: Quick question about TPMS and something I didn't know before...

IgotGAME
03-09-10, 09:06 PM
So I just happened to be looking for something in the manual the other day and I came across a section that talked about you have to manually relearn the tires when you rotate them for the Tire Pressure Monitoring System to work properly. I was not aware of this before. It's on page 470 if you are interested. I did relearn my tires today and it's fairly simple.

But my question is this:

Is anyone noticing the TPMS reading to be a bit off? I have 2 manual tire pressure gauges I use one being electronic and the other old school method with the stick that pokes out...both show readings of around 38-39 PSI on them for all my tires. TPMS is showing 42-44 for each tire.

Anyone else ever noticed this? Is it typical for the TPMS to be off somewhat?

Robert (GA)
03-09-10, 09:45 PM
I have an Accu-Gauge digital pressure gauge and it matches the TPMS readings exactly.

IgotGAME
03-09-10, 10:01 PM
I have an Accu-Gauge digital pressure gauge and it matches the TPMS readings exactly.

Maybe I need to get a new gauge. Might do that tomorrow just to be sure.

TSS
03-10-10, 08:44 AM
So I just happened to be looking for something in the manual the other day and I came across a section that talked about you have to manually relearn the tires when you rotate them for the Tire Pressure Monitoring System to work properly. I was not aware of this before. It's on page 470 if you are interested. I did relearn my tires today and it's fairly simple.

Or, see the sticky at the top of the page here on 07+ tire pressure sensor relearn process. :cool2:

Oh yeah, my GM sensors have always been pretty dead on with my gauges. Make sure you drive the truck up to about 25 MPH first before comparing the gauge to the moniter after filling or releasing air.

glock36
03-10-10, 06:14 PM
Mine at times are all over the place.. Today the front was 42 / 38 and the rear 37/39. Each day it provides a different reading. I used the old method and manually check. Suppose it could be time to get them replaced at 40k

IgotGAME
03-10-10, 08:02 PM
I bought a digital gauge today and was within 1-1.5 lb's on each tire.

Which is fine by me...a couple of times I hit some nasty spots in the road and it's nice to be able to watch the TPMS to make sure I haven't punctured anything.