: Toyota - How to stop our cars

gary88
03-12-10, 01:20 PM
http://www.toyota.com/recall/videos/stoppingprocedure.html

Anyone who seriously needs to watch this video to know what to do needs to have their license ripped to shreds.

I also love how she says if you are not currently experiencing and issues that Toyota is completely confident the car is safe to drive... you know, except for the part where it may develop accelerator issues. Incredible stupidity from Toyota there.

25lighters
03-12-10, 01:33 PM
lol, i wonder if they will fix any problems that happens when the rpms are maxed after its thrown into neutral.

hueterm
03-12-10, 01:51 PM
Crash them into a tree? BAAAD -- I'm mean ;-P

codewize
03-12-10, 02:10 PM
Amazing. Do you really think that anyone driving a Toyota has the muscle to steer and stop that car without power assist to those systems?

Turning the engine off, for most drivers, is about the most idiotic thing you could do. And I'm sure that in a panic situation people are going to stop the key at the ACC position and never lock the steering wheel.

But hey, we're confident these cars are safe to drive.

Rolex
03-12-10, 02:57 PM
While it's highly unlikely your car will accelerate out of control, we felt it was necessary to post a video showing you how to handle it if it does......though it's VERY unlikely you'll need this info.....because we're convinced your vehicle is totally safe to drive......unless your accelerator feels sticky....in which case you should park the vehicle right away in a safe area and call a dealer. :sheesh:

hueterm
03-12-10, 02:59 PM
Surely the wheel won't lock if the gear shift isn't in park....?

Why don't these fools just pull the emergency brake, or put the trans in Park? Or are both of those electronic, and prevent you from doing so?

I'd pull a "Beast" like Jerry Seinfeld, and leave it down in 'da hood w/the keys in the front seat....................

dkozloski
03-12-10, 03:05 PM
lol, i wonder if they will fix any problems that happens when the rpms are maxed after its thrown into neutral.
Not to worry! The automatic rev limiter holds the revs at a safe level.

dkozloski
03-12-10, 03:08 PM
Amazing. Do you really think that anyone driving a Toyota has the muscle to steer and stop that car without power assist to those systems?

Turning the engine off, for most drivers, is about the most idiotic thing you could do. And I'm sure that in a panic situation people are going to stop the key at the ACC position and never lock the steering wheel.

But hey, we're confident these cars are safe to drive.
Nearly anybody can safely steer and stop a car after the engine dies. Concentrate on the steering and let the car coast to a stop. No big deal.

orconn
03-12-10, 05:02 PM
I like the option above the messsage window: "Build Your Own Toyota" ..... not likely!

Kick94sts
03-12-10, 05:39 PM
I like the option above the messsage window: "Build Your Own Toyota" ..... not likely!

You could probably do it better!!! :lol:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-12-10, 07:18 PM
Am I the only one turned on by this video? A beautiful women talking about Toyotas failing. :lol: :quagmire:

Jesda
03-12-10, 08:00 PM
There's so much fail here, except for the nice looking 30something woman. The only part that would be confusing is how to actually turn the engine off, which like a laptop computer requires you to press and hold the stop button rather than just tapping it.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-12-10, 09:26 PM
" N is for Neutral!" :D :lol:

I always thought Toyota owners by and large weren't car people, but this really proves it!

gary88
03-12-10, 10:06 PM
Toyota owners are largely in the same demographic as your grandparents buying a computer.

They don't really want one. They don't want to need one. They don't know how to use one, but they figure they have to because everyone else has one. They're scared to use it, and will break it at the first possible opportunity. Then they won't know what to do when it fails.

Stingroo
03-12-10, 10:19 PM
Very true for the most part.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-12-10, 10:20 PM
Sounds like most girls that use Sybians. :lol:

billc83
03-12-10, 10:21 PM
^ Sort of like a teenager with a condom, if you think about it.

77CDV
03-13-10, 12:05 AM
If you need explicit video instructions on how to turn your car off, you really ought to turn in your licence.

orconn
03-13-10, 12:09 AM
Oh come on now, you guys are being far to critical of Toyota owner's!

Stingroo
03-13-10, 01:21 AM
If you need explicit video instructions on how to turn your car off, you really ought to turn in your licence.

:yeah:

Sandy
03-13-10, 10:57 AM
I find this to be true:

People who buyToyo & honDUH (moreso than any other brands) are totally car-dumb. The have zero interest in cars, hate to have to buy a new one, do not keep up required maintenance on the car, take the car to a "Car Abuse Station) ... you know it a a Car Wash; and are totally confused with anything having to deal with cars. They I.D. a car by color and body style, because they cannot tell the brand / model.
When they are in the market to buy, the never look at Motor Trend,Car & Driver, Automobile Magazine, or any other such publiction. Where do they go?
Comsumer's Report's, who last liked an American car in 1969.
They'll buy a silver Toyo Corolla and think that it that it is unique !!
Worst of all, when they go into a dealer to buy it, they think they know more than the salesperson does!! They want to buy the car for $50.00 over the dealer's INVOICE, 'cause C.R. told them to.
Totally a lost tribe of consumers!

c5 rv
03-13-10, 10:58 AM
The alternate, NSFW video on how to drive and stop your Prius:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZ4PtafRB9c

Gristle Boy
03-13-10, 04:22 PM
^^^ lol ^^^

ben.gators
03-13-10, 04:41 PM
^^^^^^

Ha ha ha ha,how many times he used the word "**** in a 3 minute video? I tried to count but it was too many and could not :D

orconn
03-13-10, 05:35 PM
The alternate, NSFW video on how to drive and stop your Prius:

YouTube- 2010 Toyota Prius brake problems. Easy fix, amazing documentary (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZ4PtafRB9c)

Considering this guys breadth and command of descriptive vocabulary and pride in mastery of simple automotive functions I am surprised that his obviously higher intellect didn't warn him that he will probably be recognised by his exposed nose and distinctive head gear!

c5 rv
03-13-10, 07:02 PM
^^^
Then there's the f***in safety of f***in filming yourself while you're f***in driving.

93DevilleUSMC
03-14-10, 12:08 AM
She keeps saying "although it IS a rare occurrence" referring to unintended acceleration. Tell that to the families of thirty-four Toyota drivers so far.

c5 rv
03-14-10, 12:44 PM
SNL's take:

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/clips/weekend-getaway-prius-commercial/1208877/

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-14-10, 01:05 PM
hehehehehe

gary88
03-14-10, 01:53 PM
SNL's take:

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/clips/weekend-getaway-prius-commercial/1208877/

That was gold :rofl:

Rolex
03-14-10, 11:02 PM
SNL's take:

:haha:

Good stuff. :histeric:

ewill3rd
03-15-10, 07:54 AM
Both videos I saw were hilarious.

I think it is cool they found a Toyota with a push button start AND an ignition key!
:lol:

I can't get the SNL video to load.

40 F-bombs per mile... nice.

DopeStar 156
03-15-10, 11:20 AM
Anyone else find the slogan, "Moving Forward," somewhat amusing now? Like perhaps they should add a colon along with "and nowhere else...."

Sandy
03-15-10, 04:58 PM
Love it. Funny & true. IF I had to drive a honDUH or a Toyopet or a Pisson or a Kia... I'd take the 32 Crosstown instead. I kinda like the Hyundai Azura Limited. That might be okay.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-16-10, 10:30 PM
Hyundai is the one mainstream Asian brand that I'm really starting to like. Hondas are ugly, Toyotas just plain suck, Nissans are kinda goofy looking, Mazdas are ugly, Mitsubishi....do they still exist? Subaru is "OK" too. Kia is too cheap. Hyundai makes decent looking cars, sells them cheaper than the competition, and they're the only mainstream company that offers a full sized, V8, RWD luxury sedan.

V-Eight
03-16-10, 11:11 PM
H a full sized, V8, RWD luxury sedan.

Doesn't Infiniti have the M56 coming and had the M45 or whatever it was before?

77CDV
03-17-10, 03:33 AM
Mazdas are ugly

This from the man who was ready to pony up for one a couple months back. :histeric: