: Wow

v4meinsandiego
03-13-10, 11:31 AM
Just had mine installed. One word.....WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The car is so bad ass now I can't even tell you. The boost comes into play immediately whereas before it had a moment before it kicked in. The torque is simply whamo, in your face. I have the manual tranny. I ordered the kit from Wait4me including the 9.5 lower, idler, 160 stat, and heat exchanger. I also have Wait4me's handheld tuner with the 9.5 tune in it for these upgrades.

Wait4me (Jesse) did a nice job getting everything out to me. Everything was packaged nicely which I appreciated. I had my local shop (AJ USA) put everything in. They consulted with Jesse on a few questions during the install. I came with my handheld at the end of the install, downloaded the 9.5 tune, and fired her up.

The car just romps now. It was quick before, but holy crap, this thing went from quick to fast. I don't have dyno numbers but it must be in the high 5's at the tires. At some point I will dyno it but right now the car runs great.

I will give some more feedback later after a day or two with it but I must say this is the best money spent on any car I have ever owned. The difference is so significant imo.

I would like to thank Jesse at Wait4me performance and AJ USA for the install. Jesse - I still need to send you my stock tune so you can dial in my 3 tunes we talked about. I hope to get that out soon.

I do have one question - what is the best method to get any possible air bubbles out of the coolant/radiator/heat exchanger? My mechanic feels they got them all out but I am told to keep an eye on it and top it off. Any thoughts for those who did this?

GMX322V S/C
03-13-10, 11:43 AM
Gongrats, now you have MORE of more! Regarding bleeding the heat exchanger system: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2009/192917-those-you-guys-getting-heat-exchangers.html

cbloveday
03-13-10, 12:35 PM
Congrats I know what your feeling!

I have a question about the bleeding process. So you get to the 3/8 bleeder on top of the stock intercooler. What is the process to bleed it out?
Jesse did my install. However, I did the continual adding of fluid to the SC fill point while we diagnosed a minor issue with the air conditioner compressor
that was acting up on us. It is a rainy day here today so I thought i would make sure all the air is out. Do I just open it up and run the car and add fluid as the level drops on the SC fill tube? I do not want to have fluid leaking out of the 3/8 bleeder port.

v4meinsandiego
03-13-10, 02:22 PM
Thanks for the link. I will try that. I put a call into my shop who did the install but not sure if I will find out until Monday.

Another weird thing.....after the install my "auto up" feature on my windows stopped working. The "auto down" still works fine. Any thoughts on this? Fuse?

cbloveday
03-13-10, 03:34 PM
I just bled the stock cooler. Pretty easy.

I removed the cosmetic dressing directly above the stock intercooler
Removed the 2 plastic push bolts above each light
Removed the 2 screws on either side of the hood latch that supports grill
remove the plastic shroud around the hood latch so I could get my hand with a small 3/8 drive socket wrench. I had to pull back on the grill. Once the plastic bleeder screw was loose, I used my hand to entirely unscrew.

I got my daughter and asked her to watch the opening with a flashlight and tell me when she sees fluid. I went to the Supercharger fluid fill and slowly began unscrewing the cap. As soon as the pressure loss occured, I saw the fluid in the fill point dissapeared, it burpble for 2 seconds, my daughter scremed, fluid started out the bleeder opening. It happened that quickly quickly. Be ready to tighten and close the cap as to minimize fluid loss. Guys this happens fast so be quick. I then put the bleeder screw back in,
re-assembled the car, and topped off the system. Jesse did a good job the first time. :highfive:

Regarding the auto up/down on the windows. Check you DIC and make sure that option is selected. It may have defaulted when the battery got disconnected.
Although this never happened to me.

Tony407
03-13-10, 03:58 PM
Regarding the auto up. Every time you disconnect the battery you have to do this simple procedure. Roll the window down with the button continually pressed and hold it for a few seconds after the window stops. Roll the window up with the button continually pressed and hold it for a few seconds after the window stops. Should be reinstated now.

Tony

v4meinsandiego
03-13-10, 08:49 PM
Regarding the auto up. Every time you disconnect the battery you have to do this simple procedure. Roll the window down with the button continually pressed and hold it for a few seconds after the window stops. Roll the window up with the button continually pressed and hold it for a few seconds after the window stops. Should be reinstated now.

Tony

I'll give it a try.

