: 99 Eldo ETC Codes p1375, P1654, B2502

tccadieldo
03-13-10, 01:48 AM
Newbie to the site. Im Tommy, have a 99 Eldo, exact replica to the last one ever sold except i have woodgrain interior. Anywho, running rough all of a sudden. Got codes P1375 - Ingniton mod, I do not know where it is. Code #P1654 - Cruise disable output, and B2502 - Park relay (BTSI) shorted to ground. To date I have checked power to sensors thruout the car, cleaned egr, iac, TB, checked for spark, new plugs and wires. History is that when the tach and cruise stopped working the car ran rough. Intermittent the tach would start working and the car would smooth out but the cruise still did not work and the car would stall if placed into reverse. How do I find short for park relay? Where is the ICM and how do I check it? What does it mean Cruise disable output? Also, SES is on, and I do on occasion get a message reading on the display "Service Idle Control". That was the message that sent me on my way cleaning tB etc. I am disabled but was a decent wrench back in the day and think i can fix this with you guys help. I have been so impressed observing what you guys have on this site. I have tried the pay for answer thing and got no where. The techs just told me the obvious. I am hoping Cadi people will know cadi peoples unique needs and not be so generic. I know this is an easy fix, I just can not afford to just arbitrarily throw parts at the problem. Thanks, T

Ranger
03-13-10, 12:12 PM
The ICM is what the 4 coils are mounted on. 4 plugs on it, 2 on each side.

tccadieldo
03-13-10, 09:27 PM
thanks Ranger. Is there a way to test the icm?. Is there a way to test the coil packs? Any info on the other codes as to how I should proceed? Thanks, Tommy

Ranger
03-13-10, 10:21 PM
A FSM would have the procedure to test the ICM. I don't know how. It's probably lengthy.

You can test the coils with a DVM, but I forget what the resistance should be. Someone will probably chime in with it. The other option is to swap them one by one with a known good one. That I have done.

P1654 - Cruise Control Inhibit Output Circuit
Hard to say. I assume this one is the cruise disengage circuit. Once again, it will take a FSM to chase this one down. Could be the switch, wiring, CC module.

B2502 - Auto Trans Shift Lock Control Shorted to Ground
Man you really need a FSM. I'd look at the wiring in the console from the shift lock solenoid or maybe a bad solenoid itself, but I'm just taking shots in the dark here.

tccadieldo
03-15-10, 02:10 PM
If I had a vaccuum leak would it trigger the icm code?

Ranger
03-15-10, 05:23 PM
No..

tccadieldo
03-15-10, 05:38 PM
Thanks ranger. I am guessing a FSM is a full service manual?

Ranger
03-15-10, 05:48 PM
FACTORY service manual by Helm Inc. DO NOT waste your money on Haynes or Chiltons.

tccadieldo
01-10-11, 07:25 PM
I have the answer to my problem and thought the cool thing to do is post the culprit and help someone else. My problem was that I kept blowing the DIS fuse. The answer was that I had two wires fused together in the loom that descends from the coil pack assembly (ICM). Split the harness casining and found short right at the junction. Fixed the short and all is fine. By the way, narrowing the location down was not that hard with the wiring diagram. Thanks Ranger for keeping me going after it. Tommy

Ranger
01-10-11, 11:08 PM
Thanks for the feedback.