: CD Player jammed/not working, Disc option disabled

marshallp
03-10-10, 10:44 AM
I've search the forums for an answer to this with no luck.

I just recently acquired a 2007 low mileage Escalade. I'm new to the world of Escalade, but so far I love it.

If I try to use the cd player it refuses to take the cd, like there is a cd/cds already there. If I try to eject nothing comes out.

Also if I go to the touch screen and try to select the "Disc" menu option, it has a blue outline and is disable.

If this has already been answered somewhere, mea cupla.

Thanks for any help you guys might be able to give.

itsrixter
03-10-10, 05:58 PM
I had the same issue. I bought a 2007 ESV two weeks ago. Everything worked. After I drained the battery when it was getting detailed (doors open for 4 hours) I had to jump start the truck, then the dvd/cd option did not work same as yours. I could not eject or add a disk. A disk was stuck and spinning in the player. The stuck disk kept spinning even when the truck was off so the battery died overnight.
Took it to the dealer they tried re-setting the nav...didn't work, got a new nav head unit under warranty.

dixit
03-11-10, 12:33 AM
Ive had this happen before sometimes when I use some burned DVDs for movies for my Kids. The whole DVD/CD gets locked out, cant eject, cant get it to change disc, nothing. All I can do is use other functions like AM/FM/XM.

So what I do (happened to me twice now), just go to the hood, pop the fuse cover, and pull the radio one. It will kids the headunit, and put the fuse back in, and it "reboots" the unit and finally my DVD/CD works, can eject and what not. Seems like certain DVDs or the way it reads it something happens and it just freezes the whole unit.

Dixit

marshallp
03-11-10, 10:31 AM
Thanks for the help. After pulling the fuse it started working again. I should of thought of that!

bigcowboy
01-20-11, 12:19 AM
I know this is an older post but I'm having the same issue with my 07 escalade. One day it just stopped working and I don't know why. When it stopped working I could here the CDs moving around and making noise but they wouldn't play or eject, it would just kick off and say "Disc Error". Then I tried taking the fuse out and putting it back in as described in the post and it didn't work. After I did that now I can't even select the CD function because it is a light blue color so it's not even an option anymore. Does the car have to on or off when pulling the fuse because I tried both? I'm getting frustrated!!

morrow11178
01-27-11, 11:14 PM
I know this is an older post but I'm having the same issue with my 07 escalade. One day it just stopped working and I don't know why. When it stopped working I could here the CDs moving around and making noise but they wouldn't play or eject, it would just kick off and say "Disc Error". Then I tried taking the fuse out and putting it back in as described in the post and it didn't work. After I did that now I can't even select the CD function because it is a light blue color so it's not even an option anymore. Does the car have to on or off when pulling the fuse because I tried both? I'm getting frustrated!!

Dealing with the exact same issue for the past month. Just out of the blue stopped working. Tried all suggestions. Nothing. Took it in under after market warranty and was told repairs would not be covered because the DVD/CD player are connected to the NAV unit....and they won't touch anything to do with NAV.

So irritated.

dixit
01-27-11, 11:54 PM
Well most aftermarket warranties do not cover the NAV or Headunit unless you specifically add it to your policy, even if you get one of them true bumper to bumper aftermarkets, read the fine print, always they exclude the navigation unit. Its a scam but thats how they operate.

Getting back to the problem, you guys pulled the fuse and had say another helper hitting eject the second you pop the fuse back in? This has always fixed my issue the two times its happened, same with DVDs that got stuck or frozen unit on the changer side.

Dixit

golfaddict
11-26-11, 12:59 AM
OK... so I want to thank all of you for this post... took my 07 escalade to cadillac and they charged me $95.00 to tell me that the CD/Nav system would need to be replaced for $1588... same problem as you were all describing... the CD player would not even light up. According to Cadillac, they couldn't even retrieve the disks that were in the CD player. I took the fuse out of the engine compartment fusebox as described, waited 30 seconds, and re-installed it and everything came back on and worked like a champ.

Thanks to all who contributed to this post.

Scott - Lexington, KY

surburban99
11-26-11, 06:25 PM
Same thing happened to my 2008 ESV. The unit was eating discs, and not ejecting them. I found on this forum that there was a recall or TSB on the problem. The dealer tried to reprogram, etc. with no results. Finally, they replaced the entire unit under warranty.

jgrew030
12-02-11, 07:08 PM
I've search the forums for an answer to this with no luck.

I just recently acquired a 2007 low mileage Escalade. I'm new to the world of Escalade, but so far I love it.

If I try to use the cd player it refuses to take the cd, like there is a cd/cds already there. If I try to eject nothing comes out.

Also if I go to the touch screen and try to select the "Disc" menu option, it has a blue outline and is disable.

If this has already been answered somewhere, mea cupla.

Thanks for any help you guys might be able to give.

I own 2009 Cadillac Escalade ESV

Same thing happened today to me, first my battery died couldn't start the SUV, once I charged it, I notice the CD player was running, you could hear it spinning non stop even after the car was off, the DISC button was disabled, couldnt eject the audio cd

SOLUTION
Read above, you have to pop open the hood and open the fuse box. Check the manual, I believe its fuse 15(blue button, took out the middle one the navigation goes blank, then placed it back in and it worked.

AJN_ESV
02-16-12, 10:24 PM
Dude this worked great.. Thanks a bunch. My boys (3 of them) drive me crazy when I cant keep them entertained while driving.

Ive had this happen before sometimes when I use some burned DVDs for movies for my Kids. The whole DVD/CD gets locked out, cant eject, cant get it to change disc, nothing. All I can do is use other functions like AM/FM/XM.

So what I do (happened to me twice now), just go to the hood, pop the fuse cover, and pull the radio one. It will kids the headunit, and put the fuse back in, and it "reboots" the unit and finally my DVD/CD works, can eject and what not. Seems like certain DVDs or the way it reads it something happens and it just freezes the whole unit.

Dixit

fahad12345
12-01-13, 11:16 AM
i did all what you did here but still the cd soft button blue and has no sense...please advise...

01-21-14, 09:01 PM
My cd/Nav unit stopped functioning tried the radio fuse no luck.Then I noticed a fuse labeled Inf/Info pulled it Voila',it's right near the radio fuse,give it a try

Ms.Valerie
03-04-14, 07:42 PM
I have an 04 Escalade and just recently the 6 disc factory changer stopped working. Normally the light is orange when it worked and just tonight I noticed it being a green color. I'm fed up. Can someone give me a clue as to what this may be. I think fuse, but where is it?