: Superstitious Items

Stoneage_Caddy
08-18-04, 08:39 PM
Elvis and his rock gave me an idea so here goes , outside your arse what always has to be with you in your car ?

Mine is a Silver Necklace hanging off the rear view mirror , 4 cars and 3 charms later it sits in the caddy with a sandollar i glued togther from peices i found on the beach . Almost lost it when i crashed the G20 , but someone brought me the rearview mirror off it when i was sitting in the hospital (they couldnt get the necklace off)...Got her loose and put it on the caddy along with the liscense plate off that car (got the tag registerd for the deville)

But maybe that thing is bad luck , its been in 3 crashes ...... :hmm:

illumina
08-18-04, 08:41 PM
just never carry a picture of an ex-girlfriend in the car. your car will start to nag.

Stoneage_Caddy
08-18-04, 08:44 PM
lol ...dude i cant even remeber my Ex's name ...or even if i had one .. i have "dryspells" longer than the shelf life of spam !!!! lol

I do see people put pics of there girlfreinds on the clusters ...never saw the point , gets in the way of important stuff like gauges .....

Ralph
08-18-04, 08:47 PM
LOL! Got a St. Christopher tag hanging from the rear view mirror. It's small so you don't really see it even when driving. I guess it got it's start in my Grand Marquis one winter as the highway was called "sheer ice" by the news, and we've been good so far.

Stoney, you'd better get rid of that thing. :hmm:

Illumina, forget your ex. it's not healthy. pm me your home addy, I got a pic of Natty that will blow your socks off. :D Print it, put it in your car, and park next to her. :D

illumina
08-18-04, 08:49 PM
my ex (insert terror that causes uncontrollable head banging here) girlfriends name will always be imprinted in my skull. (no, not a tattoo).

i have a strange thing i keep in my trunk: my dog was killed 2 years ago, and when i found her body on the side of some road, she had those burrs that are found in the woods all over her. i have always kept those in the trunk, and i consider them good luck. crazy as it sounds, i will never get rid of those burrs.

ralph, ill pm you soon...natty sounds like a better bet than......................her :suspense: :D

Stoneage_Caddy
08-18-04, 09:03 PM
illumina needs a new woman ...badly

a new screen name too , i keep seeing his name and thinking of a aweful front drive chevy from the early 90s

tru504187211
08-18-04, 09:25 PM
I'd say it would have to be the crucifix that I've got 'round my neck...for my guy Mr. Johnson, it would have to be his phone - drive with one hand, hold the phone in the other. If the phone is in his pocket while driving, that's where his hand is.

illumina
08-18-04, 09:26 PM
illumina needs a new woman ...badly

a new screen name too , i keep seeing his name and thinking of a aweful front drive chevy from the early 90s

sorry, the name must stay... :D :cool:

i had a buddy that claimed his 97' lumina (3.1 liter) could hit 0-60 mph in 6 seconds, with no mods. i told him he was full of shit. he told me that my car was junk. guess what? he just had to replace the engine in that lumina!!! (knock on wood for me :D ) and i will still blow the doors off of that thing. now the lumina ltz was quicker, but i can put about 3 cars on them by 60, done it before, will have no problems doing it again.

Stoneage_Caddy
08-18-04, 09:31 PM
Speaking of "fast" Luminas ,I came across a 5 speed DOHC 3.4l 93 Lumina Z34 Coupe with 25k on the clock ....interesting ...for a lumina .....

Ralph
08-18-04, 09:31 PM
sorry, the name must stay... :D :cool:

i had a buddy that claimed his 97' lumina (3.1 liter) could hit 0-60 mph in 6 seconds, with no mods. i told him he was full of shit. he told me that my car was junk. guess what? he just had to replace the engine in that lumina!!! (knock on wood for me :D ) and i will still blow the doors off of that thing. now the lumina ltz was quicker, but i can put about 3 cars on them by 60, done it before, will have no problems doing it again.

Back in '91, I wanted one of those Illumina Z34's with the twin dual cam engines. They looked ok, but I don't remember how much power they were. Around 200? Now everyone I see is wrecked.

illumina
08-18-04, 09:35 PM
Back in '91, I wanted one of those Illumina Z34's with the twin dual cam engines. They looked ok, but I don't remember how much power they were. Around 200? Now everyone I see is wrecked.

1991 chevy lumina:
210 hp @ 5200 rpm.
215 lb. ft. torque 4400 rpm.
7.5 0-60
15.8 1/4 mile.

decent for it's time no doubt.

Ralph
08-18-04, 09:36 PM
Stoney! You jinxed me. We posted about the same car at the same time!

That's it, you owe me a Florida plate with an orange on it! btw, I found out shipping is dirt cheap, less than 7 bucks. ;)

Thanks for the numbers Illumina, man, you must know your cars to come up with those nums that fast.

illumina
08-18-04, 09:44 PM
:2thumbs:

na...i just know some good sites that are easy to use.

http://www.car-stats.com
http://www.edmunds.com

these two sites are the status quo for me. and just like the junk yard, they are holy :cool:

D148L0
08-18-04, 10:27 PM
I don't know if it was a "superstitious item", but I always had a human skull in my trunk. I had to leave it back before crossing the border, I'm still trying to figure out if I can bring it with me one of this days...

RBraczyk
08-18-04, 11:04 PM
I always carry the same pair of jumper cables around. Mind you the truck has never broken down.

Ralph
08-18-04, 11:43 PM
I don't know if it was a "superstitious item", but I always had a human skull in my trunk. I had to leave it back before crossing the border, I'm still trying to figure out if I can bring it with me one of this days...

Anybody we know?? :p Come to think of it, 1ToyCad hasn't been around in a while. :hmm:

Vesicant
08-18-04, 11:58 PM
Volkswagen Fox GL - aka Devil Car

We have a very ancient bottle of Ozium (that hasnt run out yet) , been in 4 cars so far... the first car it was in , the engine felt like it had no power at all.. (after a while of ownership) and the guys working on it - one of them ended up going to the hospital because his hand got sliced on a part of the car. All of this to find out that the cat was plugged. In the garage for a week because the car had no power to it (despite what little it did have)

The Ozium saga continues -

The next was a 89 Buick Century- Service Engine Soon light haunted us many a time 'pon the road.

1993 Chevrolet G20 Gladiator Conversion Van - Sweeet rig, TBI 350 , awesome interior - The mood lights in the van stopped working, and never worked again. The whole body started creeking and bending... we traded to the truck.. it literally felt "limp" lol.

1998 Chevy K1500 Silverado Z71 - Still current - Rear axle made a terrible grinding noise, sounded like a semi truck. The metal particle magnet that glues on to the cover, came off sometime during the life and got chewed up... wrecked the berings and the pinion gear to heck. 1500 dollars later... it works. Just recently, brother inlaw installing sparkplug in motor, overtorqued it and broke off the ceramic leaving the bolt part in the plug hole. 2 weeks later after sending the cylinder head off for repair, the tuneup is finally completed.

The Ozium spray is now in the glovebox of the truck, and still has a lot left in it... what does this mean? Who knows.... it kills germs in the air though and smells great :D

D148L0
08-19-04, 11:08 AM
Anybody we know?? :p Come to think of it, 1ToyCad hasn't been around in a while. :hmm:
:shhh: ;)

Elvis
08-19-04, 05:41 PM
In addition to "the ROCK" I have a St. Christopher medal given to me in 1983 by my fellow employees at a jewelry store I used to work in. I had recently badly wrecked a Mustang convertible and they gave the medal to me as a going away present. That medal has been in my last eight cars.