: Passenger mirror memory

Big Windy Ext
03-14-10, 02:08 PM
My passenger side mirror has started to go way out to the right on its own when unlocking the truck w/key fob . I want to bring it to the dealer for warranty but I'm thinking since my loci pic cameras are activated by the turn signals and driving under 8 mph that they may blame the loc pic . I probably should just remove it but that would be a hassle . Anybody have the mirror problem without loc pic , you can bring it back manually no problem . I also have tried resetting it a few times to driver # 1 . Any thoughts would be appretiated.

steve841
03-14-10, 08:03 PM
Im sure you answered your own question... only thing you can do to test is unplug the lock pick.

You'll have your answer real quick.

Zhariak
03-15-10, 09:56 AM
If it makes you feel any better this happened to me.

It was an ongoing issue that required over 6 visits to the dealership to resolve.
1. Reset the memory system
2. Flashed the memory system with new firmware
3. Flashed the side mirror with new firmware
4. Reset everything again

Then it came to a halt, because they couldn't duplicate this... Sometimes it would go WAY out to the right, or go down and stay down. Or not go down at all (I used the auto-down reverse function for backing up).

Finally one day I was throwing a fit at the dealership, after I couldn't duplicate it, i was getting ready to drive away and it happened when I turned the car on to leave.

The service dude saw it was stuck. Ultimately after a few more visits and fixes, they replaced the whole side mirror and it was fixed...

TSS
03-15-10, 12:11 PM
The service dude saw it was stuck. Ultimately after a few more visits and fixes, they replaced the whole side mirror and it was fixed...

Minus all the headaches Zhariak had, my whole drivers mirror was replaced due to the underlying issue the OP presented. Be careful what you ask for though, the mirrors have to be painted by the body shop, and despite having a great service dept., my dealer's paint shop is inferior. If mine had not been a lease, I would have been more upset. The problem is, if you look at your mirror now, there are more painted/unpainted (chrome) intersections than you might think. A paint guy has to take a LOT of time masking the non-painted areas. I ended up removing some of the oversparay/incorrect masking lines myself, as it was quicker and easier than sending it back to the painter who did not care the first time around. :thepan: It still was never 100% perfect though - good enough for the remaining time I had the lease though.

Good luck!

Big Windy Ext
03-15-10, 01:18 PM
Of course mine is also intermittent ! It will do it repeatedly one day then function just fine for days , hit the key to unlock, watch the mirror go all the way out . Painting the mirror, that was a hassle when I first got the truck I saw the mirror was scraped , took the truck in , they painted the mirror on the truck ( I found out hand washing the truck ) . I didn't trust anyone to remove it ,black truck , I spent a weekend with a clay bar to get it off .

Zhariak
03-16-10, 12:05 AM
Minus all the headaches Zhariak had, my whole drivers mirror was replaced due to the underlying issue the OP presented. Be careful what you ask for though, the mirrors have to be painted by the body shop, and despite having a great service dept., my dealer's paint shop is inferior. If mine had not been a lease, I would have been more upset. The problem is, if you look at your mirror now, there are more painted/unpainted (chrome) intersections than you might think. A paint guy has to take a LOT of time masking the non-painted areas. I ended up removing some of the oversparay/incorrect masking lines myself, as it was quicker and easier than sending it back to the painter who did not care the first time around. :thepan: It still was never 100% perfect though - good enough for the remaining time I had the lease though.

Good luck!

This is true...

I've had both of my mirrors replaced in 2 years, and the mirrors have to be painted, and let's just say I was choked when I got my first one replaced, and the second was in bad shape too..

Paint over the chrome, weird cut edges, etc... The paint around the mirror itself is bumpy and ruff...

IgotGAME
03-16-10, 12:05 AM
My driver side mirror will do the same thing. When I unfold them when I get back in the truck, the driver side mirror is back to the factory position, while the passenger one stayed where I had it...I have to adjust the driver side mirror all the time.