: Check this out... Good reason to stay away from Toyota of Dallas

2003RC51
03-14-10, 05:10 PM
Basically Toyota of Dallas wrecked my Tacoma. It is pretty entertaining but really long, the first post in each thread is the gist of what happened. Some of the replies are pretty entertaining though. The second thread is the update(after they FAILED to repair it correctly 3 TIMES).

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/78707-toyota-dallas-wrecked-my-tacoma.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/80162-toyota-dallas-update-very-very-long.html

dkozloski
03-14-10, 05:56 PM
Take it mud bogging a couple of times and you'll forget all about it. None of it amounts to much in the great scheme of things.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-14-10, 06:54 PM
They sell Toyotas. Like we needed any more reason to stay away.

ben.gators
03-14-10, 07:43 PM
I read it, and as you yourself got to this conclusion, from the beginning you should not involve yourself in their scenario. When you involve in their scenario, you will follow their rules and regulations, and here is the results. In such cases the best thing to do is to contact a lawyer in first place, and not to involve and get trap in their play.

dkozloski
03-15-10, 11:52 AM
It's just a damned old Toyota pickup. What's the big deal? One rattletrap is as good as another. It won't be that long before the rusty fenders are flapping in the breeze.

AlBundy
03-15-10, 03:10 PM
It's just a damned old Toyota pickup. What's the big deal? One rattletrap is as good as another. It won't be that long before the rusty fenders are flapping in the breeze.

:yeah:

2003RC51
03-15-10, 07:42 PM

:yeah:

I am guessing... and hoping you are trying to be sarcastic. If not I guess there is no helping you. I have owned my share of Government Motors vehicles and the quality is definitely no better than the Tacoma. I just got through selling my 2005 Cts-V and I can tell you that my Tacoma is 100x more solid than the V was.

DILLIGAF
03-15-10, 08:00 PM
I am guessing... and hoping you are trying to be sarcastic. If not I guess there is no helping you. I have owned my share of Government Motors vehicles and the quality is definitely no better than the Tacoma. I just got through selling my 2005 Cts-V and I can tell you that my Tacoma is 100x more solid than the V was.
You trade that V on one of those kick ass Priuses?

2003RC51
03-15-10, 08:05 PM
You trade that V on one of those kick ass Priuses?

Hell no, I hate those damn things. Why can't anyone make a descent looking economy hybrid. It's like they are required to make them all ugly as hell.

My wife is in nursing school and it was sell the Tacoma or sell the V. The V has already depreciated $30,000 since I bought it in late 2004 so I didn't want to take anymore of a hit on it, so away it went.

CIWS
03-15-10, 09:12 PM
The vast majority of cars take a horrible depreciation in the first 2-4 years from new. You're kidding yourself if you think that truck isn't going to, especially now with all the Toyota mess going on.

Not saying GM, Ford, or whomever is any better. I have my own issues with the ownership of my car but that is 98% dealership related.

2003RC51
03-15-10, 10:16 PM
The vast majority of cars take a horrible depreciation in the first 2-4 years from new. You're kidding yourself if you think that truck isn't going to, especially now with all the Toyota mess going on.

Not saying GM, Ford, or whomever is any better. I have my own issues with the ownership of my car but that is 98% dealership related.

I know it will depreciate... just no where near what the Cadillac did. The Cadillac lost about 60% of its value after 5 years. The Tacoma's, before all the crap going on were losing about 35% of their value.... now with all this crap going on it is closer to 40-45% which is still hella better.

DILLIGAF
03-15-10, 11:11 PM
I'm not wanting to start a feud here butttttttttttttttttt,I don't know how you could be loving the toy.They have a nice solid car like feel but they are thin.I dented a buddys with my elbow pulling a tire out of the back,how the f do you put a crease on the top of the bed rail with an elbow?The new toys are not the over drivetrain built trucks that kicked the Soviets ass.I like the styling but they aren't tuff like they used to be.I have owned 2,and they were the shit!These new guys can't work,if they could I wouldn't be rollen in a powerstroke.JMO

RightTurn
03-15-10, 11:25 PM
:whistle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJZVUnOduH4

2003RC51
03-15-10, 11:35 PM
I would put more stock in that video if it wasn't made by Ford Motor Company...

CIWS
03-15-10, 11:46 PM
I know it will depreciate... just no where near what the Cadillac did. The Cadillac lost about 60% of its value after 5 years. The Tacoma's, before all the crap going on were losing about 35% of their value.... now with all this crap going on it is closer to 40-45% which is still hella better.

http://www.dupontregistry.com/autos/Search/DRauSearchDetails.aspx?itemid=756701

I always like to use this car as an example when guys talk about how bad their depreciation is / was. Much more rare than a CTS-V, they only make about 200-250 a year. Here's a 2006 MB CL65 AMG, list price about 180,000, V12 with over 600HP. This one only has almost 18K miles on the odo and is 4 years old. They're listing it for 69,995 and probably won't get that as others have tried.

http://www.carpictures.com/vehicle/08AEE405308401.html

They also have a 2005 and it's showing for almost 48K

http://www.dupontregistry.com/autos/Search/DRauSearchDetails.aspx?itemid=756752

That's over 70% depreciation in 5 years for a rarer, more powerful car.

It's all about the market(s)

DILLIGAF
03-15-10, 11:48 PM
Dude,you have a sweet ride,don't get me wrong, it looks awesome!Keep it on the pavement bro,I would destroy that thing just getten on with my life here in Oz.Toys used to be the most AWESOME 4X4S ever,I know that for a fact.Not any more and sad.The oil patches around here,F150Raptors or the Dodge are the truck of choice.

CIWS
03-15-10, 11:55 PM
I would put more stock in that video if it wasn't made by Ford Motor Company...

Understandable, but if it wasn't true any of the other manufacturers could sue Ford for false information about their product. Just like Verizon with their 3G coverage over AT&T, they can't dispute it so they try a little smoke and mirrors to counter it.

Now for everyday driving most folks will not see such conditions, but it does show the differences in how they're built.

V-Eight
03-16-10, 12:13 AM
Being a Chevy fan I have to pipe in that they compared the offroad F150 to a non-z71 Silverado, which makes a huge difference. Toyota still sucks though :lildevil:

dkozloski
03-16-10, 12:24 AM
Twenty-five years ago when I was on hard times I owned a couple of Toyotas. One I rescued and resurrected from a wrecking yard and later, another I bought new. The engines and drivetrains of both were bulletproof and on both the body work was flimsy. That sums up Toyotas in general.

RightTurn
03-16-10, 12:28 AM
25 years ago, that summed up Chevys as well. :coffee: