: PLEASE HELP Need harness help after stud job

bigds01
03-13-10, 09:58 PM
We have the engine put back together after our stud job, but of course we are running into problems hooking the harness up again.

In the 94 seville shop manual it has a pretty decent view of where the connections on the front of the engine go, but it has no view of the sides or back. Does anybody have that info?

Also it looks like there is a red positive lead that would be grounded into the engine. Is that correct?

Also on the strutmaster system, did you only plug in one dummy and leave the other connector for the struts open?

Ranger
03-13-10, 10:24 PM
Also it looks like there is a red positive lead that would be grounded into the engine. Is that correct?

That doesn't sound right. Grounds are usually black.

bigds01
03-13-10, 10:49 PM
That doesn't sound right. Grounds are usually black.

I agree, it looked like an extra positive lead.

cl1986
03-14-10, 12:29 AM
umm.....the one that feeds the fuse block??

there should only be a few pos....one to starter, one to fuse box, one to alt

bigds01
03-14-10, 09:23 AM
That was it, the fuse box.

Now I just have to figure out where all the damm connections go on the back of the engine.

Any help is always appreciated.

cl1986
03-14-10, 01:57 PM
it was pretty self explainatory when i did mine, once you line up the trans connection and then the coil pak connectors all else should fall into place, part of the harness runs across the rear valve cover and should have clips there, another part of the harness goes down low at the transmission and over to the o2 sensors