: Driverside HID stopped working???

rhdune16
03-15-10, 10:54 AM
Hey guys, I tried searching but could not find anything that was related to my problem. I don't know how it happened but it happened out of no where. I have an 08 ESV and I took it out yesterday to drop off my brother at school... while driving I notice that my driver side headlight has stopped working (worked when I unlocked the car because the headlights flash). So pretty much it stopped working while I was driving. I checked the fuse and it was fine so not sure what happened unless it is something wrong with the ballast (note every other function works on the headlight beside the HID). The car has 32k miles on it so I'm hoping it is covered under warranty, but in the meantime has anyone experienced this problem??? Any help is appreciated. Thanks

101mph62
03-15-10, 01:46 PM
could be the ballest or the bulb but i would think it would be covered under warranty.

rhyno
03-15-10, 03:00 PM
mine did exactly the same thing, its the ballast which is conveniently attached to the bulb so you cant buy it separate. the light will turn on for a few seconds then turn right back off and stay off. my stealership didnt cover it, and the new bulb was like $300. good luck

rhdune16
03-15-10, 03:09 PM
wow if they don't cover it that would be the biggest BS ever. The thing with mine is that it never comes back on now. It is always off...

tonyretnypd
03-23-10, 11:58 PM
Thats not covered on the Bumber to Bumber?
I got one out to :(

hcvone
03-24-10, 08:06 AM
My neighbor had one light that would not light, the dealer said it was the bulb and was not covered, so they replaced the bulb and it did not fix the problem, so they replaced the ballast and that fixed the problem, they covered that under warranty and put the new bulb in and gave him the old one and did not charge him.

WaterKing
03-25-10, 11:09 AM
My passenger light quit and after an unsuccessful bulb change they replaced the ballast which fixed the problem. All under warranty on a 2008 EXT with 11K miles.

Merc
03-25-10, 02:13 PM
Well it is good to hear that the warranty covers that. I can't believe that they say the warranty does not cover the light bulb.