: Holy c@%*$)!!!! Power

Somefun
03-11-10, 08:14 PM
Guy's I've only had my V for a short while like 700 mile but addiction made me order some real cool goodies from Wait4ME. I got the hand held programmer, the 9.5 pulleys and Jesse cold air intake! So far all I did was the hand held tuner and installed the Max tune!!! Holy Crap! This thing rips!!!! Man I can't wait to see what she will do with the pulley and the cold air intake! How in the hell am I going to drive this bitch in the snow next winter!!!! Have you guy’s had any issues with the max tune over the long haul? Should I run the mild tune all the time then the max tune when I feel like driving the wheels off her?:helpless:

Tri-SS
03-11-10, 08:22 PM
What brand tuner did you get?

Somefun
03-11-10, 08:26 PM
What brand tuner did you get?

SCT but it's Jesse's tune that is making it happen. I have to tell you it's a huge diff. I'm not sure I even need the pulley change or the cold air intake. It's crazy! And I've had a bunch of hot rods.......

Htown09
03-11-10, 08:28 PM
6MT or Auto?

Somefun
03-11-10, 08:32 PM
6MT or Auto?

Auto....my fist auto in a long time but with the tune I'm glad I went with it....

Tony407
03-11-10, 08:40 PM
I'm right there with you, Somefun. I thought the same thing after adding the tune. I also have an auto. One word sums it up for me: Violent.

I haven't been able to convince myself of the need for any more performance mods at the moment, although a cold air intake would be nice.

Tony

Somefun
03-11-10, 08:49 PM
I'm right there with you, Somefun. I thought the same thing after adding the tune. I also have an auto. One word sums it up for me: Violent.

I haven't been able to convince myself of the need for any more performance mods at the moment, although a cold air intake would be nice.

Tony

Yeah your right I wish I got he hand held first but this stuff is like crack to me! I orered all the parts before I even picked up my car!!!! I whacked but O well! it's going to be a rainy weekend in CT so I may have to just install the rest of the parts and see what happens!!!

cbloveday
03-11-10, 08:59 PM
I run the max perf tune always.
I could never bring my heart to run the mild after running the max perf. I do have 100 Octane race tune as well.

I had no problems with the winter in Chicago with Sottos. I take that back The only issue I had was, a couple of times I got ice on the driveway right near the
garage door. I do have a 3 car garage but one is double and I occupy the single space. Anyway about halfway through the garage, if not underway or I stop to reposition the wheels, when I let off the brake, the rear started slidding toward the sides of the door. Basically the car went sideways on the ice just by letting off the brake. Not an issue but was I really careful going forward around the garage in those conditions.

neuronbob
03-11-10, 09:56 PM
Congrats on the new ride!

As for the tunes, I'm still evaluating w4m's mild tune. At the end of this tank of gas (next week) I'll be evaluating the max tune. Review to follow. Hoping to get all this done before the spring/summer gas blend becomes available so I can make this as "objective" as possible. So far, mild is good....from what you guys are saying, max should be better.

thebigjimsho
03-11-10, 10:29 PM
556 is enough for me. Even at near 60 degrees I p00p my pants. The fact I'm going to mod it still shows my stupidity...

Gary Wells
03-12-10, 04:12 AM
Congratulations on the car.

Somefun
03-12-10, 05:26 AM
Thanks guys! man I have to say hat's off to GM for building such a great car. I'm switched to BMW years ago and had a few M3's but they always lacked the raw power I love!!! I'm thinking of changing the trans oil over to Amsoil just to help it out. Have any of you guy's done that? I changed the motor oil over already...

SlvrBullIT
03-12-10, 06:18 AM
I stayed with the GM tranny fluid, at least until 30+K miles then I'll switch over. Autos take a ton of fluid btw to do a full change over.

Gotham CTS-V
03-12-10, 08:05 AM
The 9.5 pulley and CAI transform the car. You KNOW it's supercharged when you get that sh*t installed. Blower whine and boost that pulls you into the back of your seat.

Enjoy ;)

cbloveday
03-12-10, 11:45 AM
ya baby! I was on the highway the other day and punched it at about 60-70. I got traction and I swear the front end lifted off the ground! It definately raised up or the rear squatted however you wanna look at it. Freaked me out. :)

demorgan59
03-12-10, 12:25 PM
I almost can't wait for Jesse to "operate" on mine in a few weeks. I also can't believe I just typed that, if you know what I mean. :histeric: