts but my missus says that I don't need to wear the hi visibility jackets when I'm cracking my nuts.... can anyone confirm this? What happened to Lord Alvis... did he cancel his order in the end?

Mazuk
03-30-10, 10:32 AM
My understanding of nutcracking is as follows:

A& B roads-no yellow jacket for all nuts.
Dual carriageway-yellow jacket-walnuts only.
Motorway-yellow jacket for all nuts.

In the interest of safety I suggest you and your wife ware those lovely jackets 24/7 when cracking nuts and perhaps the Cadillac gloves too.Buy your own goggles.Further advice is probably available from Cadillac Europe if you can find a phone number.

Seriously Motorpoint leaves a lot to be desired on the admin side.A couple of us are not 100% clear on the warranty and different cars have received different books and accessories.Still a bargain and nice car.(not at 24k though.)

Billy1958
03-30-10, 03:44 PM
Thanks for those wise words, will keep the gloves secret from my missus and wrap them neatly for a 'special' xmas present... will post a photo of the look on her face next xmas!!!! This is my 4th car from Motorpoint and was a real headache from start to finish but, as you say, worth it for the money.... I almost feel grown up... well... nearly!

Peter K
06-09-10, 02:12 PM
Anyone managed to get theirs from Motorpoint yet. I spoke to them a few minutes ago and they are apologising and saying they will be in within 7-10 days!

6 weeks and counting! Just as well its a cracking car for the money!

Yes got mine but not easy bought new set from Stratstone so now have spare set call me if interested on 07590 255097