: 2010 owners, not sure about 2009....

hcvone
03-16-10, 10:04 AM
You can program the tire pressure sensors by pushing the fob door unlock and lock at the same time for 5 seconds, you get the beep and the DIC says "reset tire pressure sensors" and then you can use the method described in the sticky notes or your aftermarket reset tool, not sure if my 09' can do this because it lives at my other home and have not even opened the owners manual for that truck. :(

Tony2
03-16-10, 03:00 PM
Works like a charm on my 2009 Canadian EXT!! Saw this and decided to take factory 22's off and put my aftermarket wheels back on this morning and give it a try. Both sets have sensors in them.

Thanks that saved me a trip to the dealer to get them to program.

As far as what I did was................

1) Emergency brake on
2) Turned truck to on but didnt start
3) Hold lock and unlock on fob for a few seconds
4) Horn honked and displayed in the DIC pressure sensor programming
5) Went to front drivers tire, let air out for a few seconds, horn honked 1 time
6) Went to front passenger tire, let air out for a few seconds, horn honked 1 time
7) Went to rear passenger tire, let air out for a few seconds, horn honked 1 time
8) Went to rear drivers tire, let air out for a few seconds, horn honked 2 times
9) Done!!

Thanks Carl!!

Tony2

evois
03-16-10, 03:58 PM
what does the letting air out do? will it underinflate the tires or is it just to activate the tire sensors?

Alien
03-16-10, 04:42 PM
That triggers the sensor,and in that mode, the vehicle will learn what wheel has what sensor on it.So if passenger rear has a leak it will indicate pass rear. You need to work your way around the vehicle in order.

After the sensor learning, you need to put back the proper air pressure.

hcvone
03-16-10, 06:15 PM
Works like a charm on my 2009 Canadian EXT!! Saw this and decided to take factory 22's off and put my aftermarket wheels back on this morning and give it a try. Both sets have sensors in them.

Thanks that saved me a trip to the dealer to get them to program.

As far as what I did was................

1) Emergency brake on
2) Turned truck to on but didnt start
3) Hold lock and unlock on fob for a few seconds
4) Horn honked and displayed in the DIC pressure sensor programming
5) Went to front drivers tire, let air out for a few seconds, horn honked 1 time
6) Went to front passenger tire, let air out for a few seconds, horn honked 1 time
7) Went to rear passenger tire, let air out for a few seconds, horn honked 1 time
8) Went to rear drivers tire, let air out for a few seconds, horn honked 2 times
9) Done!!

Thanks Carl!!

Tony2

Anytime Tony, glad to know it will work on my 09' too. :)