: The Awesome Roo and Matt themed Florida Meet

Pages : [1] 2

Stingroo
03-16-10, 08:54 AM
Okay, so we're looking at doing a big meet in FL. I mean, sure, a get together is nice and all that, but we want to do some good stuff too. :)

I'm thinking sometime in July is good (summer and such). We can do a fun cruise on the beach, get some food at an outdoor type place and maybe find a car show or something else to hit.

So... questions:

1. Where in FL? I was thinking the Broward/Palm Beach area, or a bit North.
2. What's there to do in July? Anybody know of any events?
3. Anyone interested in going to PBIR for an afternoon, if its open (actually, do they even do track days anymore)?
4. Other suggestions?

Send 'em here. :)

77CDV
03-17-10, 02:47 AM
My information on FL is 20 years out of date. I only remember it being quite flat and more humid than I thought April ought to be. I have complete faith in Roo and Matt to pull off a meet to remember.

Stingroo
03-17-10, 09:46 PM
Flat, yes. I'm fairly certain that the largest hill in Florida is the St. Lucie County dump.

greencadillacmatt
03-19-10, 01:27 AM
YES!!! The ball is rolling now! Been looking around the internet for things to do in Palm Beach in July. Here is what I have found.

The Palm Beach International Raceway has 1/4 Mile Test & Tunes every Wednesday and Friday. That sounds like it would be a BLAST. Especially for those of us who would like to find out how fast our cars can go...

There a about a million beaches around that area, so a beach trip is a must. I think it would be cool. Swimming, fishing, cookout, all that kind of cool stuff.

It is ONLY about 2 hours and 45 minutes from the Palm Beach area to Orlando. We could possibly do a day trip to Universal Studios.

We are definitely open to suggestions. These are just some ideas. Please let us know what you guys want to do and when you are open in July!

77CDV
03-19-10, 02:25 AM
I have the second week in July off. As to what to do in FL, I haven't been there in over 20 years and have no idea what's there now. I'll have to rely on the natives to suss out the happening spots.

Go, Matt and Roo! :)

Stingroo
03-19-10, 09:06 AM
Eh, I'm not too fond of the main theme parks. Too crowded, and everyone gets separated and such.

I'd be down for a Friday test and tune at PBIR. That'd be pretty interesting to see, and might even get some V-guys to attend (I loooove those cars :))

Beach trip, most definitely. I would suggest Sunday for that; Saturday beaches are crowded and annoying with children. Bleh.

So we need a good activity for Friday afternoon, and all of Saturday. I'll scope around and see what we've got open.

Bro-Ham
03-19-10, 09:17 AM
Sting sent word that an event is in the works! Make it a goodie! :)

I have a condensed summer school program through July 22 so I'm trapped in the books until then.

How about cocktails and dinner at someplace memorable and over the top?! The Mai Kai in Ft. Lauderdale comes to mind as a possibility for someplace we'll never forget. It's an original 1950's Tiki mecca where Cadillacs no doubt have graced the parking lot in great numbers for decades! Imagine if the place would consider sponsoring a special Cadillac Night Luau in the parking lot prior to our cocktail party and dinner? They could have a blurb on their sign inviting all Cadillac owners for a special Cadillac cocktail which could be created especially for us and perhaps we could include the Cadillac LaSalle Club for some extra flavor and fun cars to oogle at in addition to all the locals who toddle their way in with their own Cadillacs? Ahhhhh the possibilities!

Craig, you're right, Florida is tropical after springtime starts so get ready! There are beaches and swimming pools plus the oceans are as refreshing and warm as bath water.

Good luck!

Dave

Stingroo
03-19-10, 11:57 AM
Yes! Mai Kai for the WIN. I've only eaten there a handful of times, but it's good food and a really cool atmosphere.

I see that as a definite win for the cruise night. Maybe cruise the Strip, then head to the Mai Kai.

77CDV
03-19-10, 02:25 PM
See, it's all coming together nicely!

greencadillacmatt
03-19-10, 03:51 PM
^^^ Plus one for the Mai Kai! I love tropical-type stuff, and the fact that it's origional just makes it alllllllll the better. A lot full of old Cadillacs would be the coolest. :D

Stingroo
03-19-10, 06:50 PM
Okay, so here's the (semi) official day plan:

Friday: PBIR trip, watch some cars, run some cars, etc. What the heck, it'll be cool! (Jayoldschool: your SS is calling :thumbsup:)
Saturday: TBD (Maybe some golf? I'll play terribly, but there's always the golf carts) SUGGESTIONS GO HERE
Sunday: Sunset beach/strip cruise and evening at the Mai Kai for dinner.
Monday: Farewells, etc. etc.

77CDV
03-20-10, 01:15 AM
Are there any car museums in the area?

Bro-Ham
03-20-10, 01:52 PM
Racing?! I'm a Cadillac guy so you boys have fun with that. I'll meet y'all for cars and cocktails at the Mai Kai though. :)

greencadillacmatt
03-20-10, 04:18 PM
Bro-Ham, don't tell me you've never wanted to see how fast your SDV will go down the drag-strip! I'm sending my Brougham down it, at LEAST once, just to see what the old boat will do. :lildevil:

Stingroo
03-20-10, 08:23 PM
Wagon's going! :D

It'd be fun. Besides, you can watch us and you'll warm up to the idea. :thumbsup:

greencadillacmatt
03-21-10, 03:57 AM
Are there any car museums in the area?

Well, there is one of the nations biggest GM Muscle Car museums in a place called Punta Gorda Florida. The only downside is that it is almost a 3 hour drive from the Palm Beach area. They are open from 9am-5pm Tuesday-Sunday. This is the place, if anyone is interested: http://www.musclecarcity.net/

If that is too much of a drive, I do like Roo's idea of golf. I've never actually been on a legit golf course before, but I think it would be a blast with all of us Forum guys in attendance. :)

Stingroo
03-21-10, 08:31 AM
Yeah, I've never tried golf either (mini golf excluded), but it IS the quintessential Floridian sport of choice, so I figured what the heck. :)

I'll check out if there are any other museums tonight or tomorrow. I'm currently at my grandparent's house.

hueterm
03-21-10, 11:05 AM
Be sure to go to a driving range and hit some, and then maybe play a round or two to make sure you still feel that way at the time of the meet. Golf can be the suck, if well, you suck. There would be better ways to spend the day...

Stingroo
03-22-10, 11:37 AM
True. Any other ideas then, if everyone isn't into golf?

It's more for EVERYONE, so I'm thinking it would be best to cover all bases.

Bro-Ham
03-22-10, 11:55 AM
Bro-Ham, don't tell me you've never wanted to see how fast your SDV will go down the drag-strip! I'm sending my Brougham down it, at LEAST once, just to see what the old boat will do. :lildevil:

Matt, I don't even remotely care how fast my car will go. :)

77CDV
03-22-10, 02:18 PM
About 112 with a good tail wind. Please don't ask how I know this.

Stingroo
03-22-10, 02:24 PM
^ Win.

Brizzal
03-28-10, 11:27 PM
im up for a PBIR meet, any dates set for this yet?

greencadillacmatt
03-29-10, 01:07 AM
^We aren't quite sure yet, but we are thinking some time in July.

Stingroo
03-29-10, 01:10 AM
Oooh... Brizzal, you're in WPB too! Sweet.

