: STS-V technician Chicago

rodehard
03-11-10, 01:11 PM
Does anyone have a recommendation for a technician (dealer) in the Chicago area that knows how to work on an STS-V. I had an unfortunate accident which damaged the air cleaner and mass air flow harness. The body shop repaired the damage but now the car does not seem as responsive as it once was. I would like an experienced technician to take a look at it.

Berger 93
03-11-10, 01:55 PM
I use Gary Lang Auto Group in McHenry.

I hear Naperville and Heritage Cadi in Lombard ar OK . . .

Patrick Cadi in Schaumburg, is a bunch of hosers . . .

Cataract
03-11-10, 02:04 PM
Why is Patrick bad? I've been there once, but haven't really had to deal with them yet.. Would you recommend traveling for another dealer to get service work?

OP, let us know how it works out, good luck.

bobs-sts-v
03-11-10, 02:46 PM
I only have mine serviced at Naperville, even though I am only 5 minutes from Heritage in Lombard. NEVER had a problem they couldn't fix and the same guy always works on my V. They sell the most V's in the area, so they should - and DO - know how to fix them.

Bob

DraganHawk
03-12-10, 06:08 PM
Rizza Caddy has sold the most V's in Illinois.
I've never had a problem with Rizza or Heritage. I've used both and all Caddies I have ever owned came from Rizza/Heritage.

I have bought many parts(thru my shop) thru Naperville Cadillac and am very happy with them. I just have never used them.

I would probbably try FLP Performance in Naperville. He's done a V or 2.

JimmyH
03-12-10, 09:57 PM
Motorwerks in Barrington is among the best service I have had from any dealer of any car make.

They were very familiar with my CTS-V and did great work. I don't think they would have any problems with an STS-V, being it is "more" Cadillac than a CTS-V.

CIWS
03-13-10, 11:35 AM
I only have mine serviced at Naperville, even though I am only 5 minutes from Heritage in Lombard. NEVER had a problem they couldn't fix and the same guy always works on my V. They sell the most V's in the area, so they should - and DO - know how to fix them.

Bob

The dealership I've gone to here also sells the most Vs and regular Cadillacs regularly but their service department has consistently demonstrated they don't know crap about the STS-V or even how to prevent damaging it when putting it on a lift.

JimmyH
03-13-10, 05:17 PM
What dealer was yours again? Sewell? I had talked to them 3 years ago before I bought my V. They had a nice low mileage one I was considering flying to TX for. whoever I talked to struck me as knowledgable and friendly. Of course, they always are when they think you might be a customer.

CIWS
03-13-10, 08:47 PM
Sewell on Lemon ave in Dallas. I can't speak to the service department at any of their other dealerships.

rodehard
03-16-10, 12:01 PM
Thanks for all the recommendations. I ended up taking the car to Gary Lang in Mc Henry and worked through Mike. It turns out there were two codes (lean condition) in the brain and there were two updates from Cadillac available. My car now performs as good or better.

Very satisfied with the service at Gary Lang.

Berger 93
03-17-10, 06:57 PM
Thanks for all the recommendations. I ended up taking the car to Gary Lang in Mc Henry and worked through Mike. It turns out there were two codes (lean condition) in the brain and there were two updates from Cadillac available. My car now performs as good or better.

Very satisfied with the service at Gary Lang.

Glad they took care of you. I know someone that works there, and they take care of all my cars and truck.

Patrick were A-Holes . . . the ONLY nice thing I got out of dealing with them was to drive a new CTS all day . . . Basically refused to acknowledge a single issue with the car, and made a mess out of the recall on the rear axle pinion seal. Nothing like driving an $80,000 + Cadi that smells like burning differential fluid for a few days. Even refuse to apply a TSB, denied it existed. Sorry you only get one chance to lie to me. Then you are mud in my book.