: Why won't my flash drive work with my MacBook?

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-12-10, 07:12 PM
So I've got one of those USB flash drives when I used a PC. I put a bunch of stuff on that flash drive, and now I can't get it to load onto my MacBook. If I put it into the USB port, nothing happens, but if I insert it into the USB port onto my PC, it loads up just fine. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Are they not compatible with PC and Mac?

V-Eight
03-12-10, 07:22 PM
Mine works on both my PC and Mac (and I use it to transfer data between all time). Did you try restarting your computer or something simple like that? Or maybe that brand isn't compatible?

ejguillot
03-12-10, 07:26 PM
That's unusual - all the flash drives I've ever used worked just fine in my Mac or PC. Try this: Get the stuff off the flash drive, format it on the Mac (use the FAT filesystem) and try it again on the PC.

nikon
03-12-10, 08:40 PM
Even linux can read an NTFS file system, but mac...no...ran into the same problem, you need to reformat to a fat file system.

Jesda
03-12-10, 08:44 PM
Try NTFS-3G
http://macntfs-3g.blogspot.com/

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-12-10, 09:25 PM
FAT file system? This is greek to me.

Jesda
03-13-10, 12:24 AM
NTFS is the later, more secure file system used on Windows machines. FAT and FAT32 are the older ones, and they're more compatible.

itschrome
03-13-10, 01:22 AM
Jesda Has this one down, follow that link.

How ever in the future (and i know i will get shit for this but screw you all) don't buy mac. They are over priced and absolutely not worth the money they are sold for. every mac product I have ever owned or used was complete and total hyped garbage. I am talking every thing from mac pc's, mac book, ipod and Iphones. all complete shit. Now I also realize this doesn't help so I digress and leave your thread. sorry about the rant.. but seriously junk.

Stingroo
03-13-10, 01:24 AM
:yup:

Though I did enjoy my iPod Classic, back in the day, because it held more media than I knew what to do with.

Jesda
03-13-10, 02:45 AM
I -love- my Mac. It was homemade though. My G4 Mac Mini was the best computer I ever owned, but I got a pretty huge discount on it.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-13-10, 03:33 AM

How ever in the future (and i know i will get shit for this but screw you all) don't buy mac. They are over priced and absolutely not worth the money they are sold for. every mac product I have ever owned or used was complete and total hyped garbage. I am talking every thing from mac pc's, mac book, ipod and Iphones. all complete shit. Now I also realize this doesn't help so I digress and leave your thread. sorry about the rant.. but seriously junk.

I'm going to disagree with you on that. I love my Macbook. I've hated every PC I've ever owned.

Stingroo
03-13-10, 03:35 AM
Never really had much experience with macs, but what I did have, I didn't like.

They smell. I wubs my PCs.

hardrockcamaro@mac.c
03-13-10, 01:24 PM

You're just being silly. :thepan:

They're the most completely designed and integrated hardware and software product you can buy with longer average lifespans and much higher resale values which makes the cost of ownership the same or lower than cheapo PC's.

I shall not rise to your trolling comments beyond this one response! :bigroll:

dkozloski
03-13-10, 04:43 PM
Anybody that would buy and use a Mac would sleep in their underwear.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-13-10, 05:12 PM
I sleep in my underwear.....and pajama pants and a t-shirt!

orconn
03-13-10, 05:26 PM
Yeah, Dkoz, what does it make you if you sleep in your underwear, but don't own a Mac, or even use one?

dkozloski
03-13-10, 07:58 PM
Yeah, Dkoz, what does it make you if you sleep in your underwear, but don't own a Mac, or even use one?
That's obvious. Bald headed.

hardrockcamaro@mac.c
03-13-10, 09:25 PM
So if you sleep in someone else's underwear it makes you a PC user???

RightTurn
03-13-10, 09:57 PM
:yup:

itschrome
03-14-10, 03:22 AM
I sleep nude, what does that make me? nude and often on the ground....

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-14-10, 10:16 AM
You must be a fan of Linux.

hardrockcamaro@mac.c
03-14-10, 01:22 PM
Definately Linux cos that's hardcore...

Stingroo
03-15-10, 10:14 AM
Definately Linux cos that's hardcore...

:histeric: Epic.

Jesda
03-15-10, 10:39 AM