No official dates set. We're open to dates, and even more event ideas. Fire 'em up. :D

Stingroo
03-29-10, 01:28 AM
Okay, revising the itinerary a bit.

I found this auto museum:
http://www.ragtopsmotorcars.com/classic-car-museum.html

And this Science Museum:
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g34731-d287757-Reviews-South_Florida_Science_Museum_Dekelboum_Planetarium-West_Palm_Beach_Florida.html

The auto museum is open Saturday's 10-5pm, and it's $5 to get in. I'm thinking epic. And just for Bro-Ham, there's a cocktail bar IN the museum!

greencadillacmatt
03-29-10, 01:43 AM
^^^ Aaaaaand, the place used to be a Cadillac-LaSalle Dealership back in the 20's!

Stingroo
03-29-10, 02:17 AM
http://www.xtremeindoorkarting.com/

This looks like a LOT of fun. We could do this in lieu of the track day. Thoughts?

77CDV
03-29-10, 10:45 PM
I'm loving the museum. Vintage station wagon section FTW!!!

Stingroo
03-29-10, 11:59 PM
Hey, you have to believe I planned that part too. :P

So Craig, what time is good for you? I remember you said sometime in July, but I want to start to ponder some dates, etc.

Bro-Ham
03-30-10, 10:31 AM
And just for Bro-Ham, there's a cocktail bar IN the museum!

Sting, I see "soda bar" - do you need to bring your own scotch? :)

Stingroo
03-30-10, 10:35 AM
http://www.ragtopsmotorcars.com/club-lasalle-roaring-20s.html

:thumbsup:

cooncat
03-30-10, 07:56 PM
Stingroo, you are doing a great job planning this weekend. I wish you the best of luck in getting a huge crowd for this.

Stingroo
03-30-10, 08:25 PM
You should come out. :) And Matt and I scoured the Internet to look for activities (and still are!)

cooncat
03-30-10, 09:00 PM
If I lived in any of the tri-county area. Unfortunately it is a little too far for me. I have two trips this summer, one, a major cruise in 38 days and a trip to New York for Labor Day weekend in which I will be taking the auto train and taking my car with me.

Again, it looks like a great weekend. You are doing a great job.

77CDV
03-31-10, 02:24 AM
Hey, you have to believe I planned that part too. :P

So Craig, what time is good for you? I remember you said sometime in July, but I want to start to ponder some dates, etc.

My vacation is July 12-18.

greencadillacmatt
03-31-10, 03:19 AM
^Can anybody else work with those dates? We are trying to do this as a Friday, Saturday, Sunday meet. That would make it the 16th-18th of July. Just suggesting dates right now, but the sooner we know, the better. Thanks!

Stingroo
03-31-10, 09:12 AM
7/16-7/18 works for me.

Waiting for Sal to chip in on this, and possibly get us a pin :thumbsup:

Bro-Ham
03-31-10, 09:53 PM
Those dates don't work for me since I have summer school through 7/22. I will, however, be in Boca Raton for the Florida Funeral Directors Association Annual Convention July 29 through 31 so I'll be in the neighborhood for fun and festivities if those dates happen to coincide with Cadillac cocktail parties and craziness. :) Whether I'm there or not I hope the Sting/Matt event is a smashingly fun success! And Sting, you better take lots and lots and lots of pictures! :)

Stingroo
03-31-10, 10:01 PM
Anything to do the next week, Craig?

77CDV
04-01-10, 12:52 AM
^Work.

Stingroo
04-01-10, 01:01 AM
Hmm...

Dave, would you be willing to travel with us to the Mai Kai on a Saturday, instead of Sunday? (You know, so as not to be completely wrecked for Monday classes :thumbsup:)

greencadillacmatt
04-01-10, 02:22 AM
For those of you not familiar with the Mai-Kai (like myself) this is a pretty decent description of the place. Looks like a blast-and-a-half! :D

YouTube- Mai-Kai and YouTube- Mai-Kai 2009 commercial

Bro-Ham
04-01-10, 07:56 AM
Hmm...

Dave, would you be willing to travel with us to the Mai Kai on a Saturday, instead of Sunday? (You know, so as not to be completely wrecked for Monday classes :thumbsup:)

Sting, I can't attend the Cad meet if it is before 7/22. My summer school schedule is condensed so it's like a semester in less than 60 days and the dates you proposed are right before finals. One trip to the "other side" of FL is enough for me since I have the convention at the end of July, so if the dates work for me & Cadillacs that's great otherwise I'll send my warm wishes to you all to have a wonderful time!! :) Dave

greencadillacmatt
04-01-10, 03:54 PM
^We'll all make a day trip and pester you anyways... :Poke:

Stingroo
04-01-10, 04:10 PM
I'm in!

Warren_R
04-02-10, 05:22 AM
I'd love to attend any such event, tho not sure about driving my baby cross-country. Could see about renting truck + flatbed, though :D

Stingroo
04-02-10, 07:12 AM
Aw c'mon! Be adventurous! :)

Though, I guess it doesn't matter too much as long as you can cruise some east coast beaches with it. :) The more the merrier, we'd love to have you.

greencadillacmatt
04-02-10, 04:48 PM
Warren, It'd be awesome even if you just flew out and rented a car. We'd all love to see that Caddy of yours though! :)

ShadowLvr400
04-02-10, 07:08 PM
Ok, wish I'd been more active and spotted this sooner. Old Town in Kissimmee, they do Friday and Saturday night cruises/shows. There's a few little restaurants in the area, some rides, and other stuff there. Go Karts for the speedsters :) If we wanted to do something on the east coast of central FL, I might be able to get catering arranged with my buddy and his restaurant. Actually, if he's got the truck by that point, I could just about do it. Hey, for amusement sake, if we find a big open parking lot, we could set up an autocross for the speed junkies. :) *snickering at some of the old caddies pulling that*

Stingroo
04-02-10, 07:29 PM
I heard that we've done a few Old Town meets before. I've never been, personally, but I was thinking we could try something new and different. :)

I'd be all over some wagon autocross. LOL

Brizzal
04-02-10, 09:07 PM
Yea there was an Old town cadillac meet before, it wasnt all it was chalked up to be. We were put in the very back of the show. The first post of this thread sounds the best so far...

Benzilla
04-02-10, 09:37 PM
This sounds great.. Slim chance that I'll make it, but nice to think about. Tight cash + a Cadillac that when run on anything but premium acts like it has sand up it's(umm, nevermind) would be steep. I'm in Chattanooga, might see how far of a trip it would be. I'd be bringing The Phaeton of course. Poor thing hasn't seen a palm tree since if left Cali in '06 when I bought it. Been wanting to get the 425 on a track for four years now.

Ben

Stingroo
04-02-10, 09:43 PM
:D There you go!

Yeah, Brizzal, I'm thinking something like this:

Friday: PBIR (it's the only day it's open for test and tune for our tight schedule)
Saturday: Big museum, looks AWESOME. Maybe the science museum too, but that's debatable, and some good local food.
Sunday: Need something fun to do during the DAY. Cruise down to the Mai Kai so we can arrive around sunset. Epic photo opportunities. Eat, be merry, and part ways that night.

If you know anything fun to do in WPB post it up. Sunday needs something cool, and you live there. I'm up in Stuart. (Actually, I'm home right now :thumbsup: Driving back to Jax on Sunday.)