Karch
03-14-10, 04:08 AM
V4, isn't there a ported blower inlet, or something like that, that really helps build boost? I think Jesse and LPE offer that on an exchange.
Great story to read. Have some fun, but be careful!

cbloveday
03-14-10, 08:12 AM
When I was at his shop jesse said he ports the blower but it is a 2 day process. He quoted me but I forget the price. I remember thinking that it wasn't expensive.
I didn't have time to have that done that trip.

v4meinsandiego
03-14-10, 12:39 PM
V4, isn't there a ported blower inlet, or something like that, that really helps build boost? I think Jesse and LPE offer that on an exchange.
Great story to read. Have some fun, but be careful!

Thanks.....I am loving it. Drove it yesterday. Car drives stock and has so much more s.o.p. feel its not even close. I am showing about 14 lbs of boost on stock gauge so in terms of more, I think I am plenty good for now.

v4meinsandiego
03-14-10, 01:13 PM
I'll give it a try.

It worked. Thank you very much.....

v4meinsandiego
03-17-10, 12:19 PM
UPDATE -

Its been about 4 days since I had the 9.5 pulley and heat exchanger installed. First off, the heat exchanger sitting behind the lower air damn looks like this car means "bisnezz". The supercharger whine is so much more noticeable with this upgrade and I am diggin it. As others have said, you really hear the whine when in boost. It reminds me of some of the 03 and 04 Cobra's that have upgrades and are putting down big power. Go to youtube and you will find many Cobra's with a whipple upgrade and it sounds great.

As for the power, boost is ready when you are throughout the torque curve. In stock mode, you really only feel it at higher RPMS imo.

The heat exchanger I believe is helping everything keep cool(er). With that type of boost being generated, 14 lbs, I know heat soak becomes an issue with any type of supercharged application. I bled the stock intercooler and I think all my bubbles are out which you may want to be sure of when this install is complete. My coolant is running around 185 now and hasn't gotten above 190 yet even after some very exciting runs. Granted I live in San Diego, the weather hasn't been too hot yet either, so that may contribute to my lower temps. Its been in the 70's so I am not sure if that will change with hotter temps outside. I did notice with this Wait4Me 9.5 tune that my fans kick on almost immediately. I think the combination of the 160 stat, heat exchanger, and early fan operation that certainly helps. I am curious though if my temps seem about right at 185 with the above installed? I haven't seen it go any lower than that. Has anybody seen lower temps than this with this kit once the motor is warmed up?

I am also curious what type of numbers I am putting down to the tires - and since I haven't had it dyno'd yet I may have to do that just for curiosity sake. I am a 6MT so I know I put down more to the tires anyway due to less driveliness loss. I will have to find the time and get it done.

If you are on the fence, two words, DO IT. You will be glad. For the cost of the kit and installation combined, the hp gain and smile on my face are the best bang for my buck I have ever experienced when modding any vehicle I have ever owned. I've modded at least 10 cars with similar types of upgrades so my statement should be qualified.

One more thing - anybody with a 6MT change their gears? If so, longer or shorter? My last manual car was a 2009 Viper and it had a long first gear giving me about 62 mph in first. In this car, I am looking at maybe 2/3 of that. Anybody who has done it (longer or shorter) please chime in. I know more torque will be available with shorter gears, but longer gears are less work.

I also included pics of my Spectre rear wing which I just installed.

Peace

Easy2speed
03-17-10, 12:29 PM
I have your same setup minus the 160 thermostat. I have not installed them yet, but I was wondering if I need the thermostat for the car to behave correctly. Anyone have the 9.5 pulley, heat exchanger, and tune without the thermostat?

CTSV_Jim
03-17-10, 12:40 PM
So I was on the fence about your wheels when you initially posted them and your springs. I am no longer on the fence. The rear 3/4 view looks really nice and I LOVE the heat exchanger hiding behind the mesh...looks awesome! Congrats on the mod!

Gary Wells
03-17-10, 12:44 PM
This thread is worthless without dyno #'s and / or charts.
J/K, but some dyno #'s would be nice.

zr1vet
03-17-10, 09:43 PM
I have the 9.5 and no thermostat or heat exchanger. No problems noted. I only get on it for short spirited runs so I can't say I've experienced heat soak issues. The weather has warmed up enough for me to finally load up the max tune today. Min tune was kick a$$ so I can't wait to try the max tune out tomorrow!! :)

v4meinsandiego
03-17-10, 10:47 PM
So I was on the fence about your wheels when you initially posted them and your springs. I am no longer on the fence. The rear 3/4 view looks really nice and I LOVE the heat exchanger hiding behind the mesh...looks awesome! Congrats on the mod!

The stance is nice and ride quality is great imo.

This thread is worthless without dyno #'s and / or charts.
J/K, but some dyno #'s would be nice.

I know, I know....working on it.