: Upgrade to my 09 CTS-V with 144 BHP increase

dons
03-15-10, 06:20 PM
Just picked up my 09 Caddilac CTS-V automatic from ADM Performance in Lewewville, Texas. Dynojet show 608.56 at the wheel with Max. Torque at 589.99. You can check it out by accessing their web site where it is on the dyno. It's like driving or should I say like flying in a rocket ship, just absolute incrediable. I have entered my vehicle in the Texas Mile in late March (watch for results of car # 165). There are two other CTS-V cars entered, one is an 09 and the other is a 2010. Excited about going. My car is a daily driver such a delight to drive. Its a sleeper. Thought you CTS -V lovers would like to hear about one fine vehicle. Thanks ADM Performance.

Gary Wells
03-15-10, 06:53 PM
Great #'s. What all was done to get those #'s? Good luck in the Texas Mile.

cbloveday
03-15-10, 07:15 PM
congrats on your build. These cars are a blast. Good luck with the Texas Mile and keep us posted on your results.

Razorecko
03-15-10, 08:10 PM
nice #'s !, what did you have done ?

neuronbob
03-15-10, 08:58 PM
Awesome numbers. Do dish on the details.

Greg*
03-15-10, 11:09 PM
You can check it out by accessing their web site where it is on the dyno.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huHnN8UPwSU

CIWS
03-15-10, 11:15 PM
They seem to build up several Camaros. 900HP would be a lot in one of those. :yup:

thebigjimsho
03-16-10, 12:39 AM
So you're installing a roll cage in your V???

I may go to Loring's 1.5 mile in July but I'm going to have to lift if I don't want to get in the serious safety equipment...

dvandentop
03-16-10, 02:15 AM
see you at the texas mile in a few weeks. i will for sure come talk to ya to check your v out.

dons
03-16-10, 07:35 AM
Here are the power adders:LPE GT-11Cam, Patriot Gold Springs, LPE upper Pully Kit, LPE Ported Inlet, LPE Intake Kit with K/N filter, Upgraded Heat Exchanger, 60lb Injectors, ADM Performance street tune, Innovate West Crankshaft Pully and last but not lease Managflow mufflers with 4inch tips with pre-silencers. Car produces around 700 HP at the flywhel and 608 at the real wheels. Love it. Thanks for asking.

Gary Wells
03-16-10, 09:13 AM
I could be incorrect, but for an auto on a Dynojet dyno, I show that 608 at the rear should be equal to about 750 at the crank? That's figured at a 19% drivetrain loss from crank to rear wheels.

dons
03-16-10, 11:08 AM
So you're installing a roll cage in your V???

I may go to Loring's 1.5 mile in July but I'm going to have to lift if I don't want to get in the serious safety equipment...
No roll cage required if you don't exceed 190 MPh.

dons
03-16-10, 11:15 AM
I could be incorrect, but for an auto on a Dynojet dyno, I show that 608 at the rear should be equal to about 750 at the crank? That's figured at a 19% drivetrain loss from crank to rear wheels.
I was using a factor of 17% loss to the wheel. I calculated that by looking at some past dyno logs received from ADM Performance. In the end 608HP to the rear wheels makes it nearly fly. Have a nice day.

dons
03-16-10, 11:22 AM
I was using a factor of 17% loss to the wheel. I calculated that by looking at some past dyno logs received from ADM Performance. In the end 608HP to the rear wheels makes it nearly fly. Have a nice day.
I rechecked my figures amd if the loss to the real wheel is a 17% loss then my HP at the flywheel would be arounr 732HP. Anyway thanks for the observation. Don

dons
03-16-10, 06:44 PM
see you at the texas mile in a few weeks. i will for sure come talk to ya to check your v out.
Yea, come by , I would like to meet you. Looking forward to the event.

cbloveday
03-16-10, 07:00 PM
I rechecked my figures amd if the loss to the real wheel is a 17% loss then my HP at the flywheel would be arounr 732HP. Anyway thanks for the observation. Don

Anything over 600 rwhp is cooking.:yup:

2k9RedV
03-16-10, 10:29 PM
awesome build and great numbers! How do the magnaflows sound? If you don't mind tellling, how much did this package cost? I am definately interested in this same type of setup, again, great job!!!

Gordy Petrovski
03-16-10, 11:16 PM
Nice work by the boys at ADM

09V
03-17-10, 12:41 AM
Which lower ring are you running and do you know what the boost was roughly at? Your car is a monster, hope you do put down some nice MPH at the Flying Mile. I might make it down there to check out the event.

dons
03-17-10, 03:27 PM
Nice work by the boys at ADM
You are right, Andy Mages owner of ADM Performance does fanstastic work, and as he says "we over deliver".

dons
03-17-10, 03:33 PM
awesome build and great numbers! How do the magnaflows sound? If you don't mind tellling, how much did this package cost? I am definately interested in this same type of setup, again, great job!!!
If you are asking about the Manaflow set, it cost about $600, which includes stainless steel pipe and mufflers ( axal back) with 4'' stainless steel tips. After running them a while I decided to tone them down , just a hair, with some pre-silincer resonators (small glass packs) which did the trick. Its a Cadillac, and the wife does drive it.

If you are asking about the cost of the power adders, them please e-mail me at dons@lrmhmrc.org and I will reply. Thanks for the question and have a good day. Don

Greg*
03-17-10, 05:26 PM
Which lower ring are you running and do you know what the boost was roughly at?

I am somewhat familiar with this build. The car uses a Metco 8.6 lower
ring.

dons
03-17-10, 06:50 PM
Greg is correct it is a METCO 8.6 crank pully. I do not know the boost level was at.