77CDV
04-02-10, 11:01 PM
Roo, don't feel obligated to hold to my schedule. I'd have to fly in anyway, since it takes a week to drive out and a week to drive back, and I've only got a week's vacation. So, if you have it another weekend, I can try for a 3-day (or more like a 4-day if we're looking at dinner Sunday night). If I can get it, great. If no, well, life sucks and I'll get over it.

Stingroo
04-02-10, 11:12 PM
True, true.

Bro-Ham, if we moved it a week or two, how likely would you be to attend? :)

(Not to be like "Oh, I like Dave more than Craig", cause I like the both of you, but Dave was the one suggesting the Mai Kai and stuff).

Bro-Ham
04-03-10, 09:57 AM
Sting, I appreciate you wanting to be so accommodating! :) Plan around your schedule, not mine, I will try to be there if I can! :)

Stingroo
04-03-10, 10:48 AM
lol You forget, I'll be on SUMMER VACATION. I can do whatever I want. :thumbsup:

Bro-Ham
04-03-10, 12:12 PM
Oh Sting, enjoy those summer vacations while you have them! :) I have so much going on that I can't even imagine what life would be like to take the whole summer off! :) I guess there's no rest for the wicked. :) As I said before, if I came to the Sting/Matt extravaganza it would be a quickie for cocktails. Funerals have to take precedence to Cadillacs for me right now since I have to be swift and serious about my mid-life career change. :) So, I'd love to take a long weekend, even a week or a month to screw around with car activities but it ain't happening this year. Next year is another story so stay tuned... :)

greencadillacmatt
04-03-10, 02:10 PM
Bro-Ham, you need a yellow Hearse in your driveway now. Would look great parked next to your '79!

Bro-Ham
04-03-10, 02:38 PM
Don't forget the matching 79 Fleetwood Limousine in yellow so it's a coordinated set. :)

Stingroo
04-03-10, 03:40 PM
So Dave, can you pencil us in for cocktails and Polynesian food on the 18th? :)

Bro-Ham
04-03-10, 04:31 PM
Summer school ends for me on July 22nd so I can't road trip before then unless you can implant a microchip in my brain that will pass my exams for me. :) I'll be in Boca on the 31st. Remember, my car gets about 2 miles per gallon so two trips over to your side of FL in two weeks makes about as much sense as re-commissioning the Concorde out of mothballs to fly me there - - we sure need drill here/drill immediately (if not sooner!). :) If I may make a suggestion, why not have your gala dinner on a Saturday night? Then the attendees can have Sunday as a farewell/travel day.

Stingroo
04-03-10, 04:41 PM
Hmm... we could do that.

Then do the museum and track both on Friday.

*ponders*

greencadillacmatt
04-03-10, 05:02 PM
Fridays the museum is open from 10am-5pm. And it's only like 20-25 miles or so from the drag strip. We could just head over there from the museum and watch/join in on the track fun! (I may hang out in Florida for an extra day and see the sights. :D)

77CDV
04-03-10, 06:44 PM
I'm liking the idea of dinner on Saturday. Makes travel plans much less stressful.

Stingroo
04-03-10, 08:23 PM
Can do. I'll give the track's website a look over and see what's up, or maybe even move track day a bit earlier, since it seems most of us interested are semi-locals (except Matt, so maybe not...)

Saturday dinner it is then.

We're going to need a really accurate total for dinner, 'cause I KNOW the Mai Kai is a busy place, and we're going to want a reservation.

greencadillacmatt
04-04-10, 02:46 AM
It's all good if we move things up a day. I have no problems taking an extra day off for when we do this. I can still make it down. :D

Warren_R
04-04-10, 07:56 AM
I'm 100% decided to go, it's just a matter of how ... depends on the time I can get off & getting a reliable assessment from my mechanic on whether or not Faustina would be up to a 4500mi RT expedition. But with only 82K on the odometer & drivetrain apparently in good shape, 4500mi doesn't really sound like much. The other choice (duh!) is to fly over & bring some good photos along :D

Stingroo
04-04-10, 09:58 AM
Nice! I've never been to the West coast. I bet that'd be a fun drive though.

77CDV
04-04-10, 02:17 PM
Cross country is an excellent adventure. Done it a fair few times and wouldn't mind doing it again.

Stingroo
04-04-10, 06:16 PM
^ Is that a subtle hint saying we're going to get to meet the '77? :thumbsup:

greencadillacmatt
04-05-10, 12:43 AM
I'm 100% decided to go

AWESOME! That's TWO people from allllllll the way out in Cali. Simply Astounding! :D

77CDV
04-05-10, 01:44 PM
^ Is that a subtle hint saying we're going to get to meet the '77? :thumbsup:

If I had two weeks off, you'd have your wish. Since I only have one week, and it's a four-day drive each way.....:nono:

Stingroo
04-05-10, 01:59 PM
Aw. Can't win 'em all I suppose. :) At least you'll get to tour my sometimes-great state.

And I'm still waiting for Sal to comment on this! He LIVES IN West Palm Beach. I call shenanigans.

Lord Cadillac
04-05-10, 02:04 PM
Since I'm always running around like a chicken without a head, I can't read the whole discussion - so what's the deal? Is it happening around me? What day? Repost some details or link me to the specific post with everything I need to know. :)

Thank you!

Stingroo
04-05-10, 02:06 PM
Details:

Weekend of July 16-18

Possible trip to PBIR for the test and tune day (You know you want to take the BMW :thumbsup:)
There's a huge museum that used to be a LaSalle dealership. Lots of classic cars, $5 to get in. I figure hit that on Saturday.
Then, Saturday night dinner at the Mai Kai, and a cruise down the strip to end it. Expensive, but worth it. Great tiki bar vibe.

ShadowLvr400
04-05-10, 04:51 PM
Hmmmmm..... Test and tune is on the drag strip, what about the road course? :)

Stingroo
04-05-10, 05:54 PM
Not sure. I can call ahead and ask. :thumbsup:

cooncat
04-05-10, 07:58 PM
It sounds like you are getting a great response. I tried to organize some of these over here. It was interesting. One of the things that hurt us was the weather. It seemed to have rained everytime we planned one of these things. I hope and pray for nice weather for your event.

The Old Towne event, even though we were in the back 40, was a great success. We had many members come and we had a great time. It was nice seeing all the Caddy's parked together.

Stingroo
04-05-10, 08:01 PM
You sure there's no way you can make it down, cooncat?

cooncat
04-05-10, 09:02 PM
I wish I could. In a month I will be going on a hugely expensive cruise on the Oasis of the Seas which sails out of Ft. Lauderdale and then on Labor Day weekend I am taking the autotrain to DC and New York. That is going to be a hugely expensive week as well. My funds at this point are very limited. It does seem like it is going to be a great event I would gladly support. But as you can see, I can't this time.

Stingroo
04-06-10, 01:23 AM
Ah. Hope you enjoy your cruise. :)

So anyone else have any other suggestions? I know it's early, and we can think of plenty of things between now and then, but yeah.

Brizzal
04-06-10, 01:50 AM
im up for the drag meet with the cobalt, gotta get some Vs in here :)

Stingroo
04-06-10, 01:53 AM
If Sal would be generous and pin the topic for us... (hint hint :thumbsup:)

greencadillacmatt
04-07-10, 12:58 AM
^^ Nudge Nudge...

Warren_R
04-08-10, 07:10 AM
^^ poke poke ^^

The-Dullahan
04-09-10, 11:55 PM
Flat, yes. I'm fairly certain that the largest hill in Florida is the St. Lucie County dump.

I'm only just finding out about this NOW?

Also, there are HUGE hills in Clermont. I wish it snowed here, those hills would be BEAUTIFUL. There are even some leading towards Lake Minneola that are nearly perfect 45's.

(Be ready for another post to rapidly follow, because I am going to be jumped to the last page and I've only read the first)

Stingroo
04-10-10, 01:50 AM
I have a friend in Clermont. :)

And yes! It's about time you saw this! It would be awesome to have you! You're like my Cadillac-ian cousin (you know, wagon, hearse, yeah, it's all I got).

greencadillacmatt
04-10-10, 03:18 AM
The-Dullahan, it would be awesome if you showed up to our little Cadillac suarez. Bring the hearse, and cruise around in pride. I'd love to see your monstrous machine in action!

Stingroo
04-10-10, 07:21 PM
Agreed. Then I wouldn't be the only longroof in attendance. :)

greencadillacmatt
04-11-10, 04:17 AM
I'll bring the vinyl and duct-tape. We'll hearse-ify the wagon yet!

Stingroo
04-11-10, 10:11 AM
I think I'm afraid of you, sir.

77CDV
04-11-10, 10:04 PM
You should be! Vinyl and duct tape, indeed! :nono:

Stingroo
04-12-10, 12:15 AM
I know man, I know.

greencadillacmatt
04-12-10, 01:44 AM
Shh... otherwise people will think I'm :cookoo:

;)

77CDV
04-12-10, 10:56 PM
^"think"? :lol:

(j/k) ;)

greencadillacmatt
04-14-10, 01:47 AM
So then, we just finalized the dates for the trip. We will be Friday, Saturday, and Sunday July 16th, 17th, and 18th.

Looking forward to meeting all of you in person. :)

greencadillacmatt
04-17-10, 02:34 PM
If it would appease the Cadillac Gods, might I beg of the Mighty and Powerful Sal to pin this thread, in hopes that someday our little gathering in Florida will grow up to be as amazing as we hope it to be?

Stingroo
04-20-10, 12:06 PM
Hey! We got our pin!

Now to make it global... :)

But, that said... I've got a week left of classes, after that I'll get back with the planning aspect, etc. Unless we're pretty much locked in.

billc83
04-20-10, 12:52 PM
Just wanted to stop in and say you're doing a great job organizing the event. Hope to hear it all pans out well; it sounds like you have all the ingredients and gumption to pull off a good meet!

Stingroo
04-20-10, 05:09 PM
Thanks. :)

I even have another wagon friend who may show for some of the festivities. :D

greencadillacmatt
04-21-10, 12:28 AM
YES! The Cadillac Gods have been appeased! Thank-you, Sal! Also, thanks billc83. It seems to be humming along nicely. :)

77CDV
04-21-10, 10:35 PM
Hey! We got our pin!

Does this mean you'll be going steady now? :stirpot:

Stingroo
04-25-10, 02:00 AM
Craig I feel like I missed your joke. :(

So the current guest list is:
Me
Matt
Craig (77CDV)
Warren_R (whose name I assume is Warren?)

And for possibles:
Sal
Brizzal
The-Dullahan

C'mon. :) We should pull at least 10 from this large of a forum.

greencadillacmatt
04-25-10, 02:26 AM
Roo, if you were a guy back in the 1950's you'd give a pin to your "best girl" and it meant that you were "going steady" (dating).

And yes, we definately need some more people in attendance. At LEAST 10. Come on guys!

Oh, and Roo, you forgot two possibles! ShadowLvr400 and Benzilla

Warren_R
04-25-10, 07:57 AM
yes, my real name is Warren ... btw, have you tried a broadcast letter to all site mems in FL? it occurred to me that since this thread is outside the discussion forums of diff Caddy makes, it might not have reached a lot of key limers :D

greencadillacmatt
04-26-10, 03:00 AM
^We were kind of hoping this thread would hit the lounge...

Good idea Warren!

Warren_R
04-26-10, 05:28 AM
/me crosses fingers that Cadillac Gods will favor that :2thumbs:

... and I'm keeping in mind that July is still 2 months down the pike, lots of people are going to come across it before then :)

Stingroo
04-26-10, 07:32 AM
True true. :)

77CDV
04-28-10, 02:41 PM
Roo, if you were a guy back in the 1950's you'd give a pin to your "best girl" and it meant that you were "going steady" (dating).

Hooray! I'm not the only font of arcane knowledge! :D

greencadillacmatt
04-28-10, 05:19 PM
I was the mayor in my school's production of "Bye Bye Birdie" back in 8th Grade. A guy had to know these things...
:D

Brizzal
04-28-10, 10:34 PM
I'll be going for sure. I only live 20 mins from the drag strip (test and tune is Fridays for $25). I know a few people that run car shows in west palm beach, if anyone is up for that.

Stingroo
04-28-10, 11:49 PM
I'm up for anything. :) I'm a bit north of WPB, but I figure whatever, I can hang out for the day.

I wonder what the wagon will run... lol

Night Wolf
05-03-10, 07:20 PM
What are the dates in July?

I'd like to make it.... drag strip would be sweet, I haven't ran the Jeep yet since the lift and 33's.... maybe I'll actually have traction in 1st now! :)

Stingroo
05-03-10, 07:34 PM
July 16-18.

I'd love it if you could show. Your Jeep intrigues me. Even in my flat state. :(

Night Wolf
05-03-10, 07:44 PM
Sweet! I'll plan on it.... probably take that Friday and Monday off to make an extended trip down. My Jeep has driven every mile of I75/I275 and Florida's Turnpike, along with being to the tip of Key West. It was originally purchased in Fort Walton Beach, so it knows FL well :)

Stingroo
05-03-10, 08:02 PM
Nice. :thumbsup: This is going to be a sick meet. :D

greencadillacmatt
05-03-10, 11:59 PM
^Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin!!! :cool2:
I can't wait for this trip. Going to be so epic. Engine swap begins next week!

jayoldschool
05-10-10, 09:44 PM
Can't make it, boys. I'm on vacation in Maine that weekend. Have another one in March and I'll buy the first round!

Jason.

Stingroo
05-10-10, 10:20 PM
I'm down, though I'll only be 20. :P

Seriously though, next time you're in the Fort Lauderdale area, I'd take a ride down. :)

GeneLaw1
05-17-10, 12:24 PM
Craig I feel like I missed your joke. :(

So the current guest list is:
Me
Matt
Craig (77CDV)
Warren_R (whose name I assume is Warren?)

And for possibles:
Sal
Brizzal
The-Dullahan

C'mon. :) We should pull at least 10 from this large of a forum.

Where is this meet going to be held?

Cheers,
Gene

Stingroo
05-17-10, 01:11 PM
West Palm Beach. I'd look for lodging there.

GeneLaw1
05-17-10, 01:40 PM
Okie Dokie, put me down as a definite maybe...thats about 3 hours from Duval, yea?

Stingroo
05-17-10, 02:11 PM
If you fly like a bat out of hell, yeah.

Otherwise, about 4. I made it in 3 and some change at about 90mph.

greencadillacmatt
05-19-10, 06:37 PM
I'll be flying like a Matt Outta Hell come this July. V8 + Cadillac + Highway = So Long Michigan, Hello Florida!

93DevilleUSMC
05-23-10, 06:56 PM
July 16th-18th? Count me in tentatively for Saturday and Sunday.

Stingroo
05-23-10, 08:11 PM
Win. :)

93DevilleUSMC
05-23-10, 09:25 PM
I'm also trying to get GA_ETC to come down, but that's also a tentative thing.

93DevilleUSMC
05-23-10, 09:33 PM
Win. :)

Epic meet shall be epic. I'm looking forward to getting the Deville together with some of the legendary Cadillac iron I've seen on this forum for the last three years.

Stingroo
05-23-10, 10:15 PM
Dude, I hope Austin can come. He's awesome. :)

93DevilleUSMC
05-24-10, 12:13 AM
I'll be flying like a Matt Outta Hell come this July. V8 + Cadillac + Highway = So Long Michigan, Hello Florida!

I'll be interested in hearing how your new 350 does on the highway on a long trip. :thumbsup:

greencadillacmatt
05-24-10, 03:56 AM
I'll be interested in hearing how your new 350 does on the highway on a long trip. :thumbsup:

Me too. I'll be in the garage all day tomorrow playing mad scientist with the accessories. Wish me luck! :bouncy:

93DevilleUSMC
05-24-10, 12:49 PM
Good luck.

blue07cts
05-24-10, 07:16 PM
I just saw this thread today and only because 93 told me about it. count me in fo sho! i have family in WPB that i can stop in and see as well, so this works out awesome for me, anybody in the JAX area wanna do a roadtrain???

Stingroo
05-24-10, 08:06 PM
Sick dude! This is shaping up to be EPIC!

93DevilleUSMC
05-24-10, 10:12 PM
Sick dude! This is shaping up to be EPIC!

Has anyone invited Benzilla?

greencadillacmatt
05-24-10, 11:26 PM
^He said he might show, but was VERY on the fence about it.

Stingroo
05-25-10, 12:16 AM
Yeah, and now with his Phaeton needing repaired (but he's getting that sorted... so hmmm)

If he comes I hope and pray he brings the Phaeton. I want to see it in person so badly. lol

93DevilleUSMC
05-25-10, 07:38 AM
Yeah, and now with his Phaeton needing repaired (but he's getting that sorted... so hmmm)

If he comes I hope and pray he brings the Phaeton. I want to see it in person so badly. lol

With that and Craig's '77, we've got two nice Caddies lined up for the event. Add Matt's '84, and things only get better.

Stingroo
05-25-10, 12:09 PM
Craig is flying in.

Warren_R is driving his Brougham though. :)

Oh, and dibs on first drive in Matt's '84.

After Matt, that is. LOL

greencadillacmatt
05-26-10, 12:15 AM
^One wheel peels all around! :burn:

Stingroo
05-26-10, 07:29 AM
Except for me! :devil:

93DevilleUSMC
05-26-10, 10:00 AM
^One wheel peels all around! :burn:

I want to see this!

Stingroo
05-26-10, 10:46 AM
Hopefully he brings a dummy tire. I'm pretty good for roasting :P

Brizzal
05-26-10, 02:44 PM
i wish i cold bring my deville, but it busy being my lawn ornament right now... but i will bring the balt

Stingroo
05-26-10, 03:09 PM
What's wrong with the DeVille?

Benzilla
05-27-10, 01:00 AM
Hey, y'all be talkin 'bout me! lol

July might be doable, I'll just have to get some figures together on the cost of the trip. Timing isn't an issue though, so who knows. Don't get me wrong, this sounds awesome! The only fence I'm on is the one overlooking the poor house, lol.

-Ben

Stingroo
05-27-10, 08:17 AM
Me too man, me too. lol

Okay so for you out-of-towner guys...

Anyone have anything on lodging yet? Brizzal do you know of any cheap, decent hotels in the area? I can scope the travel sites, but I figure anybody can do that. Just so everyone can maybe bunk in the same place (and we can all crash the hotel later :thumbsup:),

Stingroo
05-27-10, 10:04 PM
So then Sal does this make you a confirmed show for our meet? :)

77CDV
05-28-10, 02:21 AM
Me too man, me too. lol

Okay so for you out-of-towner guys...

Anyone have anything on lodging yet? Brizzal do you know of any cheap, decent hotels in the area? I can scope the travel sites, but I figure anybody can do that. Just so everyone can maybe bunk in the same place (and we can all crash the hotel later :thumbsup:),

See, it's best if someone local suggest places, because left to my own devices, I tend to go for the moderately-priced motel (Best Western and such). I figure, most of the time you're in the room, you're eyes are closed. As long as it's clean and quiet, the rest isn't so important to me.

greencadillacmatt
05-28-10, 07:22 PM
^We should all show up at Sal's house with sleeping bags. ;)

GizmoQ
05-28-10, 08:46 PM

... and tents and camping gear.

Stingroo
05-28-10, 09:06 PM
I could sleep in the wagon, but yeah. That would be sweet. lol

77CDV
05-28-10, 10:50 PM

I'm sure Sal's wife would be thrilled. :lol:

Stingroo
05-29-10, 07:27 AM
You never know until you try, right? :thumbsup:

Stingroo
05-29-10, 05:43 PM
So just as a heads up... we need a new activity for Friday. The drag strip at PBIR isn't available during our weekend for open test and tune.

77CDV
05-29-10, 11:14 PM
Lion Country Safari?

Stingroo
05-29-10, 11:47 PM
That's really good. If we can get ten confirmed for that we can get a group rate, which is $10 per person plus tax (figure 7%)

orconn
05-30-10, 04:32 PM
What about a jaunt down the keys to Key West? How about some great Cuban food? Gotta have some real, authentic Key lime pie!

Those wagons will come in handy for the ice coolers, drinks and suntan lotion!

orconn
05-30-10, 04:35 PM
Sorry double post.

Stingroo
05-30-10, 05:28 PM
Key West is pretty far from where most of us are. Almost 600 miles round trip for me, and about 500 for everybody else.

We could spend a day at West Palm's beach, though. I'd be glad to toss a cooler in the back of the wagon in the footwell of the nausea seat. Could be fun. :)

77CDV
05-30-10, 07:19 PM
I keep forgetting about your beaches, probably because I've always lived about 7 miles from the Pacific all my life and just sort of take it for granted that it's there. Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever been to any of the Atlantic Ocean beaches. Be interesting to see if they're any different from the beaches we have out here.

Stingroo
05-30-10, 07:57 PM
The only beach I really know is Deerfield, but that's 40 miles south, and not worth the trip. LOL Maybe Sal or Brizzal know a bit more about West Palm Beach?

I'd be up for a night beach trip. Maybe do a grilling thing Friday night? Right on the beach. :)

77CDV
05-31-10, 12:13 AM
Now that sounds awesome!

greencadillacmatt
05-31-10, 03:07 AM
^I'm liking the night grilling idea. A cookout on the beach with friends sounds AWESOME! :cool2:

Hmm. What about Lion Country Safari and nighttime beaching? :D

Stingroo
05-31-10, 07:17 AM
We could do LCS on Friday, then the beach on Saturday night after the car museum or something.

There's so many combinations of things to do, lol. I don't even know. We need a poll. LOL

Stingroo
05-31-10, 02:34 PM
Disregard. I fail. Mai Kai Saturday.

I still keep thinking Sunday, but it will be Sat.

77CDV
05-31-10, 05:03 PM
Leaving on a jet plane Sunday morning.

Stingroo
05-31-10, 05:11 PM
Matt and I talked earlier this afternoon and figured like this:

Friday: Lion Country Safari in the mid-morning or early afternoon.
Friday Afternoon/Night: Beach BBQ. I'm hoping WPB has those grills you can use on the beach, then everyone chip in a bit for some food or whatever. Can't be too much for some hamburgers and hotdogs, or even some chicken. Grilled food is cheap and easy to cook for people. :) Maybe hang in one of the hotels, or at somebody's house who's local after.

Saturday: Car museum in the afternoon
Saturday Night: From the museum, convoy to the Mai Kai for dinner.

Sunday: For those who are interested in staying (like Matt) or those who are local, we can figure something out. Dave and Busters from the Lounge thread would be kick ass, it's a giant arcade and restaurant.

77CDV
05-31-10, 07:55 PM
It seems the beaches in the area close at sunset. Also, your beaches have an inordinate amount of grass.

Stingroo
05-31-10, 08:03 PM
They close at Sunset? How lame!

Hmm... we could move LCS up earlier in the day? I've never been, so I don't know how long it takes to drive the trail.

77CDV
05-31-10, 08:47 PM
Um, Roo, where are you in FL, anyway? I mean, if you're not in WPB, how did it get chosen as the place to meet?

Stingroo
05-31-10, 09:49 PM
I'm 30 miles north of WPB in Hobe Sound. It got chosen for a few reasons actually... lol

1. The epic museum that used to be a LaSalle dealership. I thought it was fitting.
2. There's a major airport in WPB.
3. Sal lives there, so he practically HAS to show. :D
4. Hobe Sound, Florida has NOTHING. The entire city is contained on US1. That's it. The rest is neighborhoods. We have no movie theater, no car dealerships, nothing. It sucks.

There's method to my madness. lol

77CDV
05-31-10, 10:08 PM
Point taken. In any case, it would behoove someone reasonably local to pay a visit to the Palm County government center, specifically the Parks and Rec department, and ask about restrictions/permit requirements for beach BBQs. It may also give you a better idea of what's actually available in the area. Also, be sure which jurisdiction the intended beach falls under (state/county/city). Each jurisdiction may have different rules.

Stingroo
05-31-10, 10:20 PM
Fair point. I shall give them a telephone call on the morrow.

(I took your word "behoove" and ran with it. Sorry. :thumbsup:)

greencadillacmatt
06-03-10, 02:38 AM
^So, what did they say? Or do we all have to sit here ensconced in mystery? :)

Lord Cadillac
06-03-10, 02:47 PM
PM me the meet details so I can paste them into the first post.

Thank you!

Stingroo
06-03-10, 03:19 PM
Beach thing is shot. There are no barbecues on the beach in West Palm.

77CDV
06-04-10, 02:12 AM
^So, what did they say? Or do we all have to sit here ensconced in mystery? :)

"Ensconced"? Am I rubbing off on you, Matt? :lol:

BBQ is still a possibility, Roo. Just tell your folks that a whole bunch of strangers from all across the country will be dropping in for dinner! :lol: Or, Friday could be the night we take in the sights and sounds of downtown Palm Beach. It's supposed to be a pretty happening place.

greencadillacmatt
06-04-10, 04:07 AM
"Ensconced"? Am I rubbing off on you, Matt? :lol:

Or, Friday could be the night we take in the sights and sounds of downtown Palm Beach. It's supposed to be a pretty happening place.

First of all, most certainly. ;)

Second, I kind of like the idea of a big mob of us Cadillac Freaks attacking the main drag and seeing the sights. I've only been to theme parks is FL before, so it would be nice to see the rest of it! :thumbsup:

Stingroo
06-04-10, 07:48 AM
No no no Craig. Remember? We're all crashing Sal's place. :lol:

We could roam Palm Beach... but this is where we would need a local. I know nothing of the area. We have Sal, the guy who's name is presently escaping me who posted on the thread in the lounge, and a friend of mine from the wagon forum who live in WPB.

greencadillacmatt
06-05-10, 03:53 AM
Hmm, Sal, would you be up for tour-guiding us poor misguided out-of-towners? That would be great! We beseech you, Lord Cadillac!

Stingroo
06-05-10, 07:33 AM
This is true... on his FB/Twitter he posts a million different places to eat and go out. Surely he could bestow some of his vast knowledge upon us.

:)

77CDV
06-05-10, 03:21 PM
Or you could always check out the chamber of commerce's web site. Or, make the 40 mile drive and explore. You can do it, Scout!!!

Stingroo
06-05-10, 05:25 PM
Drive not in the cards right now. We'll figure it out. :thumbsup:

redneonzftw
06-06-10, 11:42 PM
GCM ftww!!

Stingroo
06-07-10, 12:11 AM
Nah he smells.

>_>

redneonzftw
06-07-10, 01:34 AM
lol truley.

greencadillacmatt
06-08-10, 02:39 AM
^Awww. :(

greencadillacmatt
06-11-10, 04:11 AM
Roo, could you stalk Sal some more and find out if he could show us around Palm Beach? He never got back to us on here. :(

Stingroo
06-11-10, 06:24 AM
*puts on stalker hat... erm... Sherlock Holmes hat*

I'm on the case.

greencadillacmatt
06-11-10, 04:23 PM
^They make stalker hats?

Stingroo
06-11-10, 04:37 PM
http://www.beeranddeertour.com/hat.jpg

In orange, no less.

77CDV
06-12-10, 01:41 AM
It's elementary, Watson!

Brizzal
06-12-10, 12:48 PM
There is always a huge car show down in davie every friday night, I just went last night and there were easily 400+ cars

Stingroo
06-12-10, 01:50 PM
Davie's like... what, an hour or so away?

Maybe a good idea. I was looking for something a little closer though, so that when people start arriving we can have everyone meet somewhere semi-local.

greencadillacmatt
06-14-10, 02:41 AM
Speaking of arrival, when/where are we all meeting up the first day? Is there some sort of local land-mark where we can all find each other before we go off and do things?

Stingroo
06-14-10, 07:53 AM
We could meet up at the CityPlace mall... it's 3 miles from the airport, and there's a pizza place there which I assume would be pretty laid back to hang out for a bit waiting for everybody.

It's actually a pretty cool mall too, check it out:

http://www.cityplace.com/

77CDV
06-14-10, 02:35 PM
I guess it's time to start thinking about lodging.

greencadillacmatt
06-14-10, 03:35 PM
^That's right, you can't just sleep in your car... ;)

Stingroo
06-14-10, 03:47 PM
I could. :p

77CDV
06-14-10, 05:27 PM
^That's right, you can't just sleep in your car... ;)

Any idea where you're staying?

Stingroo
06-14-10, 05:41 PM
He might be staying at my house, I want to run it by both of my parents at the same time though before we go through with it.

Some freakishly tall kid from Michigan might be startling.

