: Cuda vs Enzo Ferrari *vid*

Rolex
03-17-10, 08:30 AM
This vid is full of win. Do want sir...do want! :drool:

p1cLfiVSyrw

Submariner409
03-17-10, 10:08 AM
I still want the Ferrari: it looks fast and it's street legal.

Imagine an Enzo in black...........wonder if it runs on 87 octane :eek:

V-Eight
03-17-10, 10:09 AM
Wow, that is going to be one happy customer

Rocket88
03-17-10, 10:33 AM
I'll take either! :)

Destroyer
03-19-10, 10:31 PM
I never liked Ferrari's, don't know why. The Cuda is more of a dream car to me and seeing one spank the fastest Ferrari is just joyous. :p

itschrome
03-19-10, 11:52 PM
let wee that race again but with this

YouTube- UNDERGROUND RACING 1000 HP TWIN TURBO FERRARI F430 SPIDER

instead of the enzo...

Kick94sts
03-21-10, 04:47 PM
I like most super cars but the enzo just looks goofy to me

jedhead
03-21-10, 05:25 PM
I prefer this Ford 252mph in the standing mile:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Uk9vMQRIp1E&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Uk9vMQRIp1E&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Bob

Destroyer
03-22-10, 09:54 PM
I prefer this Ford 252mph in the standing mile:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Uk9vMQRIp1E&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Uk9vMQRIp1E&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Bob
That is wild! :thumbsup:

Submariner409
03-23-10, 11:13 AM
Remember - that's the 4th generation of the Ford that beat Ferrari and Porsche at LeMans in the 60's......so badly that Europe found a way to keep Ford off their tracks for a while, so Ford came back to the U.S. and promptly won the 24 hour Daytona Continental in '66 or '67 - I was there, in the infield. One hell of a car, and the new ones are no slouch, either. Jim Hall's Chaparral was no slowpoke..........

Skiller.
03-23-10, 01:22 PM
Give that thing some wings, lol.

stoveguyy
03-23-10, 11:09 PM
my dad sold fiberglas kit cars in the 70's. kelmark was the brand. they had several upgrades and the top of the line had a olds toronado drivetrain with a big block. you could opt for a corvair transaxle 4sp with a chevy smallblock also. we had 2 demo cars with VW motors. an aircooled model and a 4cyl rabbit motor. the factory demo car had a ZL-1 all aluminum motor that hit 202mph. i know for a fact the olds 455 setup was an absolute torque monster with no wheelspin. nothing on the road at the time could touch it 0-100mph. very reasonable price. 15k out the door.

orconn
03-24-10, 01:01 AM
Remember - that's the 4th generation of the Ford that beat Ferrari and Porsche at LeMans in the 60's......so badly that Europe found a way to keep Ford off their tracks for a while, so Ford came back to the U.S. and promptly won the 24 hour Daytona Continental in '66 or '67 - I was there, in the infield. One hell of a car, and the new ones are no slouch, either. Jim Hall's Chaparral was no slowpoke..........

I never got to see the Ford GT40s in action, although I have seen some of the cars at different times on display. The closest I got to seeing them go was in viewing the movie "Le Mans." A close friend of my wife, who worked in the post production office of the company that was doing that work on the movie, managed to get a copy of the film for a group of SCCA and other sportscar racing driver to have a private showing. Several of the guys there were very well respected drivers at the time: Frank Monise (B & C sports racing), Frankie Monise (Formula 2 Lotus), Dr Lou Sell (Formula 1 Eagles), Barry Blackmoor and Richie Ginther and Dan Gurney. Needless to say it was a memorable night that was well remembered over the years.

Back in early 1968 I had gotten a few sets of water color prints of the GT40s in action on European circuits that Ford Motor Company made available to readers of Road & Track for a small price. I had ordered a couple of sets and they were delivered to me in Ethiopia and I subsequently had them framed and gave them as special trophies to winners of different classes in the "Grand Prix de Massawa" sportscar races that year. Americans were not allowed to race in the event because a previous U.S. driver had wiped out an Ethioppian policeman during a earlier running of the race (it cost the US government many camels to compensate the policeman's family for his loss). So in order to participate I got permission from our command to supply course safety personnel and equipment (we had state of the art fire extinquishers, which were much appreciated, although as it turned not needed) for the running of the Grand Prix. As a former Italian colony car racing was very popular and competitve among the remaining Italian residents of Eritrea. The awards dinner for the event was held in the banquet hall of H.I.M. Emperor Haile Salaisse's palace in Massawa, and as a presenter I was honored with a seat at the dignitaries' head table. I hadn't anticipated the honor, but as a result met the Emperor for the first time. Everyone at the dinner was very impressed with the work we American servicemen had done in providing course safety and the framed GT40 picture recipients recipients really seemed to like and enjoy the Ford prints they received. Italians always seem to appreciate an excellent automobile regardless of who made it!

Submariner409
03-24-10, 02:30 PM
At one of the late 60's Daytona 24 hour races my ex and I were in the infield - again. A pair of Harley Sportsters rolled by, ridden by a black leather studded man and woman. (Not boy and girl: man and woman.) The woman was wearing an extremely brief studded halter top; the man, a vest. Across the man's back in gleaming brass was "I am society".

This ^^^ was one of the trips from Charleston, SC and back in a friend's Cadillac hearse. 2 in front, 2 in the middle, and 2 in the rear in lawn chairs. We were well received in the infield, even 42 years ago..............

For a real eye opener, get to Hong Kong. Parked along the streets, on the hills, in the gutters, are every sort of Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche - you name it - common as ricers in DC........and there's no place in HK to go over about 40 mph !!! Well, maybe in the Kowloon/HK tunnels, but not much more.

orconn
03-24-10, 06:29 PM
can believe that there is a plethora of exotic cars in Hong Kong. Many years ago (long before the repatriation of Hong Kong to the PRC) Hong Kong had the third highest number of Rolls Royces of anyplace in the world behind Switzerland and California. I imagine this ranking has changed significantly in more recent years. Hong Kong and Shanghai are two of the biggest markets for designer labels in the world closely followed by Japan and South Korean. Where there's wealth there seems to be a universal need to show others that you've made it!

Stingroo
03-24-10, 06:55 PM
Hong Kong has more Rolls Royces per capita today than anywhere else on Earth.

It's one of the little factoids you see when you play Forza Motorsport 3.

Destroyer
03-25-10, 11:24 PM
my dad sold fiberglas kit cars in the 70's. kelmark was the brand. they had several upgrades and the top of the line had a olds toronado drivetrain with a big block. I remember those. They were very cool and used Olds motors which are (in my opinion) the best sounding V8's of the muscle car era.

concorso
03-26-10, 12:52 PM
Remember - that's the 4th generation of the Ford that beat Ferrari and Porsche at LeMans in the 60's......so badly that Europe found a way to keep Ford off their tracks for a while, so Ford came back to the U.S. and promptly won the 24 hour Daytona Continental in '66 or '67 - I was there, in the infield. One hell of a car, and the new ones are no slouch, either. Jim Hall's Chaparral was no slowpoke..........The new ones might not be a slow, but they wont keep up with a Z rated Caddy!

Kick94sts
03-26-10, 04:35 PM
The new ones might not be a slow, but they wont keep up with a Z rated Caddy!

:lol: