: 2007 esv with excessive wind noise-GM little help

bedhead
03-11-10, 03:30 PM
I have just about had it with my 2007 escalade esv. With the price one pays for a Cadillac there should be absolutely no wind noise. I have owned many GM vehicles and have never experienced such wind noise. My 2001 Suburban had none. Dealer replaced the door seals and that has helped. I now can hear the noise coming from the windshield. Dealer is willing to remove and reseal the windshield but is worried about it breaking in the process. GM will not cover windshield replacement unless there is a defect in the glass. Cadillac Customer Care would do nothing - no recall on the windshields. Help - what do I do now? Go to another dealer and convince them to find a defect in the glass so GM will cover it? Or spend the $280 and replace the windshield myself? It just doesn't seem right. I will never purchase another Cadillac again and you can bet I will tell as many as I can about my experience. Any feedback would be appreciated. I've read all the previous posts regarding this issue and I'm at a loss as to what to do now. Thanks!

evois
03-11-10, 05:18 PM
don't waste your time, replacing the windshield will not cure the wind noise. it is an SUV and not a car.

LITTLEELVISDAN
03-11-10, 07:25 PM
I have been on the Escalade boards for 1 week and this is the 5th seperate thread about wind noise on the drivers side. Have they adjusted your front and rear doors? drivers side... Mine was done and is is as quiet as my STS-V at 80

Rolex
03-12-10, 09:35 AM
Read the stickies?

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-ext-esv-forum-2007/110383-all-links-all-posts-07-wind.html