77CDV
06-15-10, 12:56 AM
Just tell your folks he's your long-lost twin. :D

greencadillacmatt
06-15-10, 02:25 AM
Just tell your folks he's your long-lost twin. :D

Yeah, my 6'4" to his 5'8" are completely related. Just tell his parents the difference is geographic in nature. :rolleyes:

Stingroo
06-15-10, 06:59 AM
Well, if we were going off our interests alone, that one could almost work Craig. <_<

I'll say that when we were separated at birth the people who adopoted him tortured him by putting him on a rack fairly often... so that's what happens.

It's the only feasible thing I can think of at 7 AM.

77CDV
06-16-10, 01:40 AM
Could be fraternal twins.....

Stingroo
06-16-10, 02:07 AM
My story is more far-fetched. The-Dullahan would approve.

greencadillacmatt
06-16-10, 02:59 AM
^And then mention something about zombies.

Also, say what you want, that rack was darn comfortable. ;)

77CDV
06-16-10, 04:10 PM
Are you certain you two aren't related?

Stingroo
06-16-10, 04:35 PM
About 93.6% sure, yeah.

greencadillacmatt
06-17-10, 02:55 AM
Kind of makes me wonder what the other 6.4% is comprised of. :hmm:

77CDV
06-17-10, 08:12 PM
M. O. E.

Stingroo
06-17-10, 08:59 PM
^ What?

The-Dullahan
06-18-10, 04:48 AM
Hey GUYS! Guess what? I found out this cool thing! You can post on forums not related to RWD's! Who'd have thunk it.

I Hereby claim this land in the name of E-

Wait, you guys beat me.

Damn it.

Well, I guess everything happens for a reason and that's why I found this thread this time...Because I was mentioned and so were The Zombies, which seem to be associated with me too often lately (One Creepy Craigslist ad later)

You never know fellows, I have met a set of twins whom never looked anything alike. In fact, Biracial twins are sometimes totally different from one another in appearance. Your parents MAY just buy it Sting, you just have to explain to her that the reason she has no recollection of giving birth to two twins is that she never knew she was carrying twins and one was spirited away by the hospital, while you were left with her.

And YES, from personal experience a mother can be pregnant with twins and never know it, the doctors may not even ever notice it and may only pick up one heartbeat. (Happened to me)

Anyhow, that being said I have to backtrack through this thread to see the latest developments and the not-so-latest, as I have missed them and if I manage to arrive for this event I'd like to know what I'll be doing when I get there, not that I see how that will effect how I pack, since that seems pointless since it's only a few hours away and I don't really own belongings to pack.

The-Dullahan
06-18-10, 04:58 AM
Alright so assuming I make it (Making every effort to, requesting time off and whatnot)

1) We're meeting at a mall (No Zombie Jokes here) which is groovy. You'll all find me, I'll be getting escorted out by security.
2) Something about Authentic Cuban Food and Lions. Sounds like Quite an evening
3) Beach, Wagons, Coolers, Barbecues, and me with neither my Coffin Cooler or my Coffin Barbecue. If We hit up the beach, provided the law is the same in every part of the state, all you Handicapped people (Preferably Insane like myself) are permitted to bring your cars ONTO the beach, which is always nice, because it's a mess and it gets everywhere.
4) I'm not the only one finicky about hats...but not so much the Orange ones as what is a "Black Hat" wearing an "Orange Hat?"

Stingroo
06-18-10, 07:44 AM
Well the beach BBQ idea is dead. You can't barbecue on the beach there, I called ahead to ask.

Basically here's the plan:

Friday: Meet at the mall because it's literally right up the road from the airport. Afterward, we could hit up LCS if you guys want, as it's only 20 minutes away (plus we'll pass Sal's house on the way over... hint hint :thumbsup:)

Saturday: The Ragtops museum sometime in the afternoon. Probably the highlight of the trip, especially if they still have some of the old LaSalle's that the place used to sell. Depending on how much time is left after we peruse its offerings, maybe find another local activity to kill some time before we all drive down to the Mai Kai (More on that at the end of the post).

Sunday: Travel home day, or for us locals and semi-locals find something to do day. Maybe something up in my city (about 30 miles north of WPB) if everyone's up for it.

Basically our meet is going to be fun, but there will be some driving involved. :)

More on food
I want to get a pretty good accurate head count as to who all is coming for dinner at the Mai Kai. I want to get us a reservation so that nothing goes wrong. You know... Imagine walking up and being like "Oh... uh.. party of twelve please." I don't see that working too well.

So pretty much:
Me
Matt

Who else is confirmed on that one?

Also, Matt is a few months older than me, we can't be twins. :lol:

Lupin
06-18-10, 09:37 AM
Well seeing as I live in West Palm Beach you can confirm me (Matt) and my girlfriend (Karli) for any festivities.

Stingroo
06-18-10, 09:40 AM
Well seeing as I live in West Palm Beach you can confirm me (Matt) and my girlfriend (Karli) for any festivities.

Awesome. :)

The-Dullahan
06-18-10, 12:02 PM
Basically our meet is going to be fun, but there will be some driving involved. :)

Well yeah, we are an association of car owners. I really hope the whole association between Cadillacs and The Mob is only residential to This part of Florida, because with a number of them driving around together...

77CDV
06-18-10, 12:39 PM
Also, Matt is a few months older than me, we can't be twins. :lol:

Ask any woman who's given birth. She'll tell you it can feel like years, so hey, just sayin'.

Count me in for dinner btw.

Stingroo
06-18-10, 12:49 PM
Will do. I'll keep a running total for the dinner count until one week before the meet, then I'll make our reservation.

greencadillacmatt
06-18-10, 04:55 PM
^I was going to ask you about reservations. A ton of Caddy guys showing up at the Mai Kai with no reservations might be frowned upon.

And Dullahan, as long as nobody's car blows up (courtesy of the mob) I'd call it a productive meet. :)

Stingroo
06-18-10, 05:14 PM
I think ahead Matt. :thumbsup:

Lupin
06-18-10, 05:19 PM
I propose a trip to the shooting range.

Stingroo
06-18-10, 05:28 PM
I would love to.. I've never really shot a whole lot.

Lupin
06-18-10, 07:14 PM
There are tonnes of ranges out here that let you rent. I have quite a few firearms, though, so we wouldn't have to pay to rent. I'm willing to let Caddy owners use them; just depends on how many people are coming.

Stingroo
06-18-10, 07:54 PM
Aw, I'm just a lowly Chevy owner. :p

But seriously.. a range would be fun for a Sunday afternoon thing. :) That way (sorry some guys) there's less of us and it'd be easier probably. Plus it's something we could do for a little, or for awhile depending on how we like it as a whole.

Lupin
06-18-10, 08:33 PM
Sounds fine. I'm willing to let you guys use my firearms. Just pay for ammo. ;) I was actually thinking that it would be good for Sunday, instead of "find something to do," we could go "find something to shoot." I recommend Gator Guns & Archery Center.

Stingroo
06-18-10, 08:40 PM
Yeah man, that could be some really good fun. You'd have to lead that one though. :)

Lupin
06-18-10, 09:08 PM
I'm fine with that.

The-Dullahan
06-19-10, 12:34 AM
And Dullahan, as long as nobody's car blows up (courtesy of the mob) I'd call it a productive meet. :)

I can arrange that.

