: Made the deal!

ozmt
03-16-10, 11:41 PM
Just bought a 2008 STS-V! Raven black with black interior. Now I have to wait a week for truck delivery. Can hardly stand to wait.
Sold my 04 CTS-V last week. I feel the need for speed!

Any hints or surprises that I can expect?

I tried the vin decoder in another thread. Anyone know if all of the items that show up checked are items that are on my V?

Thanks!

PGA2B
03-17-10, 09:42 AM
Welcome to the club!

I suggest you look at the Free Intake Mod thread for starters. These are not as friendly to mod as the CTS V you are use to. Our mod market is much more limited due to low production numbers of the STS V.

Did you get the CPO?

ozmt
03-17-10, 10:22 PM
No CPO but will purchase the GMPP as soon as it arrives on the truck.
I ran the vin decoder listed in another forum. I guess mine is one of only 6 or so that doesn't have a sunroof. Kind of interesting.
Gonna be fun!

fast_lane10
03-17-10, 11:57 PM
Congrats on your new acquisition. Just curious ..did yo u buy it from Cadi Auto in Villa Park IL? I looked at it as it was a good deal but i wanted a sunroof.

lavi

Cataract
03-18-10, 12:10 PM
Congrats! Perfect timing for spring! Where are you from?

ozmt
03-18-10, 09:03 PM
yes cadiauto. His website says it has a sunroof, but when i run the vin, sunroof is not listed in the codes. I guess i'll find out in a week or so when it arrives.
I am in sin city....Las Vegas

ozmt
03-18-10, 09:05 PM
Lavi.did you see the car or just the online ad? If you saw it, tell me what you thought of it. I had an independent guy look at it for me and gave it a thumbs up..

fast_lane10
03-18-10, 11:45 PM
I did look at the car and to me it looked pretty sharp .. and clean ..it was parked inside and as i wasn't gonna buy I didn't bother to ask for a test drive. It definitely does not have sun roof and i believe only one was made without sunroof in 2008. If it had a sunroof i might have thought about making the deal myself. I was looking at some cars on west coast but add shipping and air ticket (i am little hesitant to buy a car without looking a it myself) cost to me goes up even if the deal is good. IF you don't mind can i ask you how much you are paying for shipping?

ozmt
03-19-10, 11:23 PM
$700 for shipping from Chicago to Las Vegas. I don't usually buy cars sight unseen either, but this seems like a pretty good price.
When I run the vin decoder, it shows that 6 were made without sunroofs that year. Here in Vegas, i don't think i've opened mine more that a few times a year.
Thanks for the reply.

LITTLEELVISDAN
03-26-10, 07:32 PM
What vin decoder?

ozmt
03-27-10, 12:19 AM
i don't have the link, but if you type in the search bar, vin decode, it will come up. Works pretty nice. Tells you what your car had when it left the factory and how common or rare it is.

jedhead
03-27-10, 05:09 AM
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php

Bob

ozmt
03-27-10, 11:08 PM
yep that's the one!

Caddy916Squad
04-05-10, 04:25 AM
congrats bro :)

CIWS
04-05-10, 10:33 AM
Congrats and welcome to the STS-V. I would have to say one without a sunroof would seem much more rare, although I do like mine.

ozmt
04-07-10, 07:52 PM
Thanks CIWS. T sold my 2004 cts-v and bought this 08 sts-v. Talk about 2 different cars. The cts-v was more of a thrasher. Loved to run and be beaten about the head and shoulders. The sts-v (all 100 miles i've driven it so far) seems much more refined and feels more substantial and luxurious. Still has quite the firm ride and I definitely don't like the nanny accelerator pedal (and the gas mileage is pretty bad when compared to the cts-v), but I sure like it!
The vin decoder shows is as 1 of 1 made. The most obvious option deleted is the sunroof. Only 6 of 459 in 2008 without the sunroof. Here in Vegas, I rarely opened my sunroofs in the past, so I doubt I'll miss it much.

Big_Caddy
04-12-10, 11:25 PM
FYI - You can hide a lil sack of cronic in between the sunroof and the sunroof panel, if you're into that...

cadillac94pimpin
04-13-10, 11:28 AM
FYI - You can hide a lil sack of cronic in between the sunroof and the sunroof panel, if you're into that...

LMFAO where is that exactly? I usually throw it in the trunk under the plastic that covers the bottom trunk latch. :thumbsup:

Or, tuck it in the headliner by the sunroof.

ozmt
04-14-10, 10:19 PM
Well, I guess my 1 of 6 of 459 built was a special order for a redneck. No need for the chronic stash spot.:alchi: