Cadillac Owners Forum banner

No Warranty Issues with Hendrix Econo-Axle........

3K views 37 replies 18 participants last post by  nikon 
#1 ·
....how could there be when the axle is so covered in rust after less then 6 months for the dealership to even know that it is different from stock. It's not affecting performance at all, and I'm sure that it will still last forever, it just sucks that I look under my car and in the middle of my rust free under body there is a long brown rusty axle.

I'm not sure if this is an issue everyone is having because I got the 2nd axle he sent out, but I just figured that whatever paint he used to cover the axle would have lasted a little bit longer!

#4 ·
Just shoot some rattle can black on it. Its just cosmetic.

#6 ·
That sucks. Why don't you powdercoat that bad boy?

On a side note, once I talked to the Service Director of my dealership he warrantied my rear diff bushing. My Service Adviser was on crack an told me the aftermarket axle added stress on the bushing. :hmm:

#7 ·
I was just going to paint it with POR15 (which I might still do) but Gforce offered me the hook up on some of their coating so I'll probably go that route. Thomas's response was that it is steel just like the stock axle and it just needs paint. I just don't understand why the stock axle that has been on the car 5 times as long has zero rust.

#10 ·
:eek:snap:

#13 ·
Is your V your daily driver? I bet the snow, ice and salt didnt help.

#18 ·
At least you can still shift gears smoothly, I paid 900$ for my spec and cant even enjoy my car !! :bomb:
At least you dont have a hole in your header or a effed up alternator.

Driving my car for 2 days with the hole was the most embarrassing thing ever. Everyone was staring...it sounded like straight up trash. :hide:

#22 ·
POR-15??? Wow!! that stuff per/gal. co$t more than the axle. Make sure you put some lube around the seal on the can if you don't use it all, or you will never be able to open it again . . . at least not without making up some new swear words.:)

I think a good wipe down, then a 'Hammerite' or 'Hammertone' finish would look good . . and co$t less.:yup:
Maybe you should 'charge' (+ -) the paint.

#23 ·
POR-15??? Wow!! that stuff per/gal. co more than the axle. Make sure you put some lube around the seal on the can if you don't use it all, or you will never be able to open it again . . . at least not without making up some new swear words.:)

I think a good wipe down, then a 'Hammerite' or 'Hammertone' finish would look good . . and co less.:yup:
Maybe you should 'charge' (+ -) the paint.
Price isn't that bad, I had a Matkins Extreme Level 2 frame on my Wrangler and I painted the whole thing in POR15!

#24 ·
It took longer to make the post then it would to paint it lol....Please take care of your pipes while your under there they look bad too....Powdercoating doesnt work,the bar twist and the powdercoat will eventally bust lose.a $5 paint job will work fine...Send it back and ill be glabd to paint it for you,ill even put a sticker on there for u

#26 ·
ted, don't feel bad, both of the HE Axles that Lollygagger and I installed are super dirty and covered in rust, my rear diff was leaking last week, took it in to my favorite dealership in merrillville and they didn't say a word about the axles. they changed the seals and installed a bleeder line, along with a few other warranty claims... on that note, has anyone had their leather steering wheel start to peel? it's happening in 2 different places, but because the stitching isn't coming apart they won't replace the steering wheel...

#27 ·
Hey there bud! Gotta love that dealership, I have a couple white spots on my steering wheel that they would not cover either, but told me that I have plenty of warranty left and if it gets worse or towards the end of my coverage they would take care of it.

#28 ·
Yo Ted, I'm sure since you already painted you Jeep frame you are well aware....... DO NOT get POR-15 on your skin, wear gloves. Nothing takes that stuff off but time. POR-15 is some awesome good shit, love the stuff. Not UV (sunlight) friendly though. It'll stick like a bastard to that rusty axle, it loves rust.
While I was looking at your photos I noticed you don't have a set of our new offset trailing arms. You do know that they are all the rage these days.....? I must say,you're rear diff area is looking a little...... "drab", we need to get you fixed-up, you know...add some spice. I'll even paint yours with POR-15. I'll send you some pictures of what your rear diff area "could" look like.:drool: :crying: :drool:

#29 ·
Skulll, did you send the axle to him and have them rebuild it and send it back for $50 or did you assemble it yourself with the parts from Hendrix?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.