I mean, arrange a car NOT blowing up, I mean.

No guarantees of my own car if we make it, she may hate the beach as much as me and just develop a problem out of spite.:)

The-Dullahan
06-19-10, 12:40 AM
I would love to.. I've never really shot a whole lot.

Weren't we just trying NOT to look like mobsters?

Whatever, Nobody would suspect Sting, he's in a Chevy Wagon, all he needs is a tropical shirt, sunhat, sunglasses and white sunscreen on his nose and he can pretend to be a regular tourist and Half Italian or not, I got my looks from the Irish side, along with my lack of intellect and poor style.

Gun Range sounds good, just hope I can get those days off at work. The Boss already has a request for those days from somebody else, we're losing EVERY employee periodically to some dumb class they are making us take (A class that doesn't even APPLY to me, but even I have to go) and July being our busiest month to begin with, due to those Tourist people with the tropical shirts and sandals, driving their Rental Wagons.

Provided she is at work tomorrow, I should have my answer by then. if I knew sooner, I'd have put in for vacation...making...ME the tourist...

Stingroo
06-19-10, 12:44 AM
You could have known, :p It was in my signature for months. :(

It's cool, I hope you can make it though.

The-Dullahan
06-19-10, 01:59 AM
YIt was in my signature for months.

Hey Look! You're right. I'm not bright enough to notice that kind of stuff. If I was, I would have a "signature" myself.

Three years without a sick day, without being late and without taking vacation, showing up on all the extra times I've ever been needed and staying late or coming early to play Covershift for employees or simply to help out.

Publix Owes Me.

EDIT

Wait, that's not even a signature. Okay, so I don't even know what a Signature is or where it lurks.

Stingroo
06-19-10, 02:01 AM
I think only supporting members get them here, which is good otherwise the forums would be SO SLOW! lol

Anywho, you're here now. And yeah, Publix owes you hardcore.

The-Dullahan
06-19-10, 04:17 AM
I think only supporting members get them here

That's what I figured too.

77CDV
06-19-10, 10:27 PM
Three years without a sick day, without being late and without taking vacation, showing up on all the extra times I've ever been needed and staying late or coming early to play Covershift for employees or simply to help out.

Publix Owes Me.

And knowing corporate America, this is precisely why you won't get it. :lol:

The-Dullahan
06-20-10, 12:32 AM
And knowing corporate America, this is precisely why you won't get it. :lol:

Basically...yes. Why work so hard for naught? Publix gives us "benefits" but refuses over 40 hours a week. If they fired three people from my department and freed up a total 120 hours, I could get all their work done and my own and still only take 60 hours and it would cost the company LESS, but oh NO, they can't give overtime! The people who are employed by the same department as me are LITERALLY little old ladies who work to keep busy, they don't NEED the money. Here I am trying to get by with my measly paycheck, but oh, it's okay, I get BENEFITS like stock and healthcare for when I am 90...

Anyhow, at least I have a good boss and even though the company won't let her get me 80 cent raises every 90 days anymore (only 15 at a time? LAME) and she got me full time within a month (Normally takes six months, Publix does not hire full-time, you must "EARN" it) and though she WAS there today she wasn't at the store when I was and I couldn't talk to her about it. I filled it out on her calendar saying to give me 16-19 off and I'll tell her about it later. If it doesn't work, I can always transfer to the store run by my old manager, the IRISH one, and she supports ANYTHING related to vintage Cadillacs.

Funny unrelated story about having no money: I have to lend somebody $10,000 on Wednesday, but I should get good interest off them and make $2,000 in the end. Oh wait, that sounds too Mafia again.

77CDV
06-20-10, 01:10 AM
How in hell can you be broke yet have 10K to lend? :confused:

greencadillacmatt
06-20-10, 04:11 AM
^I was confused about that as well. Um, he's magical?

The-Dullahan
06-20-10, 11:14 AM
The 10k was my entire savings, all locked away in a Cd from once-upon-a-time when I worked for Diznee. At least it's coming in handy now. Of course, I could always abuse this opportunity and once I get it back, invest all of it back into my car and may haps have a car that isn't leaking/rusty/whatnot...Possibilities abound.

77CDV
06-20-10, 09:56 PM
^I was confused about that as well. Um, he's magical?

Magical :hmm: ....Irish :hmm: ....OMG!!!!!! HE'S A LEPRECHAUN!!!!! :eek:

Stingroo
06-20-10, 10:26 PM
:lol::lol::lol:

I didn't want to say it :hide:

Please don't hurt me. :(

greencadillacmatt
06-21-10, 03:52 AM
I swear Dullahan, I meant nothing by it. Please don't make me cement shoes. :(

The-Dullahan
06-22-10, 12:37 PM
I swear Dullahan, I meant nothing by it. Please don't make me cement shoes. :(

(Once again, best read with accent)

They're After Me Lucky Charms!

You guys are all crazy in the head.

Stingroo
06-22-10, 12:44 PM
Oh my god... lol So when I was in middle school, my best friend's mom was dating an Irish man named Donal and he had the thickest accent I've ever heard (ever). And once, my sister came over to get me home and he answered the door, and as soon as he spoke she goes "Can you do the Lucky Charms jingle?"

It was ridiculously embarassing. lol

The-Dullahan
06-22-10, 07:01 PM
Oh my god... lol So when I was in middle school, my best friend's mom was dating an Irish man named Donal and he had the thickest accent I've ever heard (ever). And once, my sister came over to get me home and he answered the door, and as soon as he spoke she goes "Can you do the Lucky Charms jingle?"

It was ridiculously embarassing. lol

I'm not Magical, so I'm not a Leprechaun (Though the word is DIRECTLY linked to the word "Dullahan") I just have a $10,000 sum of my savings hidden away in a place where nobody could ever find them and I-

You know what? That's making me sound MORE like a Leprechaun.

Since moving to FL I have learned to water the accent down and can speak with such a little portion of it that though people can DEFINITELY tell there IS an accent in here someplace, they cannot detect from where. This lead to great fun at Disney, where my suspected origin ranged over every continent, Antarctica included.:thumbsup: Having learned to water mine down I am kind-of-good at impersonating a few others and I am also rather good at poking fun at my Birth Mother's Staten Island accent, having grown up with it (It's obvious she's not the same mother who raised me...Thank The Gods I don't sound like HER, people already associate me with the Mafia too much around here)

As for Lucky Charms, they are just Cheerios with Marshmallows...making them worse than regular Cheerios, but this one time a few years ago when The ARMA did a thing in Ft. Lauderdale and myself and my two Sisters-From-Other-Misters who got to be raised in the cemetery with me, learning swordsmanship and other "useless talents" all got together, as they came down from Pennsylvania to meet me. At a random moment whilst in a shopping centre my Transylvanian sister and I were stopped by the other said sister and when we looked back, she snapped a photo. It wasn't until almost two years later when we finally heard what that was about, having all but forgotten. While walking up one of the aisles, she snapped the photo of us, her on the right, myself on the left and from the Camera's point of view, all that was seen was the two of us and the endcap displays at the ends of the aisles, a tower of Lucky Charms behind myself and another of Count Chocula behind her.

Ahh playful, sisterly racism and breakfast cereal can be a fun combination. I still have the photo, it still makes me laugh.

Stingroo
06-22-10, 07:10 PM
LOL That's a